Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tiny Tales of Terror I ❯ No Sleep For Otakus ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: This fic was inspired by 'Jisatsu Koneko [Suicide Kitten]' written by Inoriko. Read it, love it, review it. Now for an overview of the story.

Trio (Iris) and a group of her friends always hold sleepovers so that they won't grow apart. One night at Trio's place, the original group and new member get locked inside the house with no power so, to keep everyone from losing their minds, Trio suggests playing a game of 'Story-Round'. 'Story-Round' is like campfire stories, only the head person choses a genre, theme, etc. The point of the game is top the story before you until someone can't come up with one, then that person is out, then it continues until it is down to two people and the game starts over. Why down to two people? I dunno, I didn't make up the rules.

Iris: And now for the prologue.

***

"Hey, girls." Trio welcomed her friends in and they gather in the living room. First to arrive was a hyper young girl with wavy blonde hair (Louisa), behind her was an intellectual but fun-loving brunette (Julie), followed by the tallest of their group, a british blonde with 3 inch boots (Jasmine).

"Trio, what are we waiting for?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh, I have someone else coming over. My dad went to pick her up."

"You didn't go?"

"And leave ya'll here? Pfft."

"What? We wouldn't do anything." Jasmine joked, eyeing the small house.

"Yeah." The other two agreed, making shifty eyes around the living room. They laughed at each other just as a car drove up. A girl with blonde hair struggled to get her bag and stuff out of the green caravan. She hurried up to the open door with Trio's dad following closely behind.

"Girls, I'd likez ya'll to meet Nikki." The girls smiled and greeted their new 'member'. It had been a long time since someone new had come to one of their sleep-overs, it was almost foreign for them to meet someone new through one of these. They all sat in the living room and waited for the traditional pizza. Trio stood and loaded her Fruits Basket DVD into her PS2. The menu came up and she leaned back to ask which language they wanted to listen to.

"English." They all replied. She opened the setup menu, changed it around, then played her DVD. Just as always, everyone poked fun at little things around the show, like hair colors, voices, and random noises. They laughed and imitated the noises. When it was over, the pizza had gotten there and everyone rose to get a piece.

"Oi, Nikki." Julie said, standing behind her.

"Huh?" Nikki responded.

"How long have you known Trio?"

"Since the sixth grade... you?"

"Louisa and I have known her since 1st grade. Jasmine met her in 6th, too."

"Ah! My slice!" Jasmine cried, wrestling the hostess for a piece of supreme pizza. The ruckus they stirred up caused both her parents to up and leave. They stared out the door as they left, it was almost 8 and the sun was going down (kinda early for Texas, though). Trio's little brother was also out, so it left them to reek havoc around the house. But being the lazy otakus they were, they sat in front of Trio's computer and reeked havoc across the internet. After a while, they became bored of that too, with no body around to look out for, there's was no energy in it. The troupe stood and went back into the living room. As soon they entered, all the lights went out. Trio screamed to see who would freak. Louisa, Julie, Nikki, Jasmine, and Trio (again) all screamed in order. There was moment of silence... then laughter. They sat in a little circle in the middle of the living room. Trio pulled her PS2 off the shelf and a flashlight sitting next to it. She sat down and placed the PS2 between them. The sun had finally set by this time and the entire house was pitch black. Trio turned the flashlight on and grinned eerily.

"Who wants to play 'Story-Round'?"

"Do what now?" asked Louisa.

"I'll pick the criteria and ya'll make up a story to top the person before you."

"Why you?"

"Cause it's my house!" she whined, "MINE!"

"Okay." Julie broke the arguement, "Just pick your stuff and let's go."

"Okay, it has to be characters from Fruits Basket... and it has to horror... rape, murder, suicide, eck-se-tear-ah, eck-se-tear-ah."

"Just that?" Nikki said, drawing a Ren face in the dust on Trio's PS2.

"No, it just has to be scary in some sense, creepy, upsetting... dramatic blah blah like that, you know?"

"Okay. You first." They agreed, pointing at their hostess.

"Erh... m'kay."