Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Seven Days ❯ Day the Seventh ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Seven Days: Day the Seventh

Disclaimer: Fruits Basket and all its characters are properties of Takaya Natsuki-sensei and Hana to Yume comics. Everything else in this fanfic are figments of my imagination. Any similarities to name, places, yada yada yada are simply examples of the world's many coincidental mysteries. Earlier chapters of this fic are available in Fanfiction.net and Mediaminer.org

September 8, 2003

Seven Days : Day the Seventh

By Ina-chan

A dainty hand rose in the air and froze just before its knuckle made a nervous rap against the wooden door. The hand flattened against the door for support as its owner hunched over, taking quick deep breaths... desperately trying hard to seize her hyperventilating.

She walked down these hallway countless times before. She stood in front of this particular door to a particular room to the point that she had memorized every nook and cranny, every floorboard and drywall space, and every curve and angle of the door and handle. If she were to walk down this hall blindfolded with a load of clothes on arm, she believed that she could move through it with confident and ease as if she were walking gracefully in an open meadow under the bright sunny rays of the morning sun.

Probably...

Maybe...

.........

Unlikely. < p>

Reality often speaks a different frequency, as one would say. There was definitely no doubt that the chances of Honda Tooru somehow walking smack into a wall even if she was to walk through an open meadow still ranked quite high in the probability scale. The only difference this time, was for the first time in her life, she was actually starting to believe harsh reality over the rose colored view her optimistic nature usually puts in front of her.

For the first time, standing in that hallway, in front of a particular door to a particular room... she felt all of her confidence and courage being sapped away by an inexplicable shadow of nervous fear looming behind her. Then again, if you think about it, was a very difficult task she was being asked to do.

It wasn't everyday that a simple and innocent maiden like her was given the important task of saving the life of a prince. It was even more extraordinary that in order to save the prince's life, the innocent maiden needed to exploit the illicit art of seduction...

"I can't do this," Tooru whispered as she rested her clammy forehead against her hand

***

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Tooru-kun," came Ayame's words

"Of course, of course! If at any time you change your mind, don't hesitate to do so!" Shigure's voice added, "Just let us know right away and we'll simply go to plan B. It's really easy to arrange these sort of things. We can easily get a replacement over the phone."

"That's true, and they are professionals after all and we can get one quickly at the last minute," Ayame agreed before making a thoughtful sigh, "But it feels rather sad that my sweet little brother will settle his first-time experience the delights of a man's romance with a cold and unfeeling *working* woman."

***

A large bead of sweat popped on the girl's forehead. She straightened up and shifted her tray into a more comfortable position before taking a deep intake of breath. She then glared at the door with a determined expression, "Mother always said that a person should always take responsibility for his mistakes. This whole thing is entirely my fault. So if there's any person who needs to do this... it has to be me!"

That's absolutely right!

But...

...but would Yuki want to.

The young woman's thoughts trailed backwards as she remembered the mouse's reputation in school. Yuki was the high school prince that more than half the female population in Kaibara High School desired. Most likely, more than half of that percentage had taken a chance and proposed an intimate relationship with him. And every single one of them met the same answer...

"Thank you... but I'm sorry. I don't want to have that kind of a relationship right now."

Tooru sighed. All of those girls were definitely braver than her with expressing their feelings openly like that... Most likely as well, most of those girls probably had their looks to support their confidence in being paired with someone as pretty as Yuki. What chance does a plain, naïve, and clumsy girl like her have when those other more "qualified" girls didn't even stand a chance?

***

"Tooru-kun," Shigure's voice sighed, "Don't underestimate yourself so much. You may not believe this, but you are well ahead of the race compared to those other girls."

"Sou, sou," Ayame agreed, "It's actually my sweet little brother who needs to be pushed and prodded towards the right direction of male romance!"

"And don't worry Tooru-kun, A-ya and I are experts on the field," Shigure stated with great pride, "All you have to do is follow Shigure---"

"---and A-ya-sensei's..." Ayame continued before their voices sing-songed together, "POINTERS IN THE ART OF MALE ROMANCE!"

***

"Haaa~~~" Tooru sighed weakly, her shoulders slightly sagging at the memory. Well... if Shigure and Ayame had that much confidence in her, it would be wrong to let them down before she even tried. She quickly straightened herself once more. "I can do this! I have Shigure-san and Ayame-san to guide me! Nothing can go wrong!"

She quickly knocked, announced her presence then opened the door and slipped inside before she can change her mind. Almost immediately, the morning sunlight streaming through the raised Venetian screens, blinded her eyesight. She gasped as she tottered on her heels and almost clumsily dropped the tray she was carrying on the floor. She quickly straightened up to the pose that Ayame taught her, quietly hoping that Yuki didn't see her awkward entrance.

Apparently he didn't. She found him sitting in the middle of the bed, hugging his pillow, blankets strewn around him, eyes glazed as he stared outside his window. He seemed to be totally oblivious to everything else around him. For some strange reason, Tooru didn't know if she wanted to feel relieved or disappointed.

But regardless... everything would be in vain if she couldn't get his attention at all.

So the girl cleared her throat loudly and coughed. On cue, Yuki slowly turned his head to her direction and stared at her with blank, unrecognizing eyes.

Tooru took a deep breath and forced on a nervous smile, "I've come with your breakfast Yuki-ku--- I mean--- Yuki-sama..."

***

"Every man has a secret garden that needs to be tended to," Ayame narrated, "If you were to tap into his deepest fantasies, you'll be in total control of his every desire."

"Step one," Shigure began in an authoritative instructor's tone, "Appearance. Wear something that would tickle his imagination."

"But," The snake interrupted, "It's also most effective if it would go along with his needs."

Shigure nodded thoughtfully, "The past week has been rough on Yuki-kun. And all throughout, he's had his control over almost every aspect of his life stripped away. What he needs now is a fantasy that shows someone nurturing. Someone who will take care of him and let him take back control. Someone who will obey his will unconditionally..."

***

Yuki blinked uncomprehendingly.

Tooru's heart fell. He didn't seem to be even recognizing her. Of course he won't recognize her! Who would recognize her wearing that ridiculous maid's costume that Shigure made her wear. Though for some reason, it fit her with flattering coincidence. It was almost as if it was tailor-made specifically for her. But still, she felt very uncomfortable in it. The material hugged her body and emphasized curves in places that she didn't even realize that had and was dangerously scarce in places that normally don't see the light of day as she tottered timidly on a pair of scarlet stiletto heels.

And yes... the shoes! She was horrified at the notion of wearing such shoes. They just looked so dangerous. All the time she since was wobbling on them, half of it she afraid of tripping and falling, the other half was that it would fly off her foot as she fell and poke someone's eye out. On top of that... she had to wear them INDOORS! No one sink any lower than wearing shoes meant to be worn outside, INDOORS!

Her breath got caught in her throat as the sudden realization that Yuki was sitting there and seeing her dressed that way. She felt her face flushing in embarrassment and bowed down her head. Somehow, Yuki seeing her this way felt a hundred times more awkward than the appreciative looks she received from both Shigure and Ayame earlier (before Shigure burst into crocodile tears, wailing something about flowers blossoming in front of his eyes).

"Anou... Yuki-kun..." Tooru stated again, "Would you like to have your breakfast now?"

"Hon... da...san...?" Yuki finally spoke slowly... sounding as if his tongue was stuck to the roof of his mouth.

"Yes," The girl couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief. He recognized her after all.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Yuki spoke again in that slow, pressured manner, as if the very action needed great effort

"Because, I'm going to take care of you today," Tooru simply replied, praying that Yuki won't ask any more questions that would make her go through an embarrassing explanation, "Why? Don't you like it? Don't you want me to take care of you?"

The boy blinked at her question. A line furrowed on his forehead, marring his stoic expression as if thinking of an answer also required a great deal of effort. Finally he looked back at her with a thoughtful expression on his face, "I don't mind... but aren't you cold?"

Her lips quivered and the smile wavered... This wasn't the reaction that Shigure or Ayame said to expect. Yuki was supposed to be overcome with emotion with seeing a Tempting and Luscious Goddess of Seduction.

***

"Step Two," Ayame stated with a serious tone, "A man can never refuse seeing the vision of a Tempting and Luscious Goddess of Seduction. It's more than just the dress, and the look. It's all about attitude. The Goddess is not afraid to show off what she has to offer. Confidence, my dear Tooru-kun... The aura of confidence is a spell more powerful than any love potion. So keep that chin up high, back straight, puff up your chest and walk in long graceful strides, unashamedly sway your beautiful... assssssets."

***

Tooru let out a long cleansing breath before breathing and holding her breath with puffed cheeks, silently praying that she won't pop out from the flimsy material as she jutted her chest out awkwardly. She then started towards him with stiff teetering high-heeled strides, like a broken toy soldier. For some miracle she managed to cross the room without stumbling and quickly rested her tray on top of the bedside table.

"Is there anything else you'd like?" The girl inquired as she breathed out before breathing in deeply again, holding her breath with puffed cheeks to jut out her upper torso.

"Are you sure you're not catching a cold?" Yuki asked, an expression that probably would have normally looked like concern lining his limp features

<breath out> "What could be possibly wrong?" <deep breath in>

"You're breathing strangely," The mouse noted thoughtfully

***

"Step Three," Ayame continued, "Little actions and mannerisms to direct a man's attentions towards your charm points help greatly. Batting eyelashes to highlight eyes, flipping hair behind ears to show a slender neck, letting a strap fall to emphasize a shoulder, or reaching down to pull up a stocking to bring attention to a leg."

***

Tooru's lips quivered before letting her breath out from her puffed cheeks, "Breathing strangely? It's nothing, really..." She batted her eyes, motioned to pull a strand of hair behind her ear... only stop her hand in mid-air as she realized that her hair was neatly tied in a bun.

"Is there something wrong your eye? There's some eye drops..." Yuki offered helpfully

"No!" The girl replied with a little too much emotion, "I mean, I'm fine. I just need to fix my stocking."

She watched his reaction closely as she slowly slid her hands down, grasped the edge of her stocking through the folds of her dress, and pulled at her pantyhose.

Almost immediately, something that looked distinctively like knowing comprehension lit the mouse's bland features, "Ah... I don't blame you. A wedgie can make people do strange things."

***

"If all of that fails, proceed to Step Four," Shigure winked as a goofy smile slowly appeared on his face, "Which also happens to be my personal favourite. Men always go wild with a little subtle teasing. A coy look here, a little brush there, bending down to give a little show skin... not too much though... just enough to play with the imagination. And it's not very hard at all with the cute little outfit that you'll be wearing. When you're sure that you have his full and undivided attention, turn your back to him and bend down to pick up something on the floor... BUT... make sure not to bend down your knees too much."

"And wear white," Ayame nodded as he rubbed his chin, "When you grow older and get more experienced with these things, you'll hear a lot of opinions from other people about this particular subject matter. Whatever they say Tooru-kun, always remember that white is the best color for you. Someone as pure and innocent as yourself must always wear beautiful and pristine white."

***

"Ha..." Tooru sweat-dropped again as she remembered what the older men instructed her as she met Yuki's vacant gaze.

She didn't understand entirely what Ayame meant about wearing something white. She felt too embarrassed to ask them to clarify it. And she was still puzzled why bending down to pick something from the floor would be that important... but at that moment, she could feel her feet starting to feel numb from wearing her uncomfortable shoes. It was now or never...

"Anou... Yuki-ku-sama... would you mind if I take of my shoes," Tooru asked shyly

Yuki blinked again, "You're wearing shoes indoors?"

The girl let out a nervous laugh before turning her back and slowly bent down to loosen her straps. Her eyes widened as she felt cool air brush against her upper thighs as the hem of her short skirt started to rise from her actions. As she instinctively reached behind her to keep it from exposing her underwear, her shoes caused her to stagger from the sudden action and fall inelegantly on the floor with a loud yelp. One shoe flew up in the air, its heel lodging itself between two books in a nearby bookshelf.

"Wow... You could poke someone's eye out with that shoe..." Yuki commented, hints of amazement managing to ooze through his pressured monotone

Tooru gaped at the scene before her speechlessly. She tore her eyes away to look helplessly at the empty doorway, and conjured the images of her teachers from her minds eye to ask them for guidance. "Ayame-san... Shigure-san... what do I do now?"

The imagined ghosts of her instructors blinked at her blankly.

"To be quite honest Tooru-kun," Shigure looked a little sheepish, "This is the first time that things turned out like this from our pointers."

"Sou, sou, " Ayame nodded and crossed his arms in deep, before giving Tooru an apologetic look, "I'm afraid we don't know how else we could help you Tooru-kun. It's rather puzzling! Our pointers in Male Romance have never failed before."

She buried her face in her hands and let out a soft sob. How could this have happened? She followed Shigure and Ayame's instructions to the dot. How come every single thing she did is turning out all wrong? Tears started to well in her eyes. She already knew from the beginning that she didn't have a hair's chance when it came to doing things like this. Even if Shigure and Ayame had a million years to train her, it will all turn out the same. She was no Goddess of Seduction. She was just plain and hopeless Tooru. And now, Yuki's going to die because of her fault...

"Tooru," A familiar soothing voice seeped into her consciousness

She lifted her head and saw the image of her mother smiling down at her, "Okaasan! Okaasan, what should I do? I did my best to help Yuki-kun but everything is going all wrong!"

"Tooru, you're trying too hard that you forgot the most important thing," Kyoko's image continued with a wink, "All you really had to do was just be yourself. A woman's greatest charm point is being herself with confidence. If Tooru acts like Tooru, no man will be able to resist you. I know that for sure, you are my daughter, after all."

The girl's eyes widened at her mother's apparition's advice.

"Sou, sou," Ayame's apparition interrupted as he appeared beside Kyoko, "When Shigure and I were instructing you, Tooru-kun, we didn't want to transform you into someone else. We simply wanted to give you more confidence with your own charms."

"Good little girls should always follow their elder's advice, specially her mother's" Shigure agreed from Kyoko's other side, before turning to the other vision, "It's nice to finally meet you Kyoko-san. And my, don't you look stunning. You don't happen to be interested in younger men, do you?"

"Ha..." Kyoko stared at the writer with dotted eyes

"Gure-san~~!! How could you!?!" Ayame gasped in horror, "Even if we are just representations of Tooru-kun's confused state, how can you cheat on me while I'm standing here right in front of you! With Tooru-kun's mother to boot!"

"Anou..." Kyoko began patiently, an annoyed vein popping on her forehead

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Shigure sighed waving a finger at his cousin, "A-ya, you know that I would never cheat on you! In fact I feel hurt at the thought that you would actually think that Kyoko-san and I will leave you out. And you claim to be an expert in male romance!" Shigure made his point by looping his arm around one of Kyoko's arms.

"Haaa... forgive me Gure-san, how could I have ever doubted you," Ayame replied as he looped himself to her other arm

"NOW WAIT JUST A GODDAMN MINUTE!!!" Kyoko's eyes widened

"See you later, and good luck, Tooru-kun!" Ayame winked playfully as all three ghostly apparitions disappeared in a flash of smoke leaving Tooru to stare at the spot from where they stood in disbelief

"Okaasan? Shigure-san? Ayame-san? Where did they go?" Tooru whispered out loud as she surveyed her surroundings. She froze as her gaze fell upon Yuki and felt herself flush in embarrassment upon the realization that the boy has been watching her entire ordeal the whole time

To her surprise, Yuki simply gave her sympathetic nod, "You too, huh?"

"No... wait, Yuki-kun... I can explain!" The girl stammered as she struggled to get on her one-shoed feet and managed to stagger to the edge of Yuki's bed

"Don't worry, I won't tell," The boy said reassuringly, "It's not like this is really happening anyway. Chances are, I probably won't even remember any of this when I wake up."

"Ha?" This time, it was Tooru's turn to blink speechlessly

"This always happens. That's why I hate taking sedatives. Everything slows down and it's so hard to think straight," Yuki explained as he shifted around and hugged his pillow tighter, "On top of that, it makes me have these weird dreams. The last time this happened was when I was ten."

"What happened?" The girl asked as she made herself comfortable on the edge of the bed, her curiosity getting the best of her despite the circumstances

"I was watching Haru, and Kyou kick a soccer ball around in Shihan's yard after practice one day. Kyou and Haru got into an argument and Haru turned black. He kicked the ball a little too hard and it flew right at me. I blocked it the wrong way and dislocated my thumb," Yuki replied as he wiggled his left thumb

Tooru couldn't help wincing at the idea.

"It was one of the most painful and disgusting things I've ever gone through in my entire life," The mouse made an involuntary shudder at the memory, "They couldn't even touch me, so they had to completely put me under in order for them to snap it back in place. I had such a bad reaction with the anesthesia that I couldn't eat solid food for almost a week. My mother made me eat nothing but pudding... I hate pudding."

The girl made an involuntary mental note at that.

"She also said that I only dreamt what I saw, I probably did since I didn't even remember it until now..." Yuki frowned as his voice trailed

"What did you see?" The girl asked curiously

The boy slowly lifted his eyes to gaze into the girl's, "I saw God."

"Wow..." Tooru gasped, her eyes widened in reply. She suddenly couldn't find the strength to move. Yuki's eyes seemed to have lost its passive glaze and burned with such intensity. It was almost as if the gray orbs she was gazing at had spun a spell on her, and found herself lost in them, "Wha... what did God look like..."

Yuki's eyes flickered for a second as his eyebrows creased in deep thought, before turning his full attention back to her, "Remember that foreign film about something from the bible that Kuniko-sensei made us watch for World Religion Class?"

Tooru nodded, still captivated by his eyes.

"He looked like Jesus..." The mouse replied with utter seriousness, "...only older."

"Really?" The girl whispered in wonder

"No," The boy answered without batting an eyelash

"Ha?" Tooru frowned, feeling a bit bewildered, until she saw the beginning of a small smile tugging at the ends of her companion's lips. She couldn't help but letting out a small giggle from escaping her own mouth, before it transformed into a full blown laughing fit.

Yuki watched her laugh from his position before allowing the smile to completely form in his lips, "That's nice."

"What?" Tooru asked wiping the tears that pooled at the corner of her eyes

"Seeing Honda-san laugh," Yuki replied as he rested his chin on the pillow in his hands, "Even if this is just a dream, it's wasn't right seeing you act nervous and upset. I didn't mind the goofy things you did earlier since it was still like you, but it was disconcerting to see you in tears."

The girl's eyes widened again and bowed her head. She immediately felt heat rush to her face, her heart suddenly hammering wildly in her chest. All at once, she remembered the reason why she came in the first place. All at once, she realized the reason why it was so hard for her to go through with it. And simply saving him from dying was the least of it.

When she first stepped into this room, it was out of her selfish pride. She wanted to do this because she blamed herself for what happened, and wanted to play hero like everyone was doing. But now, after talking to Yuki, even in his drug-induced state... she finally and honestly realized it.

She needed him.

She needed to hear him talk more about himself. She needed to see his intense gray eyes, the million different expressions that pass through them that he wouldn't allow to openly show in his face. She needed him to worry over her... to have him smile down gently at her... to care for her. She needed the way he made her comfortable when she was anxious. She needed the effortless manner he makes her feel important and special with a few thoughtful words.

And she didn't want that to change.

It was a double-edged sword... her situation that is. Because whether or not she went through with this, she was going to loose him. She was going to loose him to either death as dictated by the curse she brought upon him... or to the awkward situation between them that was sure to happen after.

It was a painful ordeal.

But...

...but if Yuki continued to believe that this whole thing was just a dream...

Tooru lifted her head and gave Yuki a determined look, "Yuki-kun, I've come to a very important decision."

Yuki blinked, puzzled at her sudden change in demeanor.

"I've decided, that I'm going to give you..." The girl squared her jaw as she climbed into his bed and crawled closer, "...the best dream you'll ever have."

"Eh?" Yuki whispered, his eyes widening in disbelief at her words.

"Don't worry, Yuki-kun..." She said huskily as a slow, almost predatory smile crept on the girl's face upon seeing his reaction. She saw something flicker in Yuki's eyes, as if the blanket of haze brought by medication instantly lifted from his clouded mind, and noted with fascination that her pulse start to race again... this time with undeniable excitement. She slowly reached out to cup his cheek, "...I promise to be gentle."

Then she saw it.

He didn't move or push her away like he did to those other girls in the past. But she saw it. As her hand hovered over to gently caress his cheek...

...he shut his eyes and flinched.

She pulled back her hand and felt a painful heaviness in her chest as if her heart suddenly turned into lead. One of her greatest fears finally realized. She was no different from the other girls in school after all. She was a fool to even begin to believe so, simply because of his acts of kindness. In his eyes, she was just like the other girls.

He didn't want her.

Tears started to flood her eyes once again, but she desperately held them back, not wanting him to see. There's no way she would do this if he didn't want her. Dream or no dream, she would never subject him to that humiliation. The first time should always be special, "I'm sorry, Yuki-kun. I didn't know what came over me. It was just a joke. I'll go now."

She started to leave before she humiliated herself any further, when she felt a sudden tug at the hem of her skirt as she stood. The girl looked back in surprise and saw the boy, head bowed... one arm clutching the pillow in front of him like a security blanket, the other arm holding on to her dress, "Yuki...kun?"

"Don't go," He whispered softly, but loud enough for her to hear

"What?" Tooru uttered in confusion

"Please... don't leave me again..." Yuki whispered

The girl frowned as she sat down on the bed again to face him, "Yuki-kun? What do you mean by 'again'."

"Every night you come like this," The boy continued to talk softly, holding on to her skirt as if his life depended on it, "The only thing I ever wanted was for you to stay with me like this. I want to touch you... and hold you... and kiss you... and more... but... whenever I reach out to touch you, I wake up... and you disappear. I thought that... if I didn't touch you this time... you wouldn't go away."

Tooru can only gape at him, completely speechless at his honest revelation. Once again, a deep blush started to creep on her face as the implication of what he just said hit her, "You... dream about me?"

Yuki lifted his face to meet her eyes, "Every night."

Her heart melted as she gazed once again into his intense gray eyes. She watched them widen in surprise as she took the hand attached to her dress into her own, "I'm still here." Tooru smiled as she twined her fingers with his, "You can touch me, and hold me..." She paused as she felt her heart begin its hammering pace once again, "...and kiss me... and more... and I promise you that you won't wake up from this dream. I'll be right here."

Yuki pulled his hand from her grasp and tentatively reached out to touch her face. She closed her eyes as she felt his feather-light caress exploring the wonders of her features. As if memorizing them and imprinting them in memory. Then she felt his fingers reach out behind her head to unclasp the clip tying it into place. Her hair spilled down her shoulders like currents of water released from a dam. She kept her eyes closed as he ran his fingers through her hair, neatly arranging the stray strands that fell over her face, behind her ear.

She held her breath as she felt him shift closer to her then let out a long shuddering sigh as she sensed the radiating warmth from his body searing like hot flames against her skin. She felt him gingerly slide his hand just above the nape of her neck, before she felt his warm lips whispering a soft kiss on her forehead. She held her breath again as she felt him slowly slide his smooth cheek against hers before resting his forehead over her own... their noses lightly brushing against each other, their lips merely centimeters apart. She thought she was going to go insane with anticipation... feeling his nearness, but not really touching.

He was so close that she could feel his breath mingle with her own... breathing in time with him, breathing the same air as him, breathing him to inside herself... breathing each other's very essence. The simple act was such a powerful feeling that all at once... all at the same time... powerful emotions flooded her entire being. All at once and all at the same time, she felt

...happy...

...and sad...

...and frustrated...

...and frightened...

Frightened?

But isn't this what she wanted? Didn't she want Yuki to accept her and want her as much as she needed him to feel the same way with her? He won't die and he won't feel awkward after. And nothing will change between them... because at least to him, all of this will just be a beautiful dream. Wasn't this what she wanted?

She felt him shift slightly and she waited for his warm lips to finally brush over her own.

Wasn't it?

But he didn't stop to kiss her... she felt his warm breath continue a downward path towards the crook where her shoulder met her neck...

'No... It wasn't...'

She frowned at the tiny voice of reason that protested from inside her head. 'Stop being so fickle,' she scolded herself in annoyance. She tried to ignore it as she concentrated on the feelings that made her shiver slightly as she felt his lips lightly brush against her jaw.

'Didn't you understand what Shigure-san and Ayame-san told you earlier? And didn't you believe it yourself? The first time is supposed to be special! You can't buy it from the street or force it on someone,' The voice cried out louder and more desperately, 'If the first time is supposed to be special as you believe it is... why do you need to disguise it as a dream that you'll most likely to forget when you wake up?'

Tooru's eyes shot open in shock. No... Her voice of reason was right. This wasn't how she wanted this to happen. On top of needing him to be with her... she also needed him to remember. She needed him to share and remember this moment with her.

His chin rested on the crook of her neck and she felt his weight slowly start to fall over her. Her eyes widened in panic as her hands flew out automatically to push him away. But it was like trying to keep 20-foot tree from toppling over her, as her hands grasped the pillow he still held on to his chest.

"Yu... Yu... YUKI-KUN! W-WAIT!" She cried out desperately unable to stop his full weight from covering her, "S-S-STOP! WE'RE GOING TOO FAST!!!"

But it appeared as if he couldn't hear her words of protest. She could only close her eyes in horror, completely helpless as his weight over her caused her to fall backwards with a loud 'thud'...

...right off the bed and onto the floor.

"........."

"...itai..."

To be concluded…

Author's squawk:

GAAAAH! This chapter not only went longer than usual... it also turned out a bit differently than how I originally planned it. Much more stranger with Tooru's imagination sequences... and GOD SAVE US FROM THE SAAAAP! SAAAAAAAAP! ^_^.

Anywayz... We all know where Shigure got the maid's costume came from... but where the heck did he get those stiletto heels!!! Heh-heh... it would seem that Ayame is right about men and their secret gardens that need tending too... ^_^.

Though this is the last chapter, the fic isn't quite over yet. There's still the traditional epilogue to come. Merrow-chan very kindly helped me out to sort the ending of this fic. I was in the middle of a very bad writer's block and Merrow-chan came to my rescue as my ever important muse!

Again, thank you to everyone who has been diligently following this fic and reviewing it. I really appreciate the ego-boosts. ^_^. And hopefully, you will still be around for the grand curtain call! ^_^. Until then...

Comments, criticisms and flame throwers at ina_chan@yahoo.com

Ja!
Ina-chan