Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tohru's secret twin sister, who has a secret of her own ❯ An Untold Story and a Daughter's Choice ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Sorry it took me so long to get this posted some stuff came up like I found out I failed my algebra class and now I have to take summer school for it which totally blows. I just started watching Inuyasha and it is really good. To anyone out there that is reading this and hasn't seen it go for it it's really good. I still intend to make this story into 3 parts. The beginning of the story is all about meeting the family and finding out about the curse. The second story is about getting ready for the ceremony that has to take place. And the third story is going to be about breaking the curse.

Disclaimer: As you all know I don't own Fruits Basket, and if I did Kyou would be in his cat form most of the time.

Chapter 6

An Untold Story and a Daughter's Choice

When Alex, Tohru, and Kyou got home from school Shigure and Hatori were waiting for them in the dinning room, both smoking. "What the hell is Hatori doing here?" Kyou said afraid that he was going to erase Tohru's memories. "It's not what you think Kyou I am here to help Shigure with something." Hatori said. "Well what is it." Kyou asked as he sat down. "Alex, Tohru why don't both of you sit down too, it has to do with you guys too." Shigure said as the girls sat down. "Alex have you heard of the Chinese zodiac." Hatori asked hoping she had so he didn't have to explain more than he already was going to. "Yeah I was born under the year of the dog, but everyone thinks I should have been born under the year of the cat because I'm so different than them, but there is know year of the cat." Alex said as she looked down at her hands. Kyou growled at her comment. "Well our family is cursed by the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac and the cat, when are hugged but some one of the opposite sex we change over to our animal." Shigure said getting up. "Tohru would you be so kind as to show your dear sister what I mean." Tohru got up and hugged Shigure.

*POOF*

When the smoke was cleared Alex saw a big black dog. "Umm is that Shigure." Alex asked as she looked down at him. "Yes Alex it is I the great magician Shigure here to change people into dogs. No I was joking yes Alex it's me I am cursed by the year of the dog." Shigure told her. "Kyou is the cat and Hatori is…" "One more word Shigure and I will tell the whole publishing industry every embarrassing thing you have done since you were 4." Hatori said. (AN: sorry I know it's from the show but I just wanted to put it in there it fit perfectly didn't it??? I could be wrong I guess...) "Okay I'll stay quiet" Shigure said. Well Alex wanted to know what animal Hatori turned into so she got up and hugged Hatori. "Why didn't you change over I now I am one of the opposite sex?" Alex asked with a shocked look on her face.

*POOF*

Shigure turned back, Tohru kept looking away, but Alex not knowing looked right at him. Alex saw Shigure standing there naked. Alex blushed when we change back we are naked." Shigure told her. "Damnit put some clothes on." Kyou yelled as he stepped in front of Alex. "That still doesn't explain why he doesn't change over when I hugged him Alex said as she pulled Kyou in for a hug. "See you don't change either." "Well that's what we are going to tell you about." Shigure said as he finished tying his belt. "You see every generation a girl is born with the ability to hug the members of the zodiac and they don't change over." Shigure said taking a seat. The others also sat down. "This girl is the key to breaking the family curse. After they find out whom they are one of the older zodiac members tattoo the girl with three perfectly placed tattoos." Alex was getting nervous "Wh-er-e are these-tattoos Shigure." Alex asked. "Funny you should ask one is placed one the left breast close to the heart and it is the Japanese symbol for cat. The second is placed on the right shoulder and it is the name of the member of the zodiac she needs to be with and the year they first meet and lastly the print of the animal she is meant to be with on her inner thigh." Shigure said. Alex was in total shock. "I can't believe this, there is no way I am this girl." "Well you do have all the tattoos and you can hug all of us." Hatori said. "Okay well which member does she have to marry or whatever?" Kyou asked. "Well why don't we find out Alex could you fix your shirt so we can see your shoulder." Shigure asked. Alex nodded and she took off her top shirt so she was in her cami . Kyou moved Alex's hair so he could see. He also had to pull her strap down. Shigure came in close so he could see who's name was on her shoulder. Kyou placed his hand on the tattoo and pulled his hand down to the end. ~Now I know why I'm so attached to her she is my soul mate~ Kyou pulled his hand away and ran upstairs to the roof. "Oh so that's why he ran." Shigure said. "Alex you are Kyou's soul mate." Tohru started to giggle. "What's so funny Tohru?" Alex asked angrily. "Kyou look so scared." Tohru said. "So what do these have to do with anything." Alex asked as she put her shirt back on. "Well they have a lot to do with a lot of stuff." Shigure said. "What he means Alex is when the time is right we will tell you what they are for." Hatori said. "Okay" Alex said as she stood up. "I'm going to make some tea does any body else want some." Alex asked. "I'll take some" Shigure, Hatori and Tohru said. "I'll come help you. "Tohru said as she went into the kitchen. "So what do you think about this whole sister thing." Alex said. "Well mom always told to believe in your heart and you'll know what to do when something that you didn't expect happens. That's what I did when I met the Sohmas I didn't know if I could keep the secret or even get Kyou to change back but than I thought about what mom always told me and I was able to do it." Tohru said as she got the cups down. "I wish I knew what mom was like she seems really sweet and I am so sad that I didn't get to met her." Alex said as she turned off the stove and removed the tea kettle from the stove as it whistled telling them that it was ready. "Well I know you can come with me to her grave tomorrow and meet her, or well talk to her at least I know she would really like it if came and said hi and all. What do you think?" Tohru asked her. "Well sure I don't see anything wrong with that okay I'll go with you and talk to mom and tell her how I'm doing and everything." Alex said "When do you want to go?" "Well what about tomorrow?" Tohru asked hoping she would say yes. "Sure let's go tomorrow." Alex answered with a little smile on her face. "I'll go tell Shigure; oh I hope it's not too late to ask him if we can go tomorrow." Tohru wondered and went into the dinning room. "Umm Shigure if it's not too much trouble could Alex and I go to my mom's grave tomorrow morning I promise we'll be back before lunch." Tohru asked hoping it wasn't too much trouble. "Sure Tohru and you don't have to be back before lunch we can take care of our selves and you need to spend some time with your sister and your mom so go ahead and have some fun and don't worry about us." Shigure said. "Thank you" Tohru said as she turned to tell her sister.

"Alex wake up we are going to be leaving an hour to see mom so you might want to get ready." Tohru said as she shook Alex awake for the 3rd time. "Okay, Okay I'm up" Alex said stumbling out of the bed still asleep. "Breakfast will be done in 10 minutes so I'll see you downstairs than" Tohru said as she left the room. "Yeah whatever." Alex said as she went to the closet to find something black to wear. "The only black thing I have is what I wore on the plane, oh well I hope it's not too dressy." Alex said out loud to her self as she took the dress out of the closet. She looked at the knee length black halter top dress and a pair of black pumps. "These might make me look like a business woman" Alex said to herself as she took the dress and make up bag to the bathroom to get ready. Ten minutes later she came out of the bathroom ready to go. With shoes in hand she went down the stairs. "Good morning" Shigure said. "Who's the lucky man you are all dressed up for?" "No man actually my mom" Alex said as she placed her shoes by the door. "Aren't you a little too dressed up to go to a grave" Kyou said. "No I don't think I am." Alex said. Just than Momiji ran into the room and pushed Alex into Kyou. Momiji saw what he just did and he quickly ran behind Tohru who was serving tea. Kyou fell on the floor and Alex landed on top of him. Kyou didn't move he just stayed still with Alex lying on top of him. She tried her hardest to get up, but was twisted in her dress. Kyou picked her up and placed her on her feet. "Are you okay your not hurt are you?" Kyou asked moving her hair out of her face. He saw blood on her bottom lip. Kyou wiped it away, but it just kept bleeding. Kyou remembered what Hatori told him to do if you can't sop the bleeding. To put pressure on it. Kyou pulled Alex closer and he placed a kiss on her lips. He than put a little pressure on it to get it to stop. Alex was so surprised by this she pulled away. "What the heck was that" Alex said. "I didn't give you permission to do that." Than Alex pulled Kyou in for another kiss. Yuki came into the kitchen and saw Kyou and Alex engaged in a kiss. Shigure, Tohru and Momiji watching. "Why don't you two get a room, and not in the kitchen." Kyou heard Yuki come in and pulled away and ran up the stairs. "Why didn't he change over when she hugged him." Momiji asked. "It's along story" Shigure said "Alex you look like a pretty good kisser." "Why did I do that I'm so sorry Tohru now we are going to be late." Alex said as she looked a little upset. "It's okay lets go." Tohru said placing the breakfast on the table for the boys to eat. The girls went to the front door and put their shoes on. "Bye Shigure we'll be back by lunch" Tohru sad as they shut the front door. "Mom is going to be so surprised to see you Alex." Tohru said. The sisters walked down the street talking about their mother. "Shigure why didn't Kyou change over when she fell on him. "Momiji asked again. "Okay I'll tell you the whole story." Shigure said as he began to tell the story. "So that means I can hug her when ever I want?" Momiji asked. "Yeah that's what it means." Shigure told him. "Well lets eat we don't want Tohru's wonderful breakfast to go to waste."

*ON THE ROOF*

"Why the hell did I do that I could have used my finger and a napkin." Kyou said aloud. " I don't even like her that why's it's those damn tattoos that are making me crazy."