Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Rift of White Roses ❯ Birthday Surprise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tohru was excited, as usual, but today was more so. She, Yuki, Kyou, and Shigure were on their way to the main house. It was Momiji's birthday! The bouncing bunny danced around outside the front gates. He was dressed in a green and orange overalls with yellow bunny ears.

"Guten Tag!" He cried, jumping up to hug Tohru. His greeting was cut short by Kyou's swift left hook, "Uwaaah! Kyou-kun's hitting me! On my birthday!"

"Now, Kyou." Yuki started, knealing down to calm Momiji down, "Can't you be civil? It is Momiji's birthday, you know."

"I know!" Kyou growled as they started into the main house. The den was decorated with handcrafted german decorations, and there was a table set up with bratwursts, saurkraut, other german foods, takoyaki, oden, other japanese foods, and a large white cake with a yellow bunny sculpture in the middle. The icing read 'Happy Birthday, Momiji' in japanese and german. The other cursed Sohma had already arrived, along with a few of Momiji's closer relatives one of which being his dad. Tohru's eyes widen in astonishment.

"What beautiful decorations and catering!" She squealed, amused by a troupe of little paper horses dancing along the borders of the walls.

"Ah! I couldn't have said it better myself!" Tohru jumped, almost dropping her present for Momiji. Ayame had snuck up behind her, "Of course, I am the most proud of my work!"

"Onii-san.." Yuki growled.

"Oh, Ayame! You did all this?"

"Of course, mon cherie!" Ayame laughed, "Not only am I master with a thread and needle, but I can turn any room into a gala!"

"Only to be expect from the one who re-did the den for our homecoming dance." Shigure said as he came back from the gift table, "Tohru, will I take you present over to the table?"

"Okay. Ayame, you..?"

"Of course! Akito wouldn't let us go to the one at our school, but I couldn't let my friends down!"

"Oh wow! That's so sweet!"

"Please, Tohru." Yuki pulled her away from his brother, "Don't make his head swell. It'll explode."

*~*~*~*

"Thank you, Tohru!" Momiji held up the bunny shaped pillow Tohru made. He giggled and fell backwards, still holding it. Tohru smiled, happy that the little bunny liked it. She stood up and excused herself.

"What a big estate." Tohru whispered, "I think I'm lost."

She walked around the main house, looking for any sign of a bathroom. She passed by a room and was almost overwhelmed by dark, painful feeling. The schoolgirl looked at the door, touching it carefully. "This room..." She whispered. Inside, she could hear quiet crying. Someone was inside! Hoping that whoever it was wasn't hurt, Tohru threw the door open.

"Huh?" A little boy with brown eyes and silver-white hair that went alittle past his shoulders was curled up in a corner opposite the door, "Uh... Momma!"

"Wha-?!"

*~*Fin*~*