Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Boulevard of Broken Dreams ❯ Mustang's Memories ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Boulevard of Broken Dreams


A Full Metal Alchemist Songfic by Dark-Angels-Tears


Disclaimer! We do not own Full Metal Alchemist or the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams. They belong to Hiromu Arakawa and Green Day.


A/N: I thought it was about time someone wrote a FMA songfic. This centers on Mustang's life. Monica is Mustang's fiance.


Song


Flashback


Story


"Talking"


'Thinking'


---

Lt. Colonel Mustang sat in his office, staring out the window. His face was gaunt, his eyes hollow. He was lost in thought and memory, though he desperatly did not want to be.

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone
(Ishbal)

Roy snapped his fingers and the entire block erupted in flames. He heard the screams as people burned alive, their skin crackling and sizzling. From a window in a tall building came a shriek as a pretty young woman fell to Mustang's feet. A sickening crack echoed through the night as she struck the ground. But the woman did not die. She whimpered in pain, her very body on fire. Mustang recoiled, frightened. For this woman was not Ishbalen. Her previously pale skin was now black and peeling, her blue eyes filled with tears. "Roy!" she gasped in a cracked and broken voice. "Monica!" Mustang whispered, frozen in fear. "Roy, how..." Monica asked in her horrible, twisted voice. Mustang quickly bent down, his eyes shining with fear and unshed tears. "What have you done?" Monica asked, shocked. Mustang looked around, seeing all the death he had caused. "Roy.." Monica whispered, reaching up to her beloved.

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

Her hand dropped midway, the look in her eyes was proof. She was dead. Mustang fell back, astonished. "No..." He whispered. But there was no mistaking it. Monica's lifeless eyes gazed directly through him to his soul, demanding why. "How could you?" they seemed to ask. No one else mattered to Mustang, they were just faces in a crowd. But Monica... she was someone. Then, it hit Mustang. Everyone was someone to someone. All those people... they were individuals who mattered.. and he had destroyed them. Destroyed them all.


My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah

"NO!" Mustang cried, standing up suddenly. 'Monica.. how could I?' Tears leaked into the eyes of the Lieutenent Colonel. But that wasn't the only cause of his grief. Back in Ishbal, he had slaughtered dozens, perhaps hundreds, for the sake of the stupid war. He had killed those two doctors.. just because they wanted to save some lives. Then he had the gall to go and face the family. 'I am a pathetic excuse for a human. Why don't I just end it right now?' Mustang thought, pulling on his gloves, preparing to make the fateful snap that would fill his lungs with fire, effectively setting himself on fire from the inside.

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

"No." Mustang said out loud. He walked over to the window, looking out to see Elric and his little brother playing with a blonde girl their own age. 'I have a reason for living. He is a short kid with an equally short temper. If it kills me, I will make sure that Edward Elric suceeds in his quest.' Mustang thought. And then he gave a funny half-grin. 'I will be a formidable ally. After all, who can kill a man that does not fear death?'


My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah
Ah-ah, Ah-ah
I walk alone
I walk a...

Mustang quickly strode outside to where the little blonde was laughing with his friends. 'How innocent he is..' Mustang thought, longing for the days when he was like Ed. "Edward Elric!" he called. When Ed looked over his shoulder at Mustang, the happy atmosphere disappeared, leaving behind one of anger and contempt. "What do you want, Mustang?" Edward hissed. "I just... wanted to apoligize. For being such a prick to you." Mustang said. Edward was shocked. "I hope I can somehow make it up to you someday, Edward Elric." Mustang said, turning to walk away. "Hey, Mustang," Ed called, his tone much softer then before. "What is it?" Mustang asked.


I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone...

"It's Ed. It'll always be Ed." Mustang smiled. Maybe there was hope for this kid...


A/N: That's it folks! It might not turn out to be a one-shot. Thanks! R&R.


Converting /tmp/php8O6ZHE to /dev/stdout