Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Amadare ❯ When It Rains ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: It has been an honor to write this fic (as well as a pleasure). This is the last chapter of Amadare, but who knows? There may just be a companion peice or sequel in the near future.
 
Amadare
Chapter Three
When it Rains
 
-5 Months Later-
 
Alphonse watched as his elder brother went about his new daily routine. He got up, went to work, came home and then he usually went to bed. Sometimes he would eat something, sometimes he wouldn't. Edward was smaller than he used to be, and his amber eyes were always dark with pain. Some days Alphonse thought it was better not to even go around his brother, but he did anyways.
 
On this night, Alphonse realized that his brother had not had anything to eat in the last three days.
 
Brother…please eat something, he pleaded with him, not trying to push him into anything. Edward just ignored him as he started up the stairs to his room to go to sleep. Alphonse refrained himself from following his brother and just contented himself to return to his own room. The last few days had been cold and it always looked like rain, and yet the little droplets of water refused to come.
 
That night Edward sat in his room like always, going over research papers that cluttered a small table in the room. A silver State Alchemist watch was on his nightstand beside the only picture he had of the Colonel and himself. His dark amber eyes refused to look over at the picture of the pocket watch as he contented himself to work on his research about the Philosopher's Stone and human transmutation.
 
His attention was quickly drawn from the papers in front of him when he heard a noise outside. Edward made his way down the stairs without much thinking, not even worrying about protecting himself. The sky let loose a defening roll of thunder as he stopped at the bottom of the stairs.
 
Dark amber eyes were trained on the door, although the noise he'd heard earlier was gone something still remained. Maybe it was the feeling of lonliness that he couldn't shake, or the pain of having someone he loved so much being ripped from him that made him continue towards the door. Thunder sounded off again outside, seeming to shake the very foundations that the house stood on.
 
Summoning what courage he could, Edward opened the wooden door in front of him. A rush of cold wind caused him to close his eyes before he opened them again, shocking appearing in his eyes as well as disbelief. Standing in front of him was the man who'd been seemingly dead for almost half a year. His dark obsidian eyes held exhaustion and pain, his clothes ragged and his hair a mess. The man's once strong frame looked thinner than ever as his clothes hung off of his body freely.
 
Amber eyes widened in disbelief as he reached out with his hand to see if the person standing before him was really there. The skin he felt was slightly warm, but cold at the same time. The shock and disbelief disappeared as he stared into gentle obsidian eyes that he had known for so long.
 
"Roy..." and as he whispered the name of the only man he loved the sky opened up and finally the rain started to fall.
 
Gwg: Oh, I know you guys are gonna hate me for leaving a cliff-hanger ending to the story. I really loved writing this for you guys and maybe there will be a more satisfying ending later, but I'm not promising anything. I would like to thank everyone that has reviewed for this and I am so, so sorry that it took me so long to write this ending chapter. Anyways, I hope that you guys liked the ending and I hope that you will also continue to read my other stories. Until the next time, ja ne!