Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Chidarake Amadare ❯ One Step Closer ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: So, you guys like the story so far I hope? You do, then keep reading! Lol.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Edward and Alphonse, only Blue and this story plot. Everything else is not mine (though I do wish I owned Roy).
 
Chidarake Amadare
Chapter Two
One Step Closer
 
"Brother, what are we going to do?"
 
"I don't know. Why are you asking me?"
 
"It's supposed to be our decision."
 
"I know that, Al."
 
"Then what are we-"
 
"WE are going to do nothing, YOU on the other hand are going to make the decision...I need a nap."
 
"Brother!"
 
"G'night Al."
 
"Ed!"
 
"I said g'night."
 
Alphonse sighed as he watched his brother lay down on the bed. Of course, he should've known Edward would leave the decision up to him. He hadn't said too much on the subject they were supposed to be talking about, together. They had one more day before they had to go out on their next mission, and the girl was supposed to be leaving for her mission on the same day.
 
Roy hadn't said too much about it either, except for the fact that there were now new holes in the wall of his office. It seemed that Blue had mentioned something to Hawkeye about a comment Roy made. To say the least, Alphonse felt a bit of sympathy toward the Colonel when it came to his First Leiutenant, but that was none of his business.
 
"Shut it, Havoc."
 
He heard the voice that sounded to be just down the hallway of where they were staying in the Military dorms. Being curious as ever, Alphonse peeked out of the door and looked down the hallway. To his surprise it seemed that a few of Mustang's subordinates where standing there, including Blue.
 
"Aww, c'mon..." The Second Leiutenant whined, giving Blue what he thought must have been puppy dog eyes. Maes Hughes was standing to the right of Jean Havoc, and he was trying his best not to laugh. Kain Fuery stood on Blue's left with a nervous look on his face.
 
"I said no. How many times do I have to repeat myself?" She replied, glaring at Havoc. The man just smiled, lighting up a cigerette like usual.
 
"I think you should come. It is just for a few hours, and anyways, the Brigader General will be there." Hughes added, smiling at the evil glint that appeared in Blue's eyes. Her and the Brigader General didn't get a long too well, and she enjoyed every chance she could get to badger him. Of course, it sometimes ended up with her getting to mop the floors for a week, but to her it was well worth it.
 
"Fine, fine...You guys aren't gonna leave me alone until I agree anyways. Mustang still avoiding Riza, or trying anyways?"
 
"Yeah...I think she got too close with a bullet this time." Havoc stated, laughing at the thought of Mustang cowering, not that the Colonel cowered mind you. Blue just shook her head, sighing at the idiotic grin on Havoc's face. As always she was convinced into going to another party by Hughes and Havoc, this time with the help of Fuery.
 
Sunset
 
I should be getting inside...I'm sure Jean will notice that I'm gone in a few minutes... she thought to herself as she sat on the front steps of the Maschen Inn. Havoc was always the first one to notice her gone or at least the first one that came to find her anyways.
 
"Seems you don't like the parties either." Edward stated as he walked down the stairs, taking a seat beside her. She flashed him a small smile as she looked back up at the stars.
 
"You don't seem to respect Mustang much."
 
"I do, but when you get used to him he is sometimes more annoying than you think," she replied with another smile, this time turning to look at the eldest Elric brother. Edward just returned a hesitant grin, looking up at the sky.
 
"Our dad...did he ever come back after he left here?"
 
"No, he stayed away from this place and my mom, but I don't care anymore. The guys here were kind and that's all that matters, except for Havoc. He's one hundred percent pervert...I think he gets it from Roy."
 
At this they both shared a laugh for the first time. Maybe if I take the time...I can accept her... he thought to himself as they continued to talk as the sun disappeared below the horizon.