Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Bewitched ❯ Collecting herbs ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
ADD ALL THE VIDEO GAME REFERENCES!
I'll be using some from Skyrim, Maplestory, Mabinogi, and Gauntlet as well.
-
Riza, Katherina, and MacKenzie were in the back of the house in the hot sun because earlier that morning Katherina told the two blondes that since all her students were here now, she would teach them how to use the magic within them and how to make potions, charms, and other items to help further themselves in this "profession".

"Why do we need to know how to make potions? I thought magic came from chanting magical words and from the power with in." MacKenzie said while she eating breakfast.

"Well, yes and no. To use chants and the power within you, one would need to be filled with mana, enough to use a spell and not be weakened afterwards. Using potions and charms is a much better way of doing things because even though you only have a set amount of mana with the charm, you won't feel the effects after using it."

"What about that book I have then? Is it good for me to use?" Riza asked while she poured herself some coffee.

"If I were you, I would wait until I know more about magic before trying something in that book. Some of the spells in there are pretty basic but are quite dangerous. When you do finally use it, be careful with it." Katherina smiled.

After breakfast, Katherina took the other two females out to her herb garden. "Alright my little cups, today's lesson is gathering herbs and learning how to bottle them. First gather some blue, violet, and orange herbs then we'll boil them and move on from there." she pointed out to the wide field. "Make sure not to damage the roots." she sat in a chair and started to read what seemed to be a magic book.

Riza huffed and got on all fours and started looking for the herbs. "…MacKenzie, where are you from?" she looked up over at the other blonde who was pulling an herb out the ground.

"Katherina says that I'm from another world."

"What do you mean? Like the one we're in now?"

"No…in my world we have far more technology than you're but we don't have Alchemy, the Red Stone is a big fairy tale, and magic is something only crazy people or people in occults talk about. In my world, your city is a place called Germany."

"Germany? What's it like there?"

"I have no idea. I'm from a land mass called America. "

"Well…tell me about this "America" then, you know, to pass the time." Riza smiled. "What's it like in the Americas?"

"…To be honest, it's a really nice place to live. We have a lot more freedom than the other countries, we have a strong military force but things can get out of hand a lot there. A lot of people there say the government is very corrupt and very useless but I believe it can get back to how it was before…when it was very reliable and people trusted it…is that silly?" MacKenzie looked at Riza.

"No, not at all…back home I have someone who thinks just like that…he believes the same thing, that our government can be trusted once again and help out our neighboring counties. That's why I and my friends told him that we would follow him until he reaches that goal." Riza smiled.

"It must be nice, having friends…having people who you can count on no matter what the situation is…back in America, for me, it is very hard to find people that I can trust." she looked at Riza. "We're at war now with each other, the North and the South. This war has been going on for 2 years now and it doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. People are starting to lose hope. This war is terrible…we're getting laughed at by other countries all because we can't get over our differences."

"What's this war about?"

"It's all based on the rights and freedoms of the slaves that were forcibly bought here when the country was first "founded"…this is all because the people who came there were too selfish and lazy to do the work themselves. Countless lives have been lost in the last 100 years. Almost all of the natives have been wiped out because of the diseases that were bought thee." MacKenzie dropped her herb bag and placed her hands over her face, on the verge of tears. "Our country is supposed to be this grate wonderful land but all that's left now is hate, diseases, lies, and blood." She sniffled, hating her country the more she talked about it.

"It would seem that our worlds not as different as they seem." Riza smiled gently, placing a hand on her shoulder. "In Amestris, our country was once like yours until people started to become filled with hate and greed. Things really got out of hand when an Ishvalan child was 'accidently shot and killed, ever since then, we've been at a constant war with Ishval. But my Colonel is doing everything in his power to stop this war and hate so we can all live along peacefully…I believe that it is actually possible to achieve the peace we both want. So no matter what, don't give up."

MacKenzie looked at her and nodded, tears running down her cheeks. "Thank you Riza, it would seem that everyone in the world is not the bad guy. When I get back, I will help my country figure out their differences so we don't have any more hate between one another." she wiped her eyes, smiling.

Katherina had been looking over the edge of her book, watching the two girls. "I knew they would get along well." she smiled and turned her head to the shed. "You were right about taking them in, Rapbit…maybe they do have what it takes to get you back to your original body, after all, I do see good things in their future and helping us just might be one of them." she watched as her snake slither out of the dank shed and into the warm sun by her feet.
~
Katherina let out a low long whistle. "You girls collect a lot more than I expected."

"Sorry about that, we got to talking and kind of stopped paying attention." MacKenzie let out a nervous laugh.

"Well its fine, we'll be able to make a lot more now." she smiled. "Now we will have more than enough herbs to test out all the combinations I have planed." she went over to the fire place where a big black cauldron had water boiling in it. "First we'll be making an anti-fatigue potion. I'm pretty sure you girls are tired from work for so long but we have no time to rest. First we need some eggs and cheese."

Riza went to the kitchen and grabbed a few eggs and wedges of cheese. "Will this taste gross? I've never seen eggs and cheese boiled before." she put the cheese in then the eggs.

"Yeah and will it have any weird side effects?"

"No my dears, nothing like that." Katherina smiled. "Now, you have to put in 4 blue herbs and 3 orange and violet herbs." she broke the herbs up and put them in the pot. "Then stir it up till it's all boiled in."

The smell of egg, cheese, and herb filled the room, making the two blondes gag.

"This smells horrible!" MacKenzie quickly opened up the windows. "Are you sure this will take out fatigue away because it sure doesn't smell like it would." she stuck her head out the window and took in a deep breath.

Katherina laughed. "I promise you, it tastes a lot better than it smells."

Riza went up to the girl at the window. "How do you feel?"

"Queasy but I bet Katherina has something for that as well." she laughed. "Hey…I got a question, what's waiting for you back at home?"

"Well…I have a cute black and white pub named Black Hayate. He's very loyal so I'm not too worried about leaving him home alone."

"What about boyfriends?"

"Ah! W-What kind of question is that!" Riza blushed for the first time in her life. "I-I don't have any boyfriends!"

"Are you sure? This morning while you were sleeping, you kept muttering 'Jean', who is he?"

"H-He's some guy I work with! That's all!" Riza looked everywhere but at the other woman.

"Sure he is~" MacKenzie giggled. "Well I'll be sure to ask him when we see him."

"D-Don't- wait, you're coming to my world?"

"Katherina said once we're done with the basics here, we'll be going to your world for more training. Alchemy is very god when deal with magic and your world has more natural minerals than mine."

"Oh…well when we go there, I'll be sure to give you a nice tour of everything, it's a promise."

The two females laughed and shook hands on it.

I hope you have enjoyed this new and improved chapter eight

~(o3o)~

~Aurora