Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Missing Me ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Missing You
Series: Fruits Basket
Pairing: Yuki/Kyo
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket or TLC's I'm Missing You So Much. Matter of fact I don't even own my comp, I'm still paying it off. ^.^;;;; So don't sue please!
Plot: Yuki and Kyo have formed a relationship over the past two years that they know of but don't actually acknowledge, when Akito finds out he gets angry and makes Ha'ri erase Kyo's memories, he makes Tohru get close to Kyo to keep him and Yuki apart.

-----

I never asked for this feeling
I never thought I would fall
I never knew how I felt
Till the day you were gone


Yuki looked up in time to see Tohru come through the door with Kyo. That cat, that damn cat. Yuki felt his chest tighten but it wasn't due to an athsma attack, it was because of the hurt he felt, he had to remind himself that Kyo had not decided to do this. No, this was completely Akito, why? Cause he was jealous of Kyo, because Yuki loved Kyo. So he made Kyo forget and ordered Tohru to get close to him. Yuki looked back down to his book hearing one of them depart up the stairs.

I was lost
I never asked for red roses
I wasn't looking for love
Somehow I let my emotions take hold
And guess what all at once
I'm in love

Yuki looked up as a shadow fell over him, it was Kyo. He looked baffled as he looked down at Yuki. "Can I help you?" Yuki asked in his normal soft tone. Kyo's eyes darted to him almost frightened before they darted back to the book in his hands. "No." He said then cleared his throat. They had pounded into Kyo's head that he was meant to always be at odds with Yuki. "I just don't see why you read that crap." He said clearly. Yuki shrugged a little, "Well if your brain weren't fried you might know." Kyo raised an eyebrow, "You want to start something rat-boy? I'll kick your ass!" But even as he said the words Yuki could see the uncertainty in his eyes. Was he somehow remembering?

Oh I miss you so much
I long for your love
It's scares me
Cuz my heart gets so weak
That I can't even breathe
How can you take things so easily
Baby why aren't you missing me?

A few days later Yuki pulled himself down the stairs to go to school. Shigure looked at him for a moment and then pulled him aside. "Stay home today." He said. "I can't." Yuki rasped, aside from his mentality he wasn't feeling good. "Oh well, you are, I don't need Ha'ri killing me because you've chosen to get ill." He really didn't give Yuki a say, of course he wouldn't, they had babied him since it happened. Even Aya was extra extra nice, and not annoying, which was really scary for Aya. When they came out into the hall Kyo and Tohru looked baffled. "You two go ahead, Yuki's running a fever so he's staying home today." Shigure said. Concern flashed Kyo's features and was gone just as fast. Yuki couldn't imagine what it was like in Kyo's mind. A flash of a flash of a memory and then it was gone. Tohru mouthed an apology to Yuki as Shigure rushed them out the door, and then the most heart crushing thing was when Yuki watched Kyo reach over and take Tohru's hand as they walked down the stairs.

Why did I act like you mattered
It was silly of me to believe
That if I just opened my heart
Things would come naturally
Jokes on me (yeah)

Kyo was laughing when he came in from school. Shigure had run out to handle some errands. "What has you so happy?" Yuki asked, not noticing that Tohru hadn't followed him in. "I heard the greatest story from Haru, no, I'm not playing around, it's the funniest thing, well, ok, not that funny, Tohru's reaction was better. The story is actually kind of disturbing." Kyo said sitting down across from Yuki. "What do you mean?" The rat asked slightly baffled. "Haru comes up to me after school, and he puts an arm around my shoulder which isn't surprising because that's just how Haru is, and he leans in real close and tells me that I don't remember anything that's really happened over the past two years and that you and I were a couple." The cat relayed the story and Yuki's eyes widened. "What did Miss. Honda do?" He asked watching Kyo. "I assume she has chased him back to the main house swinging her book bag at him the entire time telling him it's not funny." Kyo said with a shrug. "And why don't you think it's funny?" Yuki asked with a sparked curiosity. "Why does it matter?" The cat asked suddenly defensive, suddenly afraid looking.

I did not ask for love letters
So why did you give them to me
How could I let your intentions
Get hold over me
So in love
So naive (oh baby)

Yuki went up to his room without dinner and sat on his bed opening a shoe box of stuff Akito had told him more than once to burn. Kyo was like night and day. He had to be remembering, that had to be it. But what all was he remembering? Yuki wanted to help him so bad, maybe he should. Maybe it was time to break away from Akito for good. He couldn't rule them forever. Yuki grabbed a notebook and a pen and began writing.

Oh I miss you so much
I long for your love
It's scares me
Cuz my heart gets so weak
That I can't even breathe
How can you take things so easily
Baby why aren't you missing me?

"What's this?" Kyo asked in shock as Yuki handed him the shoe box with the envelope on top of it. "It's stuff that you need to see." Yuki said. There was that look of fear again. "When do you want me to look at it?" The cat asked cautiously. "I want you to take it to your room right now and look at it." Yuki demanded. Kyo seemed to shrink back a little at the urgency in Yuki's voice. He nodded looking nervous. "Ok, I can do that." He sounded like he wanted to fight it because of his fear as he moved away.

And oh how I hate what you have done
Made me fall so deep in love
Got no cure
You're the only one I want
That I love oh baby

"Where's Kyo?" Yuki asked the next morning as he came down for school. "I don't know." Tohru said softly, "He was already gone when I woke up, I'm hoping he just went ahead. Yuki I think he's starting to remember." She said grabbing his arm. Yuki looked down at her hand, the night before had been his own time of discovery as well. He learned that Tohru wasn't as forced into it as she played off. At that moment he wished he was some villain from some little kid comic book. He wished he had acid spit. He would hack up a glob of spit that no one would ever imagine possible of him just to burn her hand off his arm. Instead he nodded a little pulling his arm away, "I know." He said grabbing his stuff to head out for school.

Oh I miss you so much
I long for your love
It's scares me
Cuz my heart gets so weak
That I can't even breathe
How can you take things so easily
Baby why aren't you missing me?

"You vile creature!" Yuki's head jerked up, what time was it? Three thirty in the morning? Was that Akito's voice? "You could have been fine if you had just left well enough alone and stayed away from Yuki! You were told that you two were to be at odds!" Yuki moved to get out of bed tripping on his sheets falling on his face in an ungraceful manner that no one would ever see. He pulled himself up moving to the window. Akito was out there with Kyo, Shigure, Ha'ri, and Aya. The older three looking disgusted with themselves and somber. "You can't play with peoples minds!" Kyo screamed at Akito. Kyo! Yuki's Kyo! Not that mindless zombie that had been walking around. Akito raised his hand in a waving motion and Aya and Ha'ri were pushing Kyo to the ground pinning him down. It must have rained sometime earlier in the night because mud sloshed up around Kyo. Yuki could see that not only because of his rat eyes but because of the dim light cast from the house. Shigure looked down in a deeper shame. What were they going to do to Kyo. "If you want to mouth off like a beast then you'll be a beast!" Akito yelled at Kyo grabbing his arm pulling it up, twisting it painfully so Kyo wouldn't try to fight what he was going to do next. Yuki wasn't going to wait around to see, he ran for his door to run down the stairs and protect Kyo.

Baby why aren't you missing me?

Kyo cried out trying to pull his arm free, Akito would break it at this rate. "Fuck all of you." He growled at the two pinning him down, at Akito, at Shigure. He could see Aya's face. Was that snake actually crying?! If Kyo could have decked him at that moment he would. "No one wants this." He heard Ha'ri say. Oh yea right, sure they didn't. Suddenly everything stopped though, and when it started again it was a slow motion movie. Kyo's eyes widened as the cold glass beads slipped up over his wrist and off. He heard them clank as Akito slipped them into his pocket. "You'll never get these back." He said sharply. They let go of him knowing he couldn't do anything as the transformation over took him. Pain in his whole body as his spine dislocated and extended, as his skull was crunched together to reform as a cat's head, his vision sharpened and so did his hearing. And as he started to get up he lunged knocking all of them to the ground. He put his claws to Akito's throat. So close. Just kill him. His mind chanted at him. But a face in his mind stopped him. Yuki. Yuki wouldn't want him to kill. He didn't remember everything, but he remembered enough. So with that he clawed Akito's chest. Nothing fatal. But it would serve as a permanent reminder of what a beast could do to it's 'owners' hand. Then he turned and sprinted for the woods.

Baby why aren't you missing me?

Yuki ran outside helping Shigure up as much as he knew he didn't deserve it. Akito was sitting up laughing even though it showed him obvious pain. "What a nice show." He turned his head to Yuki, "To bad it will end so soon. I wonder who will get the curse of the cat next." He said in a sing song tone. Yuki's eyes widened as Akito pulled out his cell phone dialing a few numbers. "He took the bracelet off voluntarily and attacked me. I want him shot on sight, multiple times, until he's dead, I won't take this from anyone. You all know what he looks like." He hung up the phone and looked at Yuki. "You might want to pray for him, your antics killed him this time."