Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Demolition ❯ Demolition ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorry to all my Where The Heart Is readers, I feel like it’s been forever since an update! Excuse the waiting, I’ve had some things I’ve needed to tend to recently, and they kind of consumed my time. I’ve had overflowing emotions lately, and needed to pour some feeling out in something other then WTHI.

This little one-shot, is my interpretation of Envy’s emotions during the death of Hohenhiem, and his death shortly after. It’s not a happy, all is love and justified kind of one-shot. It’s a darker twist on Envy’s existence, and what he became. So, without further ado, I present, in HD-FF, Demolition!!!!!

~An Angel’s Wings
---------------

Demolition
---

He was Envy. He always had been.

He tasted it as it swept past in heavy rivulets down his lips.

The blood of his Father. The blood of his creation. The blood he was never allowed to have flowing through his veins.

Maybe this world had dulled his senses, but he felt nothing, even as his father admitted wronging him. Forgiving him was entirely out of the question.

He couldn’t forgive. Not him. Dante had told him that all homunculi are inept at having ‘emotions’. They were their sin namesake and nothing more. And he believed her.

Lust had betrayed Dante, choosing to assist the Elrics in hopes of fulfilling her wish to become human; He dubbed it a fool’s act. But in time, after watching humans interact for so long, watching their lives evolve and their dreams adorn the walls of this world, he began to hate them for such actions.

He began to envy them.

The Elric brothers as well.

He had envied Edward and Alphonse for what they represented. Why they existed.

To replace him.

He envied humans for what they were.

Alive.

A blinding illumination above him dragged down his last remaining thoughts as it sucked him into an oblivion where loneliness clouded his mind.

The gate appeared before him as he felt his serpentine body ebb away slowly and bitterly, leaving nothing but his struggling consciousness afloat in a purgatory.

All feeling had left him, and he was nothing but numb to anything but his hindmost thoughts.

They were the only thing tying him down to sanity. The only thing keeping him from panic. He tried to make sense of all the sifting thoughts, and balancing his situation in there as well.

The gate had opened.

His mind lingered on it’s doorstep, expecting nothing but a Hell. His last slowly drifting thoughts remained strew around his mind like carnage.

Envy.

It was who he was. It was his sin.

It was his very being.

As his final thoughts were swept from him along with the light, he felt nothing but an all-encompassing sense of neutrality.

He wasn’t anyone for a second. He was nothing more then in existence. He realized that was what he had been his entire life. It was why he envied.

He was nothing…

He was Envy.


------------

Alright, my first posted one-shot! Thoughts and interpretations, anyone?

--An Angel’ s Wings