Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 1986 ❯ A fateful beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
It had been two years Since O'Brian broke Winston in the ministry of love. Two years, of sitting in that pub, forcing down another glass of victory gin. He contemplated what he learned.
 
We are not interested in the good of others, O'brian's voice came floating out of memory we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness; only power, pure power.
 
Miniluv…it was in that horrible place where he had been beaten senseless for days on end for no reason. Wait, there was a reason, he was guilty, he had kept a diary. He was falsifying history to contradict Big Brother and incite rebellion…yes that was his crime.
 
Wiston finished his victory gin and left the pub, heading back to the victory mansion, to the apartment where he lived. The streets were dusty and barren and the wind bit like the cold metal of the blunt instruments used to beat him. It brought back more unpleasant memories/
 
Once again he took the stairs (the elevator being broken), the staircase was lined with posters depicting Big Brother. Winston did not look at them because of the eyes. The eyes would follow him where ever he went. Upon reaching the top flight of stairs, he followed the hallway and entered his room. He was tired, so he turned down the TV as low as he could and went to sleep.
 
 
(Meanwhile…elsewhere)
 
Edward finished drawing the array “Alright, now we need the passage fee” he said standing and stretching his legs. He turned and looked at Envy.
 
“I suppose you mean this?” he said exposing a small blood red gem. The Philosopher's stone. “You can use it as long as you can guarantee we can leave gluttony's belly safely.”
 
“You'll be safe” Ed said taking the stone “if this backfires, I'm the one who gets the punishment.” He held the stone tightly and for a moment he considered using it to kill envy and restoring his brother, but then he realized that there wouldn't be enough power to escape so he continued. “Envy, you go first, Ling go second, I'll bring up the rear.” He said and activated the circle.
 
Everything went bright white, and there he was once again, standing before the doors. He wondered to himself; are these The Doors of Truth or The Doors of Hell? This time though, he was actually standing. As he was about to pass through, he felt something was wrong, he took a closer look at the door. It looked similar to the one he used before, but not the same. This is a different door he realized, then it was too late, the door pulled him in and he passed into the darkness.
 
He had no idea where he was, he couldn't see or feel anything. Soon the absolute darkness gave away to a new kind of darkness, it was a dark room. He appeared in a dark room, it was softly lit by a screen that had talking people and flashing images on it. Ed got up and looked around, he didn't see Envy or Ling, maybe they made it back alright he thought, feeling his way around. He tripped on something and fell to the floor, the lights came on and he was staring at a middle aged man sitting bolt upright in his bed.
 
“Where am I?” Ed asked.
 
The man, was so shocked he could only think of one response “Oceania.”
 
 
Chapter done!
 
Tell me what you think. What will Winston do? What kind of trouble is Ed into this time? What is this strange new world? Most importantly: Who is Big Brother?
 
Stay tuned for the next chapter…