Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Daddy ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

A one shot inspired by Weezer's songs “Say It Ain't So.” Ed writes a letter to his father. If you wanna hear the song go to myspace. Com/ weezer
Dear Daddy
I'm writing this because I need to get things off my mind. I've got no intention to send it, and there's no chance anyone will ever find out I wrote this. I honestly don't care if I ever see you again, but I have to know. Why did you leave your family? What kind of bastard does that?
What bothers me most is that mom used to say I looked just like you at times. When I did alchemy, it would remind her of you. I have this fear. It used to small, but it grew, festered inside me. I could see myself turning into you, and that's the last thing I wanted. Al doesn't remember you, thank god, and the only memory that's clear is you walking away.
You hurt mom, and that hurt me. I never cared about you, not after you left. I never fully understood why you did. Mom knew; that's why she wasn't angry. I guess she understood. But I couldn't.
I'm following in your footsteps, and I hate that. But it's important that I must. Did you even care that you had a son, that you had two? Would you do for me what I did for Al?
All I ever did was care for the people I love. Mom died, I hope you know. We sent letters. She wanted to see you before she died but you ignored us. You've always ignored us. I wish I could've met you one last time before we started on this journey.
And because I wanted to bring back mom, Al lost his body. That was my fault. I don't blame you for everything. But somehow I believe if you'd been here, mom might've lasted.
So what did you do while we suffered? You went into hiding or something like that. I remember Mustang was looking for you. People were… interested in you. What did you do that was so interesting?
I think it runs in our family. Bad luck, I mean. What luck do we have? I lost my arm and leg, Al lost his body, mom's not even human anymore. It's all my fault, and I don't blame you for any of that.
But I blame you for mom's death in the first place. She might've been sick for years, but she would've lived if you hadn't left.
If I had known you, known your mistakes, would I be different? I can't help but feel you're still in my life, even if it's indirectly. I wish I could just forget about you, about everything. But I have a duty to Al. I can't abandon my mission when I'm so close.
And even if I blame you for starting everything, I know you could help me. You were a master at alchemy.
Like I said, I'm never going to send this. Once I'm finished writing it, I'm gonna burn it. There are just a few things I need to get off my mind, and this is the easiest way.
I guess I'm done with this. There's not much more I can write. Maybe one day you'll show up again, and on that day I can ask all the questions I need to. Until then, I need to continue on.
Dear Daddy,
I write you in spite of years of silence.
You've cleaned up, found Jesus,
things are good or so I hear.
This bottle of Steven's
awakens ancient feelings.
Like father, stepfather, the son is drowning in the flood.
Author(ess) Notes:
My love is a life-taker.
(That's probably how Ed feels.)
So, kinda spur of the moment. I've been listening to Phantom Planet and Weezer all day, and Say It Ain't So got me thinking, `specially since I've been working on The Seven Deadly Sins all day.
Okay, a quick note to the makers of Kid's Bop (damn bastards. Spreading their evil through not-so-innocent children. Bet they're all Satan's followers): YOU MUST NOT SULLY THE GOOD NAME OF WEEZER!!!
Alright, I'm done.
Review would ya?