Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect ❯ Chapter 1/1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
first saw you when you were but a child. A little girl, and already you were being treated with more respect than any other. Yo sat there on your cushion, draped with silk and ribbons. For all purposes, you looked like a little doll. Young as I was, I almost believed that's what you were.

You looked so innocent. So . .young. Even then you had been sickly, checks stained red with fever. You never did need make up.

From then on, I watched you. I would make up reasons to come to the main house, just to see you. To talk to you. To admire you.

I watched the innocence be sucked out from you. They expected you to deal with so much. You grew cruel, a sadist. Even so, I could never see you for what you are. When I looked up at you, I saw that same girl sitting on a cushion like a doll.

In a perfect world, you would have grown up in a loving family. You would have been able to be a little girl, rather than have been rushed on to adulthood before you could even speak. In a perfect world, you would have never been sick. Never so cold and alone

In a perfect world, I would not be sitting her outside the room where Hatori checked on you. I would not be waiting for him to come and tell me the news I already know is true.

But then, in a perfect world. . .We wouldn’t exist.