Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Of Mice & Cats ❯ Of Mice & Cats ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Eh, Konnichiwa! Here's a little… ok not so little ficfic for your enjoyment… It was actually an English project. It's so funny, the best things I write, are for school… and they're the only ones I finish, sadly.

I do not own Fruit's Basket, and I do not own Of Mice and Men… And I don't suggest reading it… I disliked it, hence why I changed it oh so willingly for school. You have my pity if you are/have been forced to read this booklet thingy.

~~~~~~~

"Of Mice and Cats"
Anste

The wind played gently with the orange locks of the young man as he walked out to the beach of the lake. Some morning rays escaped the trees and greeted his features as the light fell upon his face. The boy's usual frown subsided if only a little as he stared out across the surface of the body of water. As he did so, the bright, seemingly alive clouds full of radiant colors of orange, yellow, red and lavender reflected back to him. The mirror image of the sky and earth seemed to become one, before the sun freed itself from the hold of the horizon to awaken the land before it and to continue time.

As soon as it had come, the moment had passed, and the boy seemed to wake as the sounds of the ranch above him came to his ears. He adjusted the bag on his shoulder, and walked back into the forest, up the hill to civilization.

The building that held the machines was dim in contrast to the morning light. The monstrous black creatures that inhabited the barn lay motionless, as if they were sleeping. The only life that inhabited this place of giants was a few families of rats. They scurried around, getting ready to go out and do their daily chores. The door to the building opened and a tall, stoop shouldered old man came in. Following him was a young man with silver-grey hair and thin, delicate features. He walked in a flowing manner that deemed an air of royalty. His denim pants and shirt were strait and orderly, even though the trip was long that took him here.

"So," the old man broke the silence, "You're the new mechanic?"

"Yes," the young man said in a calm quite tone that had the power to be heard in a room full of people. He smiled to the old man, "My name is Yuki Sohma, and I am pleased to meet you."

The old man's eyes widened at the formality, "Err… Candy's my name, and err… I'm pleased to meet you too."

The rats watched them from the shadows as the two of them left. They came out of their hiding places and went on with their business.

The light that came though the windows in the bunkhouse revealed the dust that floated throughout the building. The young man with the orange hair put his possessions in an apple box that was nailed over the bunk.

"Ey, Kyo! That's yer name, ain't it?"

The young man turned around to see a powerful, big stomached man. Kyo's eyes narrowed, "Yeah."

"Ya came jus' in time f'r breakfast, hurry up, or y'll get none. Oh by the way, my names Carlson. We'll be working on the same team."

Kyo nodded and followed after the man out of the bunkhouse.

Kyo entered the building to find most of the workers already seated. He took a place next to tall man with long black hair and a hatchet face.

"This place taken?" asked Kyo.

"If you're not takin' it, then no." The man ate a bite of hash, "New?"

"Well since everyone seems to know my name for some reason, I guess there's no use introducin' myself," Kyo answered gruffly, glaring toward Carlson.

"No need to be harsh, guess news goes around faster than I thought. Didn't catch yr name though, mine's Slim."

"Kyo Sohma."

"So Kyo, bucking barely?"

"Yeah."

"I'm the jerkline skinner."

While eating his breakfast, Kyo studied the people around him. Most of them were nothing special. Two of them caught his eye. The first was small and quick, dark of face, with restless eyes and sharp, strong features. He was scolding the other who was the complete opposite. He was a huge man, shapeless of face, pale eyes, with wide, sloping shoulders; and presently whining about ketchup. Kyo raised an eyebrow at the scene but continued his scouting. Then he saw someone that made his heart skip a beat and make his internal fire burn inside. Him.

He was the one he had hated ever since they were children. Why was he here? Out of all the places in the world he was here. Kyo started to squeeze the spoon out of anger.

"Easy there, what did the spoon ever do to you," Slim took the bent spoon out of the young man's hand.

"Err… Sorry." Kyo straightened it out again and continued eating, yet contemplating confrontation with his longtime rival once he got outside.

Yuki stood up from his table after finishing his breakfast, stood up and went out through the door. His violet eyes widened, and then narrowed at the sight before him. Kyo stood, leaning against the barn, looking from under his orange locks. The orange haired youth straightened up and started toward Yuki, and the black haired young man started casually toward him. Both of them stopped three feet from each other.

"What are ya doin' here?" growled Kyo, clenching his fists.

"I could ask you the same question," Yuki smirked smartly, "you stupid cat."

Kyo seethed, "WELL ASKED YOU FIRST YA' DUMB RAT!"

"Does that matter, I think not."

"WELL THINK AGAIN!"

Kyo was about to charge him when Slim caught his arm, "I don't think it would make a good impression on the boss, to start a fight on the first day, now would it?"

The tall man smiled and ushered him away to the wagon toward which workers were gathering. Both of the young men gave one final glower at each other before going separate ways.

"Family matters?" Slim stated placidly as he and Kyo walked over to the wagons and carts.

"Yeah," Kyo fidgeted uncomfortably.

Slim nodded knowingly and got on his wagon.

Many days passed, and the peace was kept. Yuki and Kyo avoided each other to the best of their abilities. The sun was starting its downward path to the horizon when the workers came back. They shuffled to the bunkhouse, and washed up for dinner. As Kyo walked up to his bunk, he saw something he did not find that funny. A rat nestled on his covers.

"GO ON, SHOO!" He yelled as he used his pillow to hit the rat off the bunk.

"That wasn't very nice," Yuki looked critically as Kyo turned around to face him.

"When it deals with y'r little friends, I wouldn't mind going out of my way to hurt 'um," Kyo smirked.

Yuki's eyes narrowed, yet he smirked back, "Of course, when it comes to fighting something weaker than you, you're an expert. Cowards are always that way."

"WHAT'D YA' SAY?" Kyo clenched his fists.

"You heard me, you stupid cat."

"I'LL SHOW YA' WHO'S A COWARD! YA' DAMN RAT!"

Kyo came at Yuki with a right punch, and the raven haired young man quickly ended it with a kick to the face that sent Kyo flying to the wall of the bunk house.

Yuki sneered at Kyo who was attempting to get up from the blow, "Pitiful." He left Kyo and the bunkhouse to their own devices.

"Damn," spat Kyo as he used the wall that he hit as his support to get up.

"That was quite a hit," a hand helped him up, and Kyo looked up to find the man that he saw at breakfast with the large, slow one.

"I'm fine," Kyo pushed the hand away.

"Who was that guy? Seemed like a stuck up jerk ta' me." the man motioned to the door that Yuki had used to exit.

"He's… He is," Kyo sat down on his bunk.

"Well…"

"George, were are ya' George?" The large man he had been with earlier came clumsily through the door, "Ya'll miss dinna'."

"I'm com'n Lennie." George turned to Kyo, "Ya' com'n?"

"Yeah, I'm com'n," Kyo grumbled and followed the two men.

The door shut, and the little light that shown through the windows created shadows of monsters. The small rat came out of them, climbed up onto Kyo's bunk, and curled up to sleep.

The bunkhouse slowly filled again as workhands finished dinner, decided to recede to their bunks, and then most went outside to play horseshoes. Soon Slim, George and Kyo came and sat down at the card table and started a game.

"So, where ya' come from," Slim dealt the cards.

"California."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Kyo shuffled through his hand, "Was born San Francisco, but it was never my home."

"Did you have a home?" George put down two cards and picked up two to compensate.

"No, never really stayed in one place. Never knew my dad, and then my mom…" Kyo gripped his cards, then after a bit put down one and took from the pile, "Committed suicide."

All of them were silent.

Lennie pulled on George's sleeve, "Hey George, wha's suicide?"

"I'll tell ya' later."

Slim spoke up, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, she detested the sight a' me. That's why she killed herself."

Silence invaded the room once again. Slim cleared his throat, "So… where'd ya work last?"

"Kooks."

After the game, Kyo went onto the roof of the bunkhouse. The stars were so bright. He smiled and raised his hand to hold up the moon. In San Francisco, you could barely see the stars, even on the roof. Kyo closed his eyes.

"Of course I love you, that's why I can't let you go with the other kids, 'cause I want you all to myself."

Kyo opened his eyes and lifted his arm to look at the bracelet on his hand. She always was checking it. Making sure that he didn't… Kyo slammed his fist into his other hand.

"Don't think about that."

Morning came to face the world once again, and Yuki was reluctant to do as well. He was many things, yet a morning person he was not. He got up with half of himself not there and started putting on his clothes. He made his tortured way outside to the sun that slowly seeped into him, gradually getting him his sense back.

His violet eyes fell upon the mess hall… Or whatever they called it… Did they even give it a name? Yuki groaned; it was too early to think. The raven haired youth took a deep breath and went to get some breakfast.

Inside the crowded interior of the building Lennie sat with George. The slow witted man looked up to see Yuki sitting down with breakfast. Something remarkably sparked in Lennie's memory, and he stood up.

"Where ya' go'n?" George took a bite of eggs from his plate, "Y'r not finished."

"George, I'm gonna go get me a drink George, jus' a drink."

George stuck a fork at him, "Don' you go wander'n off an' caus'n trouble."

"I won' George, I promise I won'!" The big man left the table and went to sit down with Yuki.

The youth looked up from his breakfast to study the visitor.

They stared at each other for a moment and then Yuki smiled politely, "May I help you?"

"Uhh… well I gots a question for ya'." Lennie put some concentration into trying to remember his intended question to the person in front of him.

"Yes," Yuki coached him gently.

"Ah! Yeah," the large man's eyes widened in joy, "Why did Kyo call you a rat?"

Yuki's violet orbs widen in surprise, "Why do you ask?"

"Well it's just that," Lennie played shyly at a knot in the wooden table, "Rats are like mouses, and I like mouses."

Yuki smiled gently, "You do, do you?"

"Yeah, they are so soft and fuzzy, and I like to stroke the little mouses in my hand, like this," Lennie gestured the motion to show Yuki. "An'… An' I like rabbits too, me an' George are gonna have rabbits an' I'm gonna take care'a them."

"Really?"

"Yeah…" Lennie dazed out for a moment, "I like rabbits, 'cause they're bigger than mouses, an' I can pet them harder than mouses."

George walked up to the big man and put his hand on Lennie's shoulder, "Come on Lennie, we gotta get go'n." He looked toward Yuki, "Sorry, hope he didn't say anythin' stupid or cause any trouble for ya'."

The silver-grey haired man smiled at Lennie, "No, he was no trouble at all, I enjoyed talking to him."

The men filed out of the building and someone turned off a lamp that was no longer needed. Small eyes came out of the cracks as rats scurried to get any left over spoils from the breakfast that was just held.

The room of the machines was full of noise, burning oil and steam. Yuki wiped his brow of sweat as he checked the machine's temperature. The silver haired youth nodded to himself in approval. After double checking the temperament of the machines, Yuki went outside for some fresh air. Meeting the bright sunlight was an unpleasant experience from the dark of the building.

"Have you seen Curley?"

Yuki turned around to see a girl with full, rouged lips and wide-spaced eyes, heavily made up. Her finger nails were red and shown in the bright sunlight. Her brunette hair hung in little rolled clusters. She wore a cotton house dress and red shoes on her feet that shone like her nails.

Yuki put on his usual smile, "I'm sorry miss, but I have yet to see him today."

"Well," the girl gasped, "Aren't you the polite one? You the new mechanic, I hear about?"

"I am the mechanic."

The corners of red lips on the girl rose up into a smile, "What's your name?"

"Yuki Sohma, miss, and you are?"

"My name is Kana, and I'm," her smile kept on her face, yet her eyes said differently, "Curley's wife."

"So I have heard…-"

Candy came through the building and to Curley's wife, "Curley's a' look'n for ya' out near the bunkhouse."

Her eyebrow rose in irritation, looked back at Yuki and smiled her most charming, "I'll talk to ya' later."

After she left, Candy turned to the raven haired young man, "I'd watch it if I were you, she's a tart."

"A tart?"

"Yeah, she been go'n around given everyone the eye, and now you!" The old man put his hand on Yuki's shoulder. "You should stay away from her, she's no good."

Yuki smiled and his sad violet eyes connected with the Candy's, "You don't have to worry; I have no intent on having any relationship with Curley's wife or any girl, for that matter." He took a few steps and whispered, "I can't."

The youth left into the building of the metallic monsters, and abandoned a puzzled Candy.

Darkness consumed the bunkhouse and it was lit by only two lamps. One lamp was on the card table and another next to Yuki's bunk where he lay, reading a book. Kyo, Slim, Carlson and George played cards as Lennie sat on the bunk below Yuki watching the game with interest. Lennie had become very attached to Yuki, and tried to be close to him as much as he could. George frowned on this, and kept an eye on Yuki.

"Pairs," Kyo grinned, laying out his hand.

Yuki dropped down his own, "Three of a kind."

"Straight," George flashed his cards triumphantly.

Slim twiddled his cards for a bit, than lay down a Royal Flush.

"WHAT?" Kyo shouted.

"Shouldn't've agreed to play with two packs," grumbled Carlson.

"Why is it that I always come in last," fumed Kyo.

Slim was about to answer when Yuki beat him to it, "Because you are too dense to comprehend a poker face, you stupid cat."

"SAY THAT AGAIN?"

"You do 'ave a problem hiding y'r emotions," Slim took a swig of whisky, "but I think it's a better quality to tell your mind, than hide it and let it eat you from the inside."

Both parties were silent, but then George spoke up, "Wha' the hell? Kyo, wha's with the cats?"

Kyo was covered with cats ranging from kitten, to old grandma cats. They purred and meowed, and one small one even decided to curl up in his hair.

Carlson started to bellow with laughter at the sight, "You act so tough, but inside you're a lover of cutsy, wootsie, furry little kitties!"

"SHUT UP," Kyo jumped out of his chair and stormed out of the room.

"Stupid cat," mumbled Yuki as he closed his book, and slipped unnoticed after his rambunctious cousin.

"Damn it," the orange haired youth cursed as he stormed out of the bunkhouse.

He turned around a corner to get to the ladder he used as a way to climb up to the roof, when right around it was Kana, Curley's wife. He was unable to stop himself, and he ran into her. There was a puff of orange smoke and a small boom.

Kana opened her eyes and registered what just happened. She was on the ground and she sat up to apologize, "Oh, I'm sorry, I shoulda-…" she stopped herself short.

On her lap were Kyo's clothes and an orange cat.

Yuki came around the corner and looked at Curley's wife in surprise, "Miss Kana, what are you doing-…"

"Oh, my God, we have to call the doctor, veterinarian, someone! Oh my God, I don't know what I did, but I promise I'll get you back to normal-…" Kana got up to show him the cat, only to slip and fall on Yuki.

A puff of black smoke and the youth was a fluffy, little, grey mouse-like rat.

"How did I do this, wha's going on, I've got to change you back, wha' should I do-...?" The poor girl was in utter distress.

"Stupid cat, look at what you did," sneered the little rat.

"WELL LOOK AT WHO GOT CHANGED TOO," the fur raised off of the back of the hissing cat.

"They talk?" Kana's eyes widened in confusion, surprise, and a little bit of fear.

The rat sighed and took a deep breath, "Kana, I change into a rat, and Kyo here, turns into a cat. Our family is cursed that if we are to embace someone of the opposite sex, we turn into one of the twelve animals of the Zodiac."

Kyo, who had receded to face the wall of the bunkhouse, growled.

Yuki glared back, "Plus the stupid cat."

"Oh," Kana was very frazzled, but started to comprehend the situation, "I see, so y'r cursed… Do you ever turn back?"

"Yes, but the time that we change back is erratic and-…" There were two poofs.

Kana blushed and turned to face the wall.

"We're naked."

After putting their clothes back on, the two boys sat down to more thoroughly explain things. Yuki did a very good job in repeating things she didn't understand.

Yuki became very serious, "There is one thing you must promise us."

"Yeah," Kana looked meekly up at the raven haired youth.

"You must promise us never to tell another living soul about this," Yuki pleaded, "Please promise us."

"Sure, but…" The brunette thought for a moment, and then shook her head. A giggle escaped her, "This is jus' like one o' them fairy tales my old lady used to tell me, only in modern times."

Yuki's violet eyes glanced at her with curiosity, "How so?"

"Well," she cleared her throat, "There's a curse upon two princes that they cannot let anyone know about, an' they are constantly looking for a cure for the evil put upon their heads." She intoned her voice in the way a mother tells a child a goodnight story.

"That's stupid," Kyo turned back to the wall, "I'm no prince."

"I think that's a very interesting look to it, but I haven't really looked for a cure. I dreamed of it as a child, but the dream has dimmed to nothing," A sad look came into Yuki's eyes, even though he smiled.

"We better get back," Kyo said gruffly.

Yuki nodded then looked back at Kana, "Take care."

The two boys left and the brunette girl stood there for a moment and looked up to the starry sky. She smiled as a breeze swept up her hair. She walked back to the house.

The next morning Kyo woke up early and decided to go up onto the roof, with more grace this time. He sat upon the wooden top and gazed to the east. The clouds already glowed with the bright colors caused by the still hidden sun. One of the kittens from last time's incident (the one that was on his head) crawled up onto his lap purring. Kyo made a faint smile and placed his hand on the small calico. It licked his hand.

"Can I pet it?"

"AHH!!!" Kyo was so startled that he jumped and almost fell off the roof.

The orange haired boy collected himself and glared back at the brunette, "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, KILL ME?"

She walked over and petted the small, dizzy, little kitten that was still in Kyo's grasp, "I love kitties." She beamed at the kitten that started purring again.

"Here you take it," he put it into her arms.

They sat in silence, with the exceptionally loud purring from the kitten, and then Kana looked at Kyo.

"Kyo, that's y'r name, ain't it?"

"Yeah," the young man grumbled.

"Why do you hate Yuki?"

"I… I hate him, 'cause he's him," Kyo turned toward the sunrise, then continued, "He was accepted by our family, when I wasn't. Then he goes and runs off… He throws away the one thing that I wish for… Not only that, he's smarter and better fighter than me," Kyo squeezed his fists.

"I wouldn't say that," Kana looked back down at the kitten in her hands, "People all 'ave their strengths and weaknesses. The problem is, they can't see the good stuff in themselves. So Kyo," she looked up at him, "You have y'r strengths too."

"Like what," he turn enough just to look at her with the corner of his eye.

"Umm… I 'aven't known ya' long enough to find out…"

"Feh," he turned away.

Kana continued, "But I know they're there… They always are."

The sun rose and painted color back into the landscape once again.

"Well," the brunette stood up, "Better get goin', nice talkin' to ya'-…" She was cut off as she slipped.

Kyo jumped after her, and pulled himself under her as the two fell to the ground. Thud, poof.

"OH MY GOD! Are you alright," she took the orange cat into her hands and shook it, "SPEAK TO ME!"

"STO-OP SHA-KING ME!" Kyo stuttered.

Kana obeyed and set him down.

"Kana? Wha' you doin'?"

The girl and cat turned to see Curley standing behind them. Kana rose up, and dusted herself with Kyo in her arms.

She turned to her husband, "I was talkin' to Mr. Fuzzums."

Fuzzums?! Kyo thought in fury at the abrupt naming.

Curley raised an eyebrow, "You were talking to a cat?"

"Yes."

The man's eyes narrowed, yet Kana put enough innocence in the act to fool him, for now, "Well, come back in, it's not safe out by the bunkhouse… An' leave that thing here, it's not com'n in."

"But Curley-honey, I need a somethin' t' keep me company during chores!"

Kyo was starting to get very worried.

Curley pointed to her, "That cat ain't comin' into that house, and that's final!"

"Yes Curley," she sat Kyo down, and followed her husband.

She gave the orange cat one last glance until she disappeared through the house doors. Kyo walked back to his clothing to find the kitten nestled in them. He smiled.

Weeks have passed since the occurrence on the roof, and Kana had been very avid in the duties of the boys. So much so, that they started to try avoiding her. At dinner, Kyo sat in front of Yuki, and slammed down his plate.

"This is the last straw," he pointed in the direction of the house, behind the wall, "I swear she's stalkin' me!"

Yuki raised an eyebrow, "Only you? Excuse me, but you are not getting the only fire." He took a look at his potatoes and put his fork into it, "Yet you cannot blame her, she's all alone, and under the stern hold of her unpleasant husband… Who seems to remind me of someone…"

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?"

"You two would make great friends, the way you start fights."

"NO WE WOULDN'T!"

"Let's just drop it," Yuki's eye twitched.

Kyo stabbed at his food, and then spoke still staring at his food, "What are we going to do about her?"

Both of them sighed. One of Kana's most popular ways of hiding the two of them was to hug them anytime her husband came near.

"I think she just wants to turn us into animals," grumbled Kyo.

Yuki sighed, "Yes, I think so too."

The two of them ate in silence for they had no idea how to resolve their issue. They left the building together.

Suddenly, a hand came across and slammed against the wall in front of them, it was Curley's.

"You," His pointed finger went from Yuki to Kyo, "Have been messin' with my wife."

Both of them just stared at the man. The sad little man got it the other way around.

"What?" Kyo was over his shock, and started to get angry.

"You heard me," spat Curley, "You two 'ave been messin' with my wife!"

"Excuse me-…"

"NO YOU AIN'T! I WON'T LET YOU SWEET TALK Y'R WAY OUTTA THIS ONE!"

Yuki's eye started to twitch once again. Kyo and Curley started to yell at each other. Finally, as Yuki was forming a solid headache, he went over and slugged Kyo.

"Now that everyone's done screaming and yelling, we may talk. Hope you enjoyed letting out some steam," Yuki rubbed his fist.

Curley was dazed as he looked at the currently unconscious Kyo on the ground.

"First, I'd like to state, that your presumptions between your wife and us are reversed."

"Wha?"

Yuki sighed, "She's the one bothering us. We have no intent in having a relationship with her, and she does not with us, but she does have a tad bit of a problem with following us. My suggestion is that you find her a lady friend."

By this time, Kyo had regained himself, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!"

Yuki grabbed Kyo by the sleeve, nodded to Curley and escorted Kyo and himself into the bunkhouse.

By some miracle of fate, Curley did find Kana a friend, yet she was from Susie's place and paid. Fortunately, it kept her off of them for most of the time.

Yuki was walking from the machine building when he saw a black car in front of the house. He walked cautiously out ofe sight of it and to the bunkhouse. He rinsed himself off and came out to find someone that made heart skip.

"Yuki," A black haired man in a suit jogged over to him with a smile, "Long time no see, how have you been?"

"Shigure, why are you here," Yuki's silver hair fell upon his eyes as he lowered his head.

"Well, I had quite a bit of trouble finding you, that's for sure-..."

"Cut the shit Shigure," Kyo had come back, and he glared at the older man.

Shigure sighed and stared at them, dropping his usually cheerful demeanor, "Akito is looking for you."

All three of them stood there in silence. Wind blew their hair across their faces.

"You do know," Yuki whispered, "That we won't ever return."

Shigure raised an eyebrow, "'We' is it now?" He put on a smile and beamed, "Now what brought such a wonderful change? Ahh… It brightens me to tears to see the once feuding cities of Athens and Sparta joined hand-in-hand together at last..."

"STOP Y'R BABBLING, YA OLD MAN," shouted Kyo in rage.

"You have no idea what the hell you're talking about," added Yuki glowering.

"I'm not that old," pouted Shigure.

"Considerin' that ya spend y'r time writing smut books for pay, you dirty old man," growled Kyo.

"I resent that! I make my living writing fine literature, I am a novelist after all," the man smiled and pulled out one of the smut books, "I just write these for fun!"

"Unbelievable," scoffed Yuki with disgust.

"That's even worse," Kyo turned away.

"We will give you a day's head start, no more."

They all turned to see a dark brown haired man with haunting green eyes staring out to them.

"Come on Shigure," the man motioned to the now sobered Shigure.

"Just wait a moment Hitori," Shigure turned to the two boys, "Take care."

The two men walked to the car, and drove off.

"Better start packing," Yuki receded to the bunk house.

Kyo nodded and walked after them.

As they packed up the last of their things, Kana walked in, "So you guys are leaving?"

Both of them lifted their heads from packing, and stared at her.

Yuki smiled at her, "We… Our family has found us, and two of them that found us personally have generously given us a head start."

"I see," the girl's brunette curls fell upon her eyes, "So where you headin' now?"

"Ruthsville, probably," Kyo tightened his bag.

"That's far away…" Kana whispered.

"Yeah," Kyo spoke up again, "The farther the better."

He picked up his bag and walked to the door. Yuki took his as well.

"So this is goodbye?"

The two of the young men looked at her.

Yuki smiled, "I wouldn't say that…"

The two of them went to the main house to check themselves out. Kana looked out toward the setting sun. Brilliant colors of red, yellow, and violets filled the sky. The wind picked up her hair and danced it across her face. A faint smile graced her features.

"Not a goodbye, there's always a tomorrow."

She walked back to the house.

~~~~~~~

Author's notice: Hope you enjoyed me-ficfic! I entertained myself by writing it, so we are all happy and… and… I don't know. What was I going to say… Oh yeah! If you wish for me to continue, it is up to you to sway me to do such a thing. Otherwise I shall leave it in its present state. Review if you wish. >>bows and disappears in a puff of smoke<< Umm… >>muffled voice from tree<< DAMN IT! I'm stuck! HELP! I'm stuck, please? Somebody?