Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Desperate for Luck ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
A/N: thank you to everyone who reviewed my first story. Now chapter 2 is out, I hope you'll like it just as much as chapter 1!!! First part is written in Tohru's P.O.V.
Keep posting!
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
 
Chapter 2 Desperate for Luck
 
Tohru prepared dinner for Kyo and brought it up to his room since he was so sick that he couldn't get up. Even Hatori, the doctor had troubles with determining which sickness it was, he had never come across such a weird illness which made him stay at Shigure's house until Kyo was better.
 
Tohru and Yuki went to school while Kyo was still sick at home. They finished their exams and Yuki went to his student council meetings when Tohru went to work. She arrived and started mopping the floors and cleaning the windows at a fast rate. When a man in a fancy suit came up to her.
 
“You're Miss Honda aren't you?” The man asked.
 
“Why yes, I am.” She replied.
 
“I'm the manager of this office, and I've heard a few complaints about the dirtiness of this building, I'm afraid I have to say this but your fired. So if you could please return your uniform promptly, gather your things and leave.” He said sternly.
 
“W-what…I'm fired?” She asked as if he had said something wrong.
 
“Yes. By the way, may I take your identification card of this workplace.” He said snatching the card clipped onto her pocket.
 
Tohru started to weep as she cleared her things up, took her uniform back and walked home. So many bad things happened to me today. Whilst I was walking to school, I slipped and fell into a puddle of mud dragging Yuki along with me causing us to be mud-soaked, at school I got my lunch from the cafeteria and spilt my drink on one of the prince Yuki fan club girls, I found the exams extremely difficult, I dropped my project on the floor, it was made out of glass so it broke and I had to explain excuses to the teacher and now…………now……I'm fired.
 
Come to think of it, last night, Tohru had another nightmare about being sucked into this tremendous hole full of bad luck, maybe she was getting premonitions of the future. It was kind of freaky having dreams that related to the day ahead.
 
She opened the door to Shigure's house, feeling no happiness around her like normal; she had really bad luck today. It was just a cold, frigid atmosphere. She suddenly lit up when she saw Shigure.
 
“Hello Tohru.” He greeted her.
 
“Hi Shigure.”
 
“So how was work?” He asked.
 
“I got- I got- fired.” Tohru said looking away and blinking back tears of anger and confusion.
 
“My…my… that is quite, sad. I don't have any happy news for you because when I went out to water the flowers in out garden, I found that Yuki was on the porch, looking like a ragged doll. Hatori says that it might just be the same disease or sickness as Kyo as they both have the same symptoms.” Shigure explained with a hint of seriousness in his voice that definitely was not normal.
 
“Oh my goodness, is Yuki okay? Is Kyo okay?” Tohru asked.
 
“Yuki's in bed now, so is Kyo. I think things have been rather strange these days. Don't you?”
 
“Yes, that is true.” Tohru answered thinking of all the things that caused her bad luck today.
 
This is getting really suspicious, it's all linked to my nightmares. Oh god, please don't let me be the cause of all these things otherwise I'll never be able to forgive myself. Tohru thought as she looked at the picture of her mother.
 
Tohru cooked dinner for everyone, sent the dinner to Kyo and Yuki's room, then sat down and ate with Shigure and Hatori.
 
“Oh, I hope this doesn't happen to me.” Shigure said being a bit of a drama king again.
 
“Don't be so self-centred.” Hatori pointed out.
 
“Hari, I'm not that self-centred. Am I Tohru?” He said looking at Tohru with an innocent expression.
 
“Umm-well……”
 
“I'll take that as a no, see Hari, I'm very caring.” Shigure said happily.
 
Hatori just rolled his eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Tohru went to bed, checking her windows were locked in place. She placed a candle on her desk and lighted it. `No wind can come in now, my door is locked, windows locked and shut tightly. The flame can't go out.' She thought to herself.
 
Then she fell asleep…
 
As soon as the clock struck midnight, she started to have nightmares again. This time it was Momiji dying…she also spotted Akito in the background and she herself was in a graveyard. It was all a blur and it didn't make sense but it all had a connection.
 
She awoke with a stir. It was 6:50am. Then she gasped, the candle went out and the window was open. Again, she got up and looked around alarmed that someone could have gotten into her room. She started to get frightened. This was so creepy and it all just made her shiver. She quickly got changed and went downstairs, ate her breakfast and left for school knowing that Kyo and Yuki would have to stay home.
 
She left a note for Shigure saying that his breakfast was in the fridge. She then suddenly remembered her vision of Momiji dying. She raced to school tripping over a rock, and grazing her knee. It hurt a lot, but she had to trust her dream so she kept running. “I have to get to Momiji before the sickness does.” She said under her breath.
 
As she reached school, she crashed into Haru carrying a load of books. The books all came down in a heap and Tohru bent down to help Haru.
 
“I'm so sorry.”
 
“It's fine, but why were you running? And what's wrong with your knee.” Haru asked.
 
“I fell over but it doesn't matter, I need to see Momiji.” She said desperately waving her arms.
 
“Okay, calm down, his classroom's not too faraway from here, 4 classrooms down, first turn on the right.” He stood up giving her the directions.
 
“Thank you.” She ran off then stopped.
 
“Oh Haru, I almost forgot to tell you. Yesterday, Yuki…. He's got the sickness.” Tohru called out to Haru.
 
“I'm going to see him right now.” Haru said walking off.
 
“Wait….” She replied, and then forgot about Haru still trying to find Momiji.
 
Then she spotted him, blonde hair, short, perky, yup that was Momiji and he wasn't collapsed on the floor. She gave a huge sigh of relief and ran to him.
 
“Tohru!” He exclaimed waving to her.
 
“Momiji, are you okay?” she asked trying to catch her breath.
 
“Yea I'm okay, why do you ask?”
 
“Don't worry about it, as long as your fine.” Tohru reassured him.
 
Then she said goodbye and headed out the door of Momiji's classroom when she heard a sudden `BANG'.
 
The whole class turned to look including Tohru.
 
Momiji seemed to have hit something and now he was on the floor, same position as Kyo and Yuki.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Cool, I've finished chapter 2!!
I can't wait to write chapter 3 which won't be too faraway.
I'd love to read what you think so please review.