Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ The Gilded Summer Begins ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Forty-four
 
If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment; you indicate that I have made an impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance.
 
Cher Brooklynn
 
The Gilded Summer Begins
 
“I still can't believe we're going to the US of A!” Kakeru cried out happily, stretching out his aching muscles after being told that they could all unbuckle their seat belts as they all could safely roam about on the plane that had recently took off. Next to him was a drowsy Machi and anxious Komaki; along with the two were Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, Hatsuharu, Momiji, Hiro, Kisa, Kagura, Ritsu, Saki, Arisa, Yasashiku, Myuu, Kaemon, Benjiro, and Kaede.
 
When they arrived at the airport it was around five in the morning as they had an early take-off for the United States. As for the sudden arrival of Komaki Nakao, it turns out that on behalf of inviting Kakeru and Machi, Yuki agreed that Kakeru's girlfriend could join them even though he had never met her before himself.
 
Next to that, there were several introductions that followed, as not all of them knew one another.
 
If not for the plane to catch, the introductions could have been an event with how Hiro began to anger Benjiro with his sarcastic replies, and it didn't help when he gave Benjiro the nickname `Ben-baka' and Yasashiku and Kaemon agreed fully. Fortunately they avoided any outbursts and fights that could have drawn attention to themselves as they finally boarded the plane.
 
Yet not one of them made it easy on the other as it came to getting in their seats, thankfully the flight wasn't full and besides an old `geezer' (by how Yasashiku put it) that was now sleeping loudly in the back corner they had the whole first class section to themselves. To put it in simpler terms the ride that began was in one piece, but sadly, the end would be in many. You wonder how this could happen? Here's a low-down of what happened soon after Kakeru's announcement-
 
First: Kakeru cried out for everyone to wake up and join him in a world of his fascination.
 
Second: Kyo, Yasashiku, Benjiro, Hiro, Arisa and Hatsuharu became instantly annoyed.
 
Third: Therefore threw him an evil glare.
 
Fourth: When that didn't seem to faze him, ideas ran through their minds.
 
Fifth: On the third and final attempt of killing Kakeru with looks, the six became enraged.
 
Sixth: The six lashed out at Kakeru making Yuki, Kaemon, and Saki retrieve all those in harm's way well, out of the way.
 
Seventh: As the apparently unfazed Kakeru dodged the attacks thrown at him and talk on.
 
Eighth: Momiji offered a sucker to everyone who wasn't fighting and making a fuss.
 
Ninth: Along with the fuss the old man woke up and struck out verbally at the fighting teens.
 
Tenth: In addition to the old man, Ritsu somehow got hold of the idea that this was his fault and began rampaging around the first class section like the crazed Monkey he was.
 
Eleventh: While Tohru, Kisa and Myuu tried to calm them all down, Kaede, Machi, and Komaki accepted the suckers Momiji offered.
 
Twelfth: Yuki, Kagura, and Saki finally enter the fight.
 
Final: And with one blow -
 
Saki shocked them all, sending them all back to sleep, including Ritsu (whom was put down by Kaemon - how does he know about Ritsu's weak spot? I don't know ask him!). The old man sat down with a `thump' and snored ten times more loudly.
 
“Erm…what just happened?” Tohru asked through managed words as Hatsuharu's sleeping form found itself comfy on Yuki's shoulder, but it found itself on the floor in between row 6 and 7 a split second later.
 
“A terrifyingly egotistically-challenged boy stands among us.” Saki spoke, a dark haze forming around her.
 
More like lies among us… Yuki thought, sighing heavily. “I'm sorry, I didn't wish for it to turn out this way Miss Honda.”
 
“No it's all-”
 
“But they're asleep now, no worries. But anyway,” Kaede turned to Kisa who sat on her left. “I was told we had much in common and I have a question, is it true that you're a Ti-” Yuki clamped his hand over her mouth quickly.
 
“Let's talk about something else all right Kaede-chan?” Yuki asked, removing his hand once he saw it was safe. Catching herself and feeling Komaki and Machi eyeing her strangely she smiled with a nod.
 
“Sure! So has anyone been to Florida before?” Kaede asked, looking over at her fellow travelers.
 
“I haven't been anywhere other than Japan,” Tohru said with a shake of her head, Komaki and Machi joined in.
 
“Sorry, same here. Though does anyone know who we are to meet there?” Yuki asked.
 
“I dunno, but Ha'ri-san said that they would recognize us when they see us!” Momiji exclaimed, Yuki blinked.
 
“They?” Momiji shrugged.
 
“I'm not sure, he didn't tell me if it was a man or a woman, so I just said they, it would feel awkward to call a person an `it'.” Momiji admitted.
 
“All well, we'll find out more when we get there. So what's with this relative of yours? Ritsu right?” Kaede asked, looking back at the seat that Ritsu now occupied, Kaemon reading another book of Sherlock Holmes on the seat at his left.
 
“Oh, don't worry about him. Apologizing is his nature, he's not sure how else to state his emotions.” Kagura explained as she lounged over the back of her seat in front of Kisa.
 
“Are you sure he's all right? You didn't hurt him did you Kaemon-kun?” Myuu asked, looking over at her red-head friend, with a sigh he shook his head and turned a page of his book.
 
“He just fainted,” he answered.
 
“Haven't seen anyone do that before,” Kaede stated.
 
“Well, when you touch him like that I have to agree. Ask Shigure about it later, he's the one who discovered it…” Tohru went silent for a moment, she wasn't the only one. Yuki, Kagura, Kisa, Kaede and Momiji's expressions seemed to darken.
 
“Hey! Is there something the matter?” Komaki asked, sounding more concerned about this than her boyfriend whom was still passed out on three seats ahead of them.
 
“Oh no! Don't worry about it!” Tohru said quickly, springing up.
 
“Oh, okay. How about a game of Rich Man Poor Man?” Myuu announced.
 
“I'm in!” Momiji and Kaede cried.
“Finally, we're in!” Momiji cried about thirteen hours later as they departed from the plane. Kyo, Haru, Yasashiku, Kakeru, Arisa, Hiro, and Benjiro were still groggily as they slept the whole time while the rest were pretty exhausted, with the exception of Saki.
 
“Wow! Look you guys!” Tohru cried as they made their way out of the chute and she peered out of the large walls of glass to see the large platform with people scurrying about in orange vests and carts driving about.
 
“So this is the USA huh?” Hatsuharu asked, looking around blankly. Momiji squealed.
 
“Omigod looky at all those bunnies in the window!” Momiji cried as he ran to browse, Kagura and Uotani hot on his heels.
 
“Hey kid hold it! Whoa! He's fast for someone his age! And as short as he is too,” Uotani managed to say before instantly losing sight of him. Kagura stopped as well, standing beside the blonde yankee.
 
“Oh dear, did we lose him?” Kagura asked.
 
“I'M SORRRRRY! OH DEAR LORD I AM SORRY GIVE ME NO MERCY AND PUNISH ME NOW!” The two girls sweat-dropped from the loud cries being announced from behind them not too far. Ritsu was practically lying down with a disgruntled balding man beside him. Yet he soon gathered himself up and the man walked away, speedier than before he ran into the crying Monkey. The rest of the group sighed, Tohru noticed Uotani and Kagura come back with no Momiji.
 
“Um…where's Momiji-kun?” Tohru asked, Uotani only shrugged.
 
“We lost him in the crowd,” Kagura replied.
 
“Oh! We have to find him! This is a new place to us all and with Momiji out there with no one he knows! Oh! It's too dreadful to think about!” Tohru cried, worry and concern growing in her eyes.
 
“OHHHHHHHHH! THIS IS DREADFUL AND THERE'S ONLY ME TO BLAME!” Ritsu cried.
 
“What a scene she can make…” Hanajima spoke dully.
 
“Actually, she is a he.” Kyo and Yuki spoke in unison.
 
“But either way it attracts both genders,” Hatsuharu said plainly.
 
“Shut up before you say something stupid!” The Rat and Cat growled.
 
“Man! Calm down everyone! It's hard enough trying to stick together, and we have to find that `little bouncy guy'.” Kakeru exclaimed.
 
“I hardly see the difference between you and that `bouncy boy', except for the size difference Manabe-kun.” Machi said, as dully as Hanajima.
 
“Well, that's true…” -.-;
 
The large group burst into riot, only did Hanajima and Machi alone remain unmoved.
 
“Hey hey! Everyone! I'm back! And look who I found!” the familiar voice of the Sohma Rabbit cried.
 
“Damnit don't do tha-” Kyo stopped as his eyes along with everyone else's as their eyes landed on the person Momiji pulled towards them. Uotani's eye brows raised in confusion as she went from one baffled and surprised face to the other, Kakeru looked `irked' and Machi and Hanajima again, remained unmoved.
 
“Konnichiwa everyone, I'm glad to see you again. Well, those I have already met anyway.” The girl said a small giggle sounding through the girl's lips.
 
“Yuri-chan?” Tohru gasped. The Elephant nodded with a smile.
 
“I'll be your guide through this fabulous city, you'll all love it here, it's quite a place to be sent to.” Yuri spoke. It was than that all questions and worries were lifted as the teens faces broke out in small smiles. Yuri continued her smiling and led them out of the airport and onto a tour bus they alone occupied. Yet that wasn't the only surprise.
 
Kyo had stopped, and being the first one to climb on, Yuki bumped into his back, and the fiasco repeated till Uotani (the last person) began cursing as she ran face-first into Kakeru's back.
 
“Don't get too hasty Uo-chan, there's plenty of me to go around!” Kakeru cried, instantly firing Uotani up.
 
“WHY YOU-”
 
Idiot… Machi thought, Kakeru clung to her left sleeve.
 
“Oh dear imouto…onegai fujo touhou…” Kakeru begged, Machi turned her head slowly to him, her eyes went from an angry Uotani (who was at this moment cracking her knuckles, preparing to hit Kakeru again) down to the seemly hopeless Kakeru.
 
“No…”
 
“Well! If it isn't you guys, Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, Haru, and Momiji right? Pleasure to see you again.” It was Shoda Sanotomono!
“Only three, I could have sworn they said they had four,” Kyo said as they came up to the fence that separated them from the elephants.
 
“That's because we released one before winter came, our guide papers and maps haven't been updated since though.” A man said, most of them (Yuri was more interested in the elephants) turned towards one of the zoo keepers, but he was actually clean and not smelly like most of them. Eriko knew he must not have had his shift yet.
 
The man was about six and half feet tall with black hair combed back with a few strands hanging loosely from the sides of his temples. He had brown eyes and wore long-sleeved brown uniforms with a black belt, black boots, and a green elephant patch on his left upper torso.
 
“Sorry, my name is Shoda Santomono. I'm the caretaker of these elephants.” The man said with a bright smile. Almost instantly, all the Sohmas and Tohru were looking at Eriko.
 
“He's my uncle,” she said quickly. None of them realized that one of the elephants had walked up to the edge of their fence and held out their trunk to Yuri, who gently caressed it. People around them were staring in awe at what she was doing, basically since there was a sign near the fence that said `Do not touch animals'. But Shoda didn't seem to notice her doing it; Eriko did though but did nothing.
 
The thought of Eriko immediately gave them her hospitalized image; their faces instantly became shadowed. Shoda and Yuri instantly took notice.
 
“C'mon guys, no drooping faces, it's time to have some fun and push any of those wretched worries aside! You're in the Sunny state of the United States for cryin' out loud! Just be thankful none of us have to translate for ya!” Shoda said with a laugh. They nodded, they were taught English in school since sixth grade as Japanese schools were guaranteed an English class; therefore they knew it well.
 
“All right guys, take a seat!” Yuri cried as she took a microphone and switched it on as they took a seat, they put their luggage on the racks above before. Then all were either looking out, at Yuri, or in Hatsuharu, Machi, or Hanajima's case, apparently at nothing. “I will be your tour guide for today!”
 
“Whose up for cards!” Kakeru suddenly announced, Yuri fell. Shoda sweat-dropped as he started the bus.
 
“What do ya mean whose up for cards? Are you bored already `cause we haven't even started yet.” Uotani hissed.
 
“Oh! I'm not bored, don't take it erm…sorry, dunno your name.” Kakeru said, looking at Yuri.
 
“Oh right! I am Yuri Sanotomono! And this is my uncle Shoda Sanotomono!” Yuri answered.
 
“So you're related to Eriko than? Eriko Sanotomono?” Hanajima asked.
 
“Oh, actually yes. We're…cousins really.” Yuri said. “But anyway! Let's begin! At least…” she looked around and then blushed. “At least until we come around something worth looking at!”
 
“All right than, any game suggestions?” Kakeru asked as he flexed the several cards in his left hands.
 
“I don't know, what were you thinking?” Uotani asked, looking at Kakeru. Yuki and Hanajima, whom were sitting on either side of Kakeru tensed.
 
“Well, I was actually thinking about playing strip-e-eh?” he froze, than shivered. Yuki sighed with a hand at his temples. Hanajima blinked, Uotani and Kyo sweat-dropped.
 
“You know what? I don't think I want to know.” Uotani stated
 
The day seemed to last forever for the teens, but their ride came to an end at the large hotel known as Bahama Legacies Hotel. It was a large and grand place with tan smooth concrete for walls and maroon decorating. The entrance was practically golden and the bright words of the name of the hotel flashed on and off with a metallic white light.
 
Yuri waved Shoda off as he went to deliver the bus back to the rental station and return back later. Then with a smile Yuri turned around and motioned for them to follow her through the automatic doors and into the hotel's entrance. As soon as the group hit the lobby, their bags and jaws dropped at the same time and the bags hit with a single solid sound.
 
It was a mall!
 
Yuri checked them in at the counter and strolled back, finding the Japanese teens still in shock. She giggled.
 
“It was my first reaction too, now follow me. As soon as we get sorted out we can head to the pool! There aren't too many tourists here yet, so this place is only halfway full. Come on guys, guys? Over here!” Yuri snapped them back to reality and they scampered over to her, making their way through the wide hallways to the golden framed elevators. Amazingly, it only took one trip to deliver them to the fourth floor.
 
“There are only two full beds in each room, so I had some organizing to do obviously. This is the arrangements-“ Yuri announced as she pulled out the room keys.
 
Room 445 - Machi, Komaki, Kagura, and Myuu
 
Room 446 - Tohru, Kisa, Saki, Uotani and Kaede
 
Room 447 - Yuki, Hatsuharu, Kakeru, Momiji and Ritsu
 
Room 448 - Kyo, Hiro, Yasashiku, Kaemon and Benjiro
 
They could only thank Kami when the Yuri explained that the sofa turned into a bed as well. Uotani instantly went for the sofa bed, making sure that the others got the full two beds. Yet for Kyo, Hiro, Yasashiku and Benjiro (excluding Kaemon whom would sleep on the floor and not care) they instantly started glaring at each other. Each trying to push the other into sleeping on the sofa bed.
 
“Here are your keys,” Yuri said as she handed Komaki, Saki, Yuki, and Kaemon the keys to the rooms they were put into.
 
“But what about you Yuri-chan?” Tohru asked, looking at the Elephant.
 
“Oh don't worry about me, I've been living here for only a week or so. Now go on and get adjusted, I'll meet you at the elevators in twenty minutes. Remember we're going to the pool so bring all your needs including the bathing suits.” Yuri stated happily as she walked away. Leaving the group of foreigners.
“These rooms are stylin'.” Kakeru announced as he and the others joined him in the room.
 
“Yeah I know! I call bed on the far left!” Momiji cried out with his bubbly exterior returning instantly. Hatsuharu edged towards Yuki.
 
“I'll share a bed with Yuk-”
 
“Sleep on the pull-out.” Yuki ordered, his violet orbs watching every move the Ox made.
 
“Right…” Haru said with a sigh.
 
“Um…if it would be too much trouble I will sleep on the bed that comes out of the couch!” Ritsu exclaimed.
 
“No, Haru is sleeping there. And it's called a pull-out Ritsu,” Yuki stated, sending Ritsu in his whirl of madness.
 
“OH FORGIVE ME FOR EVER SUGGESTING IT! I PROMISE TO SEW MY MOTUH SHUT AND FORBID MYSELF FROM EVER ASKING FOR A FAVOR AGAIN! HYAAAAA!” Ritsu cried. Kakeru turned blank eyes at Yuki.
 
“I'll take my chances with Momiji, you're sleeping with him.” Kakeru said, Yuki sweat-dropped. Momiji merely bounced on the bed. “But anyway, now that the beds were decided. I would just like to know what was your deal on the bus? You all looked like you've seen a ghost.” Yuki's and Haru's eyes glinted strangely, but both made contact with Kakeru's as Momiji settled down and began tampering with the phone on the nightstand. Ritsu continued his circular rampage around the room, oblivious to the others - at the moment.
 
“I'm just curious, no need to answer `kay?” Kakeru said, noticing his friend's and Haru's strange and quiet behavior. “I suppose it's personal so let's just drop it and get dressed, we're suppose to meet Yuri-san soon.”
 
They nodded solemnly, only when Kakeru began to turn around (and notice Momiji talking on the phone) and began scolding Momiji off the phone than trying to calm Ritsu down did Haru pull out his bed and lay his luggage upon it.
 
“If you continue standing like that Yuki you'll grow roots,” Haru said as he pulled out his swimming trunks. Yuki, saying nothing only nodded and made his way to his and Ritsu's bed and unzipping his suitcase. It was only by the time Ritsu had gained his normal blood pressure that he finally got dressed (commanded to do so by Yuki and Kakeru).
 
Yet even though Ritsu had calmed, they could now hear the racket that Kyo, Yasashiku, Benjiro, and Hiro were making in the other room. Obviously over who sleeps in the pullout bed, only when they went silent Yuki knew Kaemon volunteered for it. But it only started up again with whom is sleeping in what bed with whom.
 
“If they make anymore noise China will hear them,” Haru stated dully, tying the string of his swimming trunks.
“What's taking them so long?” Kyo asked impatiently, the boys were already outside in the main elevator area, towels draped over their shoulders and wearing various differently colored swimming trunks. Hiro snorted, the bed fight turned up to pair him with Benjiro while Yasashiku and Kyo took the other. How it came to that, no one in that room really wanted to know.
 
“Sorry we took so long, are we late?” It was Tohru no doubt, the girls entered the room, and with their towels up to their chests. All of them looked pretty tropical, except for Hana whom was in complete black and Machi and Uotani, whom wore plain colors.
 
“No, Yuri-san hasn't even come yet!” Momiji cried. And as if right on cue, the Elephant appeared as the doors to the golden elevator they took up not too long ago.
 
“I hope you're ready for some water works!” she cried out happily, they smiled and scampered into the large elevator. “I don't think I need to explain rules, it's mostly just common sense.” She said as the doors closed and the rising feeling of their stomachs took place.
 
“Then you better explain them, that stupid Cat has none.” Hiro stated, making Yuki and other Jyuunishi flinch.
 
“Cat?” Machi and Uotani repeated, “Who brought a cat?”
 
“He was referring to Kyo,” Yuki answered.
 
“Oh! Oh yeah, he does relate to cats doesn't he?” Uotani asked, thinking aloud. “They do seem attracted to him, especially in the classroom.”
 
“Shut it Yankee!” Kyo hissed, Uotani grinned.
 
The doors opened again and they filed out, the few people that were wandering the halls stared as the constant number of the teens spilled out and followed the gray-haired girl that arrived not too long ago. They shrugged as the last came out and the elevator closed.
 
“Here we are!” Yuri cried as she finally opened the last door to the rather large indoor pool, true to her word there was hardly a soul around, to be more exact, they were the only ones who to be occupying the pool area.
 
“Let's swim!”
“So…Shigure…” Sunmei murmured as she toyed with a piece of the Dog's hair. Shigure's nose at the base of her neck, his arms wrapped around her waist. She leaned against him, no longer resisting his touch. “Remember the first summer we had?” Shigure mumbled, the vibrations bounced upon her skin slightly.
 
“You're mumbling Gure-kun,” she said, releasing the giggles she needed so badly. The Dog rearranged his posture, now having his chin on her shoulder, his grip looser. He frowned in thought.
 
“You know…I hardly remember…” Shigure said with a `matter of fact' tone. Sunmei flicked his nose with her left index finger.
 
“Oh? Really? As I recall you said on the first day you would never forget it,” Sunmei stated. Shigure chuckled.
 
“I did didn't I? Well…I do recall something…” Shigure's frown deepened, then he suddenly looked happily - perverted. “Oh! Was that the first visit to our glorious Sohma Hot Springs? Such a kind woman Sohma-san is eh?”
 
“I do not think that is all you remember,” Sunmei replied dully, giving him a dark look.
 
“Oh…let me think…”
 
“Kami Shigure…”
 
“Wait! Was that when Ha'ri, Aya and myself accidentally stepped into the wrong spring division and you dropped your towel?” Shigure asked with a wide grin.
 
“You were waiting for me to get myself dressed in nothing other than a towel you inu pervert.” She corrected. “And Hatori was urging you into the other hot spring, don't think I didn't hear you outside. Besides, it was clear you were waiting because you groped me.”
 
“I caught you so you wouldn't hit the cold hard stone floor!”
 
“To molest me!”
 
“Oh so not true!”
 
“I swear that's the truth! You don't love me only because of my body do you?” Shigure grinned as his grip became tighter, his lips at her right ear.
 
“You asked that before, do you remember my answer?” he asked, she grunted.
 
“Let me think about it…”
 
“That's my quote Sunny-chan! You're a copy-cat!” Shigure whined, instantly started making small whimpering noises, she couldn't help but smile.
 
“I hardly relate,”
 
“So?”
 
“So what?”
 
“Do you remember?”
 
“You didn't give me a chance to think.” Sunmei stated.
 
“But what's there to think about?” Shigure asked, his nose borrowing into her black tendrils.
 
“Nothing?”
 
“Exactly,” he murmured as a slight whine sounded from his throat. She undid his unusually strong grip and crawled forward before turning around and sitting Indian-style, facing a pouting Shigure.
 
“What do you want Shigure?” she asked, folding her arms, his bottom lip stuck out. Clearly he was trying to `tempt' her again, like he had done so many times before.
 
“Oh Sunny-chan it's horrible! I want so much but I don't think you are willing to give thee!” Shigure whined as his eyes closed and he gave off fake tears and huddled his hands within his kimono sleeves, and then moving them up and down like a typical begging dog.
 
“You're as pathetic as you were before I left Gure-kun,” Sunmei said with a forced frown, but the tips of her lips twitched upward.
 
“Aw! That hurt! Right here!” Shigure cried, as he patted his chest upon the left side over his heart. Somehow, the scene reminded her of something they had always done before. Always teasing one another, playing together, studying with Hatori and Aya. Later she befriended Noami and Mihoshi who became fast friends with the Madubachi trio as well. Sunmei finally smiled.
 
“I guess we're going to have to get medication for that heart burn! How long have you had it Shigure?” she asked with a wink.
 
“Oh! Ever since you left me! The pining was ever so great! Woes me!” Shigure cried pitifully.
 
“Oh, then that would be a total of some two to three years of pain from the heart! This calls for vaccinations! One for each year!” Sunmei said with fake glum. Shigure paled.
 
“Oh well looky here! It's a miracle I have cured!” Shigure said with a silly grin, moving his arms about in a sad attempt that was supposedly suppose to look like exercise.
 
“Well than we'll do them just to make sure they don't come back again!”
 
“NANI!”
 
“I'm the vet remember, listen to what I have to say you naughty inu!” Sunmei said with a laugh. Shigure whimpered.
 
“Ruff,” he said with a grim frown, she giggled softly at the imitation as he crossed his arms. She couldn't resist as she leaned forward and ruffled up his hair, which had gotten a tad longer since their stay.
“You're adorable when you're like this Gure-kun!” Sunmei said with a laugh as she ruffled the hair of the fifteen-year-old Shigure. They were standing in the middle of the hallway, he made an attempt to smile but she only giggled as she lowered her head.
 
“Oh! So you prefer me to look miserable! How cruel Sunny-chan!” Shigure cried out in mock dispair.
 
“Oh, did that come out wrong?” she replied with a smile.
 
“Not at all, if I must be miserable for you to be around me, than so be it!”
 
“You're adorable like this Gure-kun!” Sunmei said with a small laugh, Shigure grinned.
 
“Oh really? Must I be agonized to attract you?” Shigure asked, his left hand grabbing her wrist and pulling her down to his eye level. Sunmei smiled with a nod. “How cruel Sunmei!”
 
“I know I am,”
 
“I knew you were,” he replied as he placed a small peck on her forehead.
 
“Hem hem! Akito-sama wishes to speak with Shigure-san at once,” they looked up to notice the door open with a strict looking female servant as elderly as an old maple tree standing before them.
 
Baka hag, Shigure thought as his brows furrowed, his grasp on Sunmei gone as he stood.
 
“But first you need to be properly bathed, I trust you know where the bath rooms are, and servants are there to assist you.” The female servant said, Shigure's eyes glinted mischievously.
 
“Oh! Are they your younger versions?” Shigure asked, Sunmei had to cover her mouth to avoid her laughter from being heard. The servant's eyes narrowed at him.
 
“They are all men Shigure-san,” the woman said, Shigure sighed as he gave Sunmei a small wave as he left.
 
Be careful Gure-kun… she thought, the servant then turned to her.
 
“You are to be bathed as well, and then Akito's orders will proceed.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“How am I suppose to know, I am simply filling out orders. Now come!” she growled as the Holiday Horse than edged towards the woman. Finally the room's door was slid shut.