Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Amadare ❯ Still Waiting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Another chapter and I'm sorry it took so long, split between school work and my stories. So please read on.
 
Amadare
Chapter Two
Still Waiting
 
"Why don't you like the rain, Hagane no?"
 
"I just don't...and anyways, I can rust in the rain."
 
"Maybe so, but there has to be another reason."
 
"To be truthful, the rain reminds me of tears."
 
"The tears you shed for you okasan?"
 
"No, the tears I shed for Al..."
 
The days passed by slowly, all of them with infused with a dreary quality. Edward was still in his state of melancholy, and it seemed that it would stay that way for a while. His amber eyes had become duller over a short period of time. Hawkeye would now describe them as ale, a very dark ale.
 
Alphonse continued to care for his brother without fail. It seems like...ame... he thought to himself as he continued to gather up food for his brother. Fuery should be coming by soon with more groceries for Edward, since he himself didn't need them. Joukyuusouchou Kain Fuery had been a big help while either Hawkeye or Havoc were on a mission. In between those times, Major Alex Louis Armstrong would bring what they needed.
 
Any hope that the Colonel would return was long gone now that so much time had passed. Maes Hughes would sometimes drop by to inform them on one thing or another, but usually his visits ended with a small talk to Edward. Whether it be about Roy, or about something stupid, it seemed that Edward actually listened to him.
 
Although there was no proof of it Al knew that Edward listened to Hughes one way or another. Yet since the Colonel's death it had yet to rain. It surprised everyone since it always looked like rain, but it seemed that the sky was holding back the rain. Alphonse sighed as he started back up the stairs with a bowl of soup for his elder brother. Maybe he'll eat today... he thought to himself as he quietly opened the door and looked into the room.
 
Edward was in the same position as always; just sitting up in the bed with the Colonel's pocket watch in his hand. Winry would be stopping back to tune-up Ed's automail the next day, but he truly wondered whether or not his brother would allow it.
 
"Brother...I brought you something to eat."
 
As always there was no responese from the boy on the bed. Alphonse just sighed again as he walked in and put the bowl down on the small table by the bed. Edward's ale irises were bottomless pits of darkness as Al started to leave again. Nothing came from either his brother or the sky, maybe they were both waiting to cry.
 
Gwg: Yes, depressing I know. Anyways, I'm glad for all of the reviews that I have received for this story and I hope to keep getting them. Until next time, ja ne.