Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ All For Mom. ❯ PROLOUGE ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own FullMetal Alchemist.
 
Prolouge
 
The dark alley in which a small human figure enters, is so foreboding, the silence is only ruptured by slow footsteps.
 
As He walked, Edward thought deeply about the arugument he had just had with his younger brother.
“Al…” He winced thinking about it “I'm sorry.”
 
* * * *
 
“Brother, please!” Alphonse Elric yelled from the Elric's doorstep. “Don't go!”
 
Ed turned back angrily, “She could die, Al!” He threw his arms down, “Is that what you want?!” he screamed, his rage rising.
 
Alphonse's face fell, “No…but,” he shook his head, “I don't want you to die either!” Brother! Find something else…Please. There are other ways to get the money, mother wouldn't-“
 
“Mom doesn't have any time left Al! We've been working and working, sending letters, trying to find dad. It's not enough! This our only option… Her only option…” He looks down, teeth ground together. “I'm going now.” He said, turning viciously, and stalking off.
 
* * * *
 
He slammed his weight against the brick wall in aggravation. “Damnit Al!” he muttered, looking at his feet, “I wouldn't be doing this if there was another option…” he whispered, “This is for mom…” he tried convincing himself, “For Mom.”
 
A High cackle made Ed turn quickly to see who he was there to meet.
 
“Talking to yourself again squirt?” asked a lean boy, looking a few years older than Edward, “Heh, some things never change.” The boy scoffed, flipping his long, dark greenish hair out of his eyes, a wide grin spreading across his face.
 
It took all of Ed's power not to kick him in the face as soon as he said “squirt”, “Argh! Envy! Just shut up, and tell me what you want done.” He growled.
 
Envy tutted like he was scolding a toddler, “Now Ed, temper, temper. You don't want to get on our bad side.” He smirked, “We might just up the stakes…” he shrugged, “or, maybe just lower our price… but that's all up to you.”
 
Gritting his teeth, Ed turned his glance to the wall. “What do you want done Envy?”
“That's better.” He cooed approaching Edward with a confident stride. “Now…” he began, leaning forward in front of Ed, “all we want you to do, is steal some tech.” He jumped back and leaned on the wall across from Ed. “'Kay?”
 
Edward looked up and glared at him, “There's a catch isn't there?” he asked.
 
Once again there was the wicked smile, “Oh, you know me so-o-o-o well squirt.” Ed bared his teeth, and Envy laughed, “Why yes, there is a catch.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“We want you to get rid of the owner while you're there.” Envy ran his finger along his neck making the “Dead” hand sign, “At `Pinako's Auto Mail'.”
 
Edward's eyes grew wide and he fell back against the wall in shock, “Aunty Pinako…” he thought to himself.
 
“Well Edward?” Envy asks, looking down at him.
 
He could feel himself being to sweat . “Oh god…Al, you were right.” He clenched his jaw. “What am I gonna do?”
 
Envy began to walk towards the end of the alley, but turned on his heel. “We need an answer Edward.” He said seriously, “Or no cash.”
 
Ed shut his eyes, knowing he made a mistake. “I-“
 
“No big brother!!!” Alphonse yelled from the opposite side of the alley, “You can't agree to that!” he ran towards his brother as fast as he could.
 
From the corner of his eye, Ed could see Envy pull out a gun, “Alphonse, No! Stop!” he screamed running to try to save his younger brother.
 
Alphonse froze with fear, seeing the gun. Realizing the danger, he turned and tried to run just as Envy fired. Shooting him right in the back. Making Alphonse scream terribly and pass out on the floor.
 
Horrified, Edward turned back, “Noooooo!!!” red clouded his vision and rage to over as he charged at Envy.
 
A shot rang in the air once again and then there was a pain in Edward's right shoulder. None of the pain mattered though, he ignored it and charged on, tackling Envy to the ground as soon as he was close enough. Once Envy was down, Edward reached for something to hit him with and his hand had just wrapped around a iron crow-bar and he was just about to swing it when Envy kicked him into the wall. Envy stood and hovered over him, a glare evident In his features. “I suppose we won't need your services after all Ed.”
 
There was a shot then a scream.
 
 
END PROLOUGE
 
MU: Thank you!!! Review and tell me if you want to know what happens.