Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tiny Tales of Terror I ❯ Promised to Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"M'kay, m'kay, m'kay!" Trio laughed, reaching over her PS2 to shake her friend, "Let us be dazzled by your scary story!"

***

"I'm going home. See you, Yuki." One of the young Sohma's classmates rose up from his desk and left. Yuki sighed and reached out to gather his class papers.

"See you tomorrow, Sohma-kun." His teacher waved good-bye.

Yuki stretched as he left the campus. He looked around and noticed his friend walking down the sidewalk. As the handsome nezumi tried to catch up with his friend, a menacing monster dropped down on Yuki's classmate and proceeded to tear him apart. Yuki dropped his papers and backed away. The monster heard the clatter of the by-stander's document and threw its head up. It bared its fangs and lept over to the witness. Yuki was slammed against the brick surrounding his school.

"You!" the monster snarled.

"AH! Please don't kill me!"

"You will live, so long as you promise never tell anyone about having ever met me. If you tell anyone what I look like, I will kill you!"

"HAI! HAI!" Yuki cried, "I promise!" The monster snorted and took off into the night. Yuki raced back home, but not before running into a very frustrated orange-head.

"DAMN RAT!"

"STUPID CAT!"

"What are you doing home so early?" Kyo growled.

"What are you doing prowling the streets this late at night?" Yuki stood and pulled his cousin to his feet. Kyo scoffed and walked up the path towards Shigure's house. He noticed that his rival was awfully quiet. As he let the silver-haired teen walk in infront of him, he leaned forward and whispered into his ear.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, and get off of me." Kyo sneered and licked Yuki's ear. (Everyone(minus Trio): O.o;;; (Trio: Yummy.))

"Is the precious rat scared?"

"Shut up, Kyo."

Months passed and Yuki soon realized that he loved Kyo (Everyone (-Trio): EW! (Trio: Yummy...)) more than anything. The more he thought about it, the more he remembered the day he ran into that monster. It made him worry that Kyo might be hurt by this monster. His worry grew, and it showed itself in everything. His homework had little doodles of the creature, he tore his napkins into the beast's shape, and sometimes he even hallucinated that the monster was about him at night. One day, Yuki couldn't help it and draped himself over his cousin's back. Kyo jumped.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" he hissed, "Damn rat! I'm trying to watch TV!"

"I love you, Kyo." Yuki said, kissing Kyo on the cheek. (Trio: *throwing her hands up, cheerleader style* Kissin' Bishounen Cousins! front-slash-back-slash-front-slash-back-slash-zero-zero-seven! (\/\/007))

"I love you, too, Yuki." Kyo turned his head and kissed Yuki gently on the lips, holding the rat's face in place, "What brought this up?"

"Well." Yuki moved so that he was sitting next to his cousin, "About half a year ago, a monster killed one of my friends. He almost killed me, but I promised not to tell about him."

"A monster?"

"Yeah." he laid down one of his recent drawings of the beast, "It didn't bother me until now."

Kyo picked up the picture and stared at in disbelief.

"Why?" Kyo said, his voice stammering, "Why did you say that?"

"Because I love you, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"You.. broke the promise!" Kyo sobbed, standing up and glaring at Yuki, "How could you!"

"Kyo-kun?" the orange-head shook violently, ripping the black and white bead bracelet off his wrist. He closed his eyes, then opened them quickly. They changed from human to cat to the eyes of the demon that had almost destroyed Yuki. His arms stretched and turned into very reptilian paws; his body became gaunt, long, and an ugly dark green, his spine could be seen through the thin layer of skin; his legs grew into feline/lizard hind legs, "Kyo!?"

"You broke our promise!" 'Kyo' growled, snatching the terrified teen by his shoulders, "How could you do that!?! I loved you!"

"I'm sorry!" Yuki cried, trying vainly to escape, "I'm sorry!"

"Sorry isn't going to cut it... you have to die." Yuki gave his 'cousin' one last longing look before 'Kyo' bit deeply into his neck and ripped his throat out. 'Kyo' held his dead rat close to his body and sobbed, "I love you, Yuki..."

***

"AGH! That sucked!" Jasmine cried.

"Your turn, Jazzy."

"Oh!"