Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Butterfly Effect ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7:
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket. There, I said it.
 
“Are you ready?” Tohru nodded, not really focusing on any of the other's faces. After an hour or so of primping and pampering, the girls had donned their matching cloaks and left to the police department. On the way they had turned many-a-head. Between Tohru's curled and pinned hair and make-up and Uo's roguish beauty, they were lucky to not gain any unwanted attention. Or it just might have been Hana's blank stares or Kyo's outright glares at any man that dared to come within ten feet of Tohru.
 
The men at the station sent the girls wary, but appreciative looks, the women looked on almost piteously, knowing that they were part of the unspoken women's team. Tohru touched the invisi-bandage on her forehead, checking to see that it was still there. The thin sheet of flesh-colored bandage was hidden by carefully applied foundation and powder. Nobody would notice unless they knew what to look for. `Are you sure you want to come, Kyo?' Tohru asked silently, taking point to the detective's office.
 
`Are you having second-thoughts Tohru-kun?' Uo's mental voice was subdued, thinking about the upcoming day's work.
 
`I'm following you whether you go though this or not.' Kyo looked forward, walking a half-step behind Tohru and keeping an impassive mask on.
 
Tohru grasped the detective's door handle firmly, pulling the office door open. `If I was going to turn back, it's too late now.' “Good morning detective!” Tohru chirped, entering the office and sitting down in one of the chairs without being invited. Although her voice was chipper and warm, her gestures and attitude revealed her as her mother's daughter.
 
Looking up from his coffee and morning paperwork, the detective fairly growled. “You're late, Tohru-chan.”
 
Tohru stood up and leaned over the desk enough to be in the detective's personal space. Batting her eyes, Tohru put on a cute pout, “But, what would be the point of going out to pick up men if I wasn't beautiful.” She brushed her lips along his cheekbone as her hand traced the other jawbone. “I just had to put my face on before I came over.” Nipping his nose, Tohru pulled back with a sly smile that almost looked mismatched with her large, innocent eyes. “I know how much you want this man, Mister Detective, and I want to be at my best to help you.” Sitting down, Tohru let the cape slip to reveal her bare legs as they crossed at the knee. Uo snorted, trying to hold back her laughter. Giving the detective a sweet smile, Tohru grimaced internally and nearly screamed. `I think I'm going to be sick…'
 
“You have the correct arrangements secured, correct?” Hana spoke up, gliding out of the shadow by the door to the front of Itochu's desk. The man paled, pulled back and adjusted his tie, trying to look anywhere but the blocked view of Tohru's naked leg.
 
“Ri-right. I have them somewhere.” The man stood up and went to his file cabinets, pulling a file from the third drawer that he looked through. “This is a confidentiality agreement. I need all of you to sign on the `X' and we'll be set…all it says is that none of you can speak of anything that happens from now until we capture the perp. Tohru-chan—“
 
“Don't call her `chan'.” Kyo growled out, scribbling down his name.
 
“San then. Your payment will be wired to your godfather's account tonight.” Nodding, Tohru scanned the document quickly before seductively pulling the pen out of the detective's pocket, even though there was an entire case of pens and pencils sitting on the desk. Signing her name with a flourish, she kissed the pen cap and placed the pen back from where she took it.
 
“Good. Are we ready to go then, Detective-san?” At his distracted nod (her cape had fallen open more) she smiled. “Good. I would like to visit the restroom first though. It'll just take a moment.” Indicating one finger, she placed it on her lips and then his nose. Turning out of the office, Tohru winked at the detective before gliding down the hall. Itochu collapsed back into his chair, staring dazed out into the hallway where he saw the beauty last.
 
Kyo turned to the detective and leveled a glare at the older man, growling. “If I ever see you do anything to her, I'm not afraid of hurting you, detective.” He sneered, crossing his arms and leaning against a filing cabinet by the door. Kyo didn't bother averting his eyes as he felt his pupils slitting like the cat that he was.
 
`May I have my toothbrush…?' Tohru called weakly from the bathroom.
 
`Did you actually get sick?' Uo asked, digging through her sequined bag (for this mission ONLY, then she was returning it to Ayame's shop. Prince's brother could be so pushy sometimes.) to check for Tohru's brush before heading out the door after glaring at the detective briefly.
 
`No, but I feel like I should do something.' Even with Tohru's internally-focused mood, she felt Kyo's unsure mood. `Kyo, it's just perverts that make me ill.'
 
`It's about that `other form' isn't it? Look kitty-boy, stop moping about that. Tohru likes you and she did go after you, remember? She even went after you after Hana and I tried to stop her.'
 
`You tried to stop her. I was stopping you.' Hana cut in.
 
`I'm ready to go now. Let's talk about this later, ok?' Tohru sent a frustrated spike though the connection as the two girls entered the detective's office. “Ready to go now detective?” Tohru purred, leaning forward slightly. The detective nodded dumbly, standing up from his chair and gesturing the door, avoiding the two, well, one glaring and the other just plain creepy, on his way out the door. Taking the lead, the detective took the group to the parking lot and to his unmarked. It actually looked like a taxi cab with a `privacy shield' between the driver and the back seat. Through unanimous decision, Kyo took the front seat while the three girls sat in back. There were already other unmarked vehicles in the red-light district, as well as officers that were hopefully not getting too drunk to do their jobs. All of the Mama-san and most of the girls knew about the operation, so they didn't question the slight influx of customers that held concealed weapons of various sorts.
 
The detective dropped Hana off first, giving the girl time to climb to the roof of one of the buildings to watch overhead. She spotted other officers on the other rooftops, but she doubted that the binoculars that they had were for any other use than to look down the scantily-clad girls' shirts. `Looks like we're on our own. The other officers are either drunk off of boobs or beer.' Hana deadpanned in a way that sounded more like Uo's street slang than her mysterious lilt. Various degrees of laughter met her assessment. After her confirmation that she was in place, Hana signaled Uo and Tohru to get into place, walking from opposite directions to their street corners.
 
`Get ready for a long day girls… and Kyo… we're going to be here a while.' They didn't know which one said it, so they nodded and got as comfortable as possible. Tohru sat on a half wall nearby, swinging her legs and flirting with everything that moved. Uo leaned against the wall and practically ignored the men that tried to hang on her. Her model-like beauty, coupled with her less-than-modest attire grabbed all of the attention to look like one of the usual street walkers in the red-light district. The two girls had ditched their cloaks with Kyo and Itochu as they had gotten out of the vehicle. Catching Kyo's eye, it took Tohru a few minutes for her blush to fade. She didn't even have to look to feel the detective's lustful gaze on her laced back. She almost called it quit right then, but she had friends in this area that were in danger the longer the guy was on the loose.
 
After the first hour, although Tohru's smile stayed inviting, she tuned out the street. It was still morning, so there plain wasn't much happening on the street except for underage students ditching school to get some action. “Hey girlie.” A gruff voice snapped Tohru out of her trance as the burly man's shadow fell over her face. His hands pinned her to the half wall that she was sitting on.
 
`Be careful, Tohru. He's not the guy we're after.' Hana warned, watching the interaction intently.
 
`I know.' “Hey there yourself. Aren't you a handsome, strong man?” she hummed seductively, rubbing up and down his arm sensually. `I might as well have fun while I'm here though…' “I know a place we can go get some privacy… that is, if you want.” Tohru winked appreciatively. “Although, I'm guessing you like it rough and dirty though, am I right?” the man chuckled, helping Tohru hop off of the wall.
 
“Lead the way, girlie.” He slurred, his hand on her delicate waist. She smiled seductively, taking both of his hands and leading him down the alley. At the dead end, the man looked around for a door or something. “Wait… where are you taking me?”
 
Tohru smiled and stroked his cheek, “I thought you'd appreciate the `rough and dirty'.” Leaning up on her toes, she licked his collar bone as she fisted her hands into his shirt. Dropping down, she heaved the man to roll over her shoulder and onto his back, stunning him for a few moments. Straddling him, Tohru rubbed her hands up and down his chest, slipping under his shirt. She scratched him with her nails, smiling seductively the whole time. Leaning down, she captured his mouth with hers, teasing his bottom lip. She could taste the low-quality sake as he tried to kiss back. Pulling back, she waved her finger. “Impatient one, aren't you?” after scratching him again, she leaned in and captured his kiss, making sure to put her full intent into the action. His hands tightened around her upper arms as he met her kiss with his own, but they quickly slipped to the ground as he went unconscious. Drawing her hands from under his shirt, she grimaced at her nails.
 
Drawing a small plastic baggie, sharpie and nail file from her bustier, Tohru took the skin samples from under her nails and put them into the baggie, sealing it. Rolling the man over, Tohru grabbed his wallet from his back pocket and took out his ID. She scribbled his name and address on the baggie and put it away. Putting it away, she though different of it before taking all of his cash and then putting the wallet back. He only had a few hundred yen left, and he would only think that he spent it on cheap drinks. Dragging him to the end of the alley, she stashed him behind a dumpster, where he would wake up some time tomorrow… eventually…
 
`Did you have fun?' Uo asked, a humorous lilt in her voice.
 
`They never last long enough.' Tohru pouted, returning to her designated spot.
 
`What happened?' Kyo asked, not really aware of what was happening since he was in the car.
 
Tohru sent a mental shrug to the boy, `I just got some practice for capturing the perp later.' A spattering of laughter came from the other two. Kyo shivered at the nonchalant tone, having a mild idea of what happened.
 
“You cold?” Itochu asked, seeing Kyo shiver.
 
Shaking his head, Kyo looked out the window. “No, I'm just worried.” The detective nodded and continued to drive.
 
`I think you scared kitty-boy, T. I guess he's never seen you do anything like this before, huh?' Uo crowed, laughing out loud at something that one of the men vying for her attention said.
 
`Never had the opportunity.' Tohru watched Uo with amusement. `Why don't you indulge one of them? It's slow enough for him not to show up yet.'
 
`You sure?' Uo asked in concern, watching Tohru watch another guy that was passing.
 
`Yeah. Hana-chan will alert us if she sees him, right?'
 
`Correct, Tohru-chan.' Hana affirmed, her voice as soft and distant as it was when she was speaking with her mouth. Nodding reluctantly, Uo smiled and hooked her arm around one of the obviously underage boys in the group.
 
“Ok, today's your lucky day, squirt. Today I make you a man.” Kissing him, she trapped him in her eyes and led him back into the alley. Looking at the other boys, she held up a finger. “Uh-uh, stay there boys and if you're nice, I might pick one of you next.” Winking, Uo walked him around and behind the building she was standing by. In the shadows of the alley, Uo led the boy inside a back door to the building. She smiled at one of the girls that worked in the den and she gestured for Uo to use one of the empty rooms. With a quick word of thanks, Uo drove the boy into the room and shut the door behind her.
 
The boy heard a click as the lock was set into place. Looking around, he noticed that the room was lavishly furnished with multiple satin pillows strewn around on the floor. A kotatsu sat in the middle of the room with a coal heating plate ready to use. “Um… I've never done anything like this before…” the boy said nervously, looking around and seeing no exit except for the door.
 
“Don't worry; I'll take care of you.” Uo purred, looping her arms around the shorter boy's shoulders. She kissed his forehead and pushed him back into the pillows.
 
(O)
 
`Did you have fun?' Tohru asked, in the middle of flirting with one of Uo's boys. The girl shrugged and grabbed another from behind, nibbling his earlobe.
 
`like you said earlier, they don't last long enough.'
 
“Hmm…” Tohru slow-danced with her boy, `don't worry, the better ones come out during the late afternoon.'
 
`The suspect is supposed to come tonight. You'll have to focus then.' Hana reminded the girls.
 
Kyo just couldn't hold his tongue any longer. `Did you just have sex with that guy?!'
 
His exclamation was met with laughter. `If you want, I can always try with you… it'd be my first…' Uo snickered, not able to say anything more. The boy that she was holding looked at her strangely as she started chuckling sadistically.
 
`We're all waiting until marriage… hopefully…' Tohru commented, kissing the corner of the boy's mouth, just enough for his eyes to glaze over and him to walk away in a daze.
 
`The boys that we choose are knocked out and their ID and skin samples are taken. That is all.' Hana was the only one able to explain without bursting into giggles.
 
`…oh…' the heat of the blush carried through the connection and sent the girls to laughing again. Kyo managed to stay quiet for most of the rest of the day, only commenting that Itochu went to get gas or a snack or something like that. Each of the girls took turns with breaks, going into the brothel that they were allowed to use as a base. Idle chat kept the connection going, making sure that nothing happened to either of the girls on the street. Only once did either one call for help, which was quickly taken care of by the other with Hana's long-distance help.
 
`My feet are killing me.' Uo groaned, looking up at the setting sky. Back in the room that she was allowed to use, she had at least half a dozen boys which Tohru had later kissed to kill their short-term memory and lust.
 
`Let's just hope that that is the only thing dying tonight.' Tohru commented soberly, looking up at the clouds also. A few minutes of silence stood between them as they watched the red silk draped traditional lanterns being lit, as well as regular and red-tinted lights being turned on.
 
`It's kind of beautiful, the lan—`
 
`Suspect coming in, 9 O'clock.' Hana interrupted, bursting the peaceful mood. Nodding, Tohru straightened up and lightly hopped off of the wall. Swallowing her nervousness, Tohru sauntered up to the man. `Confirm suspect Blue.' Hana used code names, even though the likelihood of someone that is psychic picking up on their conversation was minimal at best.
 
Tohru nodded, but it was more like a jerk of her head. `Confirmed. And he's as ugly as his pictures.'
 
`I'm in position.' Uo spoke up.
 
`I am also.'
 
`Told the `tective'
 
“Hello handsome…”