Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Ed and Roy, A Tale of Love ❯ Welcome Home, Alphonse ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Ed and Roy, A Tale of Love
Welcome Home, Alphonse

A/N: yeah it has been over 6 months since i updated, kinda lost track of time and reality anyway, hope ya like this chapter.

- - - - -

The ride home wasn't quite as bad as Edward thought it was going to be. His mother was not angry and she didn't yell. She was more shocked than anything else.

“Edward, tell me something.” Trisha said softly.

“Yes, mother?” Ed whispered.

“How long have you felt...attracted to males? And don't worry, I won't tell your father.” She glanced over at him, the traffic light was red.

Edward blushed and mumbled an answer, too low for her to hear.

“What? Speak up, hon.”

“A few years.” Edward looked at the window, wishing he was somewhere else. His mother remained silent as she continued to drive. Trisha then sighed and pulled into the driveway of their small house. 'Yes, this is actually no surprise. I guess I've known for sometime, the signs were getting obvious.' Trisha sighed again and got out of the car, walking to the front door.

“Hey, mom?” Ed called softly, closing the car door as he followed his mother.

“Yeah, Ed?” She took out the keys.

“What were you doing at White Castle anyway?”

His mother stopped, the key almost to the door. She seemed to be thinking of an answer and she was blushing.

“Well, I was--” She stopped then looked at her son, arching an eyebrow. “You're grounded, Edward.” Trisha then stepped into the house, leaving a stunned Ed behind. He stumbled over the threshold and looked at his mother in shock.

“What? Why?” He whined.

“You were supposed to be in school.” She answered, then went to the kitchen to start cooking dinner. “Go to your room, Edward. I'll call you when supper is ready.”

Ed looked at his feet and dragged himself up the stairs to his bedroom. 'Oh man. At least I'll see him tomorrow in school.' Edward dropped onto the lower bunk of the bed. It was still early, barely three o'clock. Ed smiled into his pillow, a smile that very rarely graced his lips. Sure, he was grounded but now his mother knew about him. He felt better. Edward felt his eyelids growing heavy and he didn't fight the feeling. He took the braid out of his hair just before he slipped off to sleep.

RRRRIIIINNNGGGG!

Ed jolted upright and would have banged his head on the bunk above, but he was too short. The clock read five twenty three. He heard the phone ring again and got up to answer when he heard his mother's voice drifting up the stairs and through his open door.

“Hello?...What? He's been waiting for months!...Yeah, sure, like I believe that. Just bring him home...Whatever. Bring my son home to me.”

The slam of the phone made Ed jump. He sneaked downstairs and saw his mother slamming things in the kitchen as if the pots and pans had done her wrong. He sighed and sat at the table. Only his father could ruin her mood, well, whatever mood was left to demolish. Through gritted teeth, Trisha told Ed that dinner would be ready in twenty minutes.

“And Al's coming home.”

Edward smiled, happy his little brother was coming home. The smiled turned to a frown as he realized he wasn't due home until next month. 'What's Dad's excuse this time?'

The phone rang again and Ed rushed to answer it but Trisha beat him to it.

“Hello?” She said, the anger evident in her voice. Her anger melted away as whoever was on the phone talked. “Oh. Yes, Edward is here...No, he can't talk right now. He's grounded. Who is this?...Roy?” Trisha arched an eyebrow and looked at Ed, who was frozen in the chair. “Yes, I will tell him you called...Good night.”

She hung up the phone and she grinned. She pulled up a chair and sat next to Ed.

“So. That was Roy. Is that the guy from White Castle?” Ed blushed and nodded, afraid to talk for his voice seemed to have left him. Trisha just chuckled. “Well, he sounded very nice.” She then went back to the kitchen and continued to cook.

Not five minutes later, the bell rang and Ed went to get it.

“Big brother!” Al launched himself at Ed, hugging him tight and laughing. It had been a few years since Al had grown taller than Ed, but it did not matter to Al, Ed would always be his big brother. After about a minute of the brothers' greeting, Ed noticed his father standing in the driveway.

“Go on, Al. Say hi to Mom.” He said to his brother without taking his eyes off his father.

Al ran to the kitchen where Trish could be heard laughing as Al hugged her and started talking about all that had happened since he went with his father a week ago.

“Hello, Hoenhiem.” Edward said rather coldly.

“You know I don't like when you call me that.” Said the tall man, stepping past Ed and into the house.

“And I don't like how you treated Mom.” Ed whispered under his breath so his father could not hear him, almost ashamed he couldn't say it to the man's face.

Trisha walked out of the kitchen with Al and froze when she saw her ex-husband. She whispered something to Al who nodded and went outside to his father's car, beckoning Ed to follow. Edward glared at Hoenhiem then followed Al to the car without a word.

“Hi, Trish.”

“Don't. Just don't. Leave as soon as the boys come back in.”

“Oh, come on. I said I was sorry.”

“That doesn't solve anything.”

Edward came in with a suitcase and Al followed with another and both made their way upstairs, their parents silent as they walked to the bedroom. Ed closed the door and started to help his little brother unpack.

“Just go, Hoenhiem.” She said resolutely, her hands on her hips.

“Okay, Trish. I'll call.” The blond turned and walked out the door.

“Don't bother.” Trish said just as the door closed. She sighed and went to the kitchen, shaking her head. 'The nerve of him. Leaving Al so he could go to Hawaii, probably with one of his little wenches. Bastard.'

“Edward! Alphonse! Dinner is ready! Don't worry about unpacking!”

The brother raced each other downstairs, with Ed winning of course. Al rushed to help Trisha with setting the table and Ed sat down. Once dinner was started, they all had a pleasant meal, though some delicate topics were deliberately avoided.

Once dinner was over, Edward and Alphonse helped their mother with the dishes. While Ed was washing the plates, Al was saying something but it was unheard as Ed began to zone out, thinking about Roy. 'He called me. But how did he get my phone number? I don't remember giving it to him...tomorrow's Friday..Then I won't see him for two whole days.'

“Are you okay, brother?” Al asked as Ed sighed.

“Hm? Yeah, I'm fine Al, just a little tired.”

“Go lay down then brother. I'll finish here.” Al smiled at his little big brother.

“No. That's okay, Al.”

The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful. When they were done they went to their room and watched television, Al talking about how their father took him to an amusement park and how Al wished Ed was there, too. Soon afterwards, Ed climbed to the top bunk and fell asleep, vaguely hearing Al's voice whisper “Goodnight, brother” as his thoughts drifted back to the best kisser in the whole world.

'Oh, Mustang.' Ed thought, just before he slipped off to sleep to have a dream he wouldn't remember in the morning.

- - - - -

A/N: okay, thats that. Next chapter is going to be the lemon! XD yesh, most definitely. I'm typing it now actually :D

Remember, show you like this story by reviewing!