Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Brothers ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: It was a year since Ed was transmutated to another world, Al was on his search to look for his elder brother. He ran into someone who resembled him with some differences. A what-if fic. One-Shot
Disclaimer: I do not own any character or story in Fullmetal Alchemist or Alphonse Elric will be uke to all other characters in the anime and manga.
AU: If there is Alphonse Heiderich in the real world, why can't there be Edward Heiderich? This fic/drabble was inspired by some strange ideas on my head.
1922 A.D
A year before, a dymantic event happened in Alphonse Elric's life. He had finally ended his life trapped in a cold, hard armor. In return, he lost his elder brother-Edward Elric and his 4 years worth of memories. Few months after recuperating in his sensei's house, he embarked on his long journey in search of his brother.
Months passed. It was a winter night. A 12 years old boy made his way towards an inn to spend his night in an unfamiliar settlement. His red hooded coat was a sharp contrast against the white snow on the ground. Stepping into the comfort of the inviting warm hall, he pulled off his head-hood, revealing his long blond pony-tail hair. The few occupants in the hall stared in awe. Not many people would be willing to travel on a winter night, especially not for a young boy when many would snuggle under their parents' protection.
"A room, please." The boy said in childlike voice.
The owner looked around, searching for his guardians. When he saw none, he turned back to the boy: "You alone, boy?"
The boy smiled rather sadly and nodded.
Taking the key, he made his way up to his room. He did not notice a pair of eyes following him up the staircase.
Al collapsed heavily on his bed. He blew warm breath into his freezing palms. Another wasted day searching his brother, but he was not going to give up. Despite that, deep inside, he was beginning to lose hope. What if Edward was sent beyond the Gate of Transmutation? If so, there was no way he could get his brother back unless...
There was a knock on his door.
"Coming." Al called and pulled out of his comfortable bed reluctantly. Opening the door, a tall teenager stood against the cold light emitted from the hall. Al's hazel eyes travelled upwards and met a pair of golden eyes, lighter blond hair and a familiar face.
"NII-SAN!" Al yelled in surprise and hugged onto the teenager. Suddenly, he noticed something was missing. The figure seemed taller than Al by at least a head and he had no automail arm.
"You..." Al stammered and let go the person quickly: "Gomene... Are... are you... are you Edward?"
"You've changed, Al, you used to be as tall as me and now you are asking for my name, I'm your elder brother!" The teenager grinned good-naturedly: "And of course, I'm Edward. Edward Heiderich, if you can't even remember my full name. In case, you have forgotten your own name, you're Alphonse Heiderich. You've even grown long hair, Al!"
Al's eyes widened and his lips parted in surprise. Another Edward? With a younger brother of the same name as him?
Edward noticed his strange response. "What's the matter? I was trying to look for you over a year! Remember our last time when we were trying to smuggle some rockets from the Nazis' search? There was a strong flash of light and we were separated. I landed in an isolated settlement and you were gone!"
Al opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish which had left its water.
"Sorry, I think there is some misunderstanding. My family name is Elric and not Heiderich. You have met the wrong person." Al shut the door, ignoring the protest of another Edward outside the door, he buried his face into his pillow, trying to muffle his urge to cry from frustration and disappointment.
For one thing was certain, Edward Elric was transferred into some other world a year ago. It was meaningless to continue his wasted journey searching all over the place for him anymore.
Al made up his mind. He would return back to Winry and his sensei's place the very next day in the morning.
Owari