Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Espionage: City of the Dead ❯ Encounters ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey!
 
Welcome once again to the next chapter. I hope you will enjoy this chapter after you have finished reading it. I can surely say that there is definitely more action in it. XD
 
GAHH! Onwards!
 
Disclaimer:
I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist, its characters as well as Resident Evil, the location and its plot and characters.
 
Please enjoy reading and don't forget to review!
 
Espionage: City of the Dead
Chapter Two
Encounters
 
Havoc released a tense breath, one that was wavering in his chest the whole time he was pulling the trigger. He was a Military Man and was used to things that involves firing guns and such but he had never faced an enemy like this, to be exact, he wasn't exactly sure what the enemy in this escapade was.
 
Lowering his gun, he stared at the body laying awkwardly on the floor a few steps away from him, the taunting soulless eyes of the creature looked as though it was glaring right back at him.
 
Shivering momentarily, he kicked the body and looked up at the dead end that presented itself.
 
Sprayed with dripping blood, the once white background of the wall was stained a thick red, clumps of collected scarlet humour sliding down to the floor where a dark pool of the liquid was gathering, protruding outwards into the corridor.
 
A once lime green chair was pressed against the wall, although now it was slightly ajar; but that didn't stop blood from staining it as a researcher was vitally attacked from a desolate creature. Dripping from the edge, the dark liquid hit against the dead body that it belonged to; the corpse mangled terribly, it had several large gashes across the stomach and chunks of flesh chewed off at the head, pulps of a curly organ hanging out from the red skull like a dead snake.
 
A mess of brown hair, mixed with the metallic tasting liquid, was fanned out on the red and white floor. The white lab coat of the male researcher was crimson red, material ripped from the seams. A book was lying on the ground near the chair, pages sprawling out of it, flecks of blood soaking into the white pages.
 
Havoc gulped, not really seeing before how violent the brainless monsters could actually be. He had been stuck in that room for some time and after finally managing to get out, he found the corridors and labs like this, bring freely roamed by horrid fiends.
 
The blonde had come to Raccoon City two months and three days ago; managing to worm his way into the labs to find the negotiations just two days after; it was also when he started his `job.'
 
He was searching in a room, one that was abundant in documents and similar things but nothing giving exact details about what he was looking for. It was at that moment when the security went off and the lab went into a shut down, blocking off all doors. He had been in that room for a week and if he hadn't been able to find a way out, he wouldn't have been wandering the halls now. It was also a bit of downer, wandering around the corridors, because he hadn't had a packet of cigarette's for a while, which happened to be one of his motivations to get out of the clambered room. His search for the smokes still continued although he also had other things on his mind that were of the same importance as the tobacco sticks.
 
Forcefully, he pushed water down his throat, the dry tube making him feel slightly sick, excluding all the horror he just saw.
 
Quickly, Havoc pressed the gun against his chest again and turned around, not glancing back at that distorted scene.
 
`I wasted four bullets then. Too much. I need to ration the ammo I have,' Havoc casually reminded himself, planning out his stock; walking passed the opening of the hallway he had just come from, he pushed aside some of the empty shells he fired with his shoe, the loud turning noise it made as it rolled away didn't affect him as he moved on.
 
Steadily, he made his way further down the corridor, turning a silent corner and meeting face to face with a long and narrow passage, a green ripe pot plant sitting happily in an indent by a doorway, which had a sign on it. Walking up to the door, Havoc read the words.
 
“Medical Unit #5?” he muttered quietly, his eyes resting on the silver knob on the door.
 
`Please be no creatures.'
 
His warm fingers wrapped around the chilly metal and he turned the knob slightly, hearing a soft click, signalling that it was unlocked.
 
Without a second thought, Havoc opened the door stealthily, walking into the room carefully. Still scanning ahead, he closed the wooden hinge behind him, aiming his Beretta at chest height at the empty room, prepared to shoot at anything that moved.
 
Blue eyes took in the state of the Medical unit.
 
`Clean. So far anyway.'
 
His gun still high, he moved forwards, brushing a thigh on the white bed that was in the middle of the small room with another larger space connected to it; desks and other several divans built in there as well.
 
Taking another step forwards and turning right, as to face the next room, he lowered his gun when he saw no movement, though his ears and eyes were still on the lookout.
 
Havoc walked up to a desk, documents and reports scattered over it and the small lamp that stood at the end was left on. A white phone was bleeping a green LTD and a photo was slipped under it.
 
Curious, Havoc pulled out the picture. There was a couple standing and smiling at the camera, the male had an arm wrapped around the female's waist and the woman appeared to have a large stomach, her loose clothes hanging over it like a cloth sagging over a table.
 
`Pregnant.'
 
He felt sore after seeing that picture; the person who worked at this desk was most likely a man and was probably looking forward to going home to his wife. The photo under the phone was probably a reminder to ring her but he didn't have the chance and if he did, the time he last saw her would have been the last time he'd ever see her.
 
`As if people with families work with Umbrella.'
 
Putting the photo back down, Havoc's eyes looked over the two drawers in the desk. He opened them both, one containing a gun but no ammo and the other just had other papers.
 
Taking the weapon from its storage, he put it into his lab pocket, the heavy weight giving an awkward feeling to his clothing.
 
`Shame there's no ammo.'
 
A sound resonated behind him and he swung around jerkily, his trusted Beretta at the same height as his chest. Nothing. He saw nothing.
 
`Jumpy.'
 
Darting his eyes everywhere between him and the exterior of the room, he began to relax slightly although his skin still tingled from the rush of excitement and low level fear.
 
Stealing a few steps forward, lowering his gun slightly, he scoped the room cautiously, moving on further to where the entrance of the Medical Unit was. Havoc peered around the white corner, the brown wooden door in his view; he was about to turn and search the room a bit more but he snapped his head back to the entry, a sharp strike of light from the corridor was spilling into the area.
 
Taking a breath, he looked up and around the ceiling but saw nothing out of the ordinary.
 
`There should be some Health Kits around here.'
 
Closing the door the rest of the way and making sure that it was securely sealed, he turned and investigated the rest of the room.
 
A pounding headache was brewing in his mind but he didn't notice it or he at least tried to ignore it. It was most probably going to start affecting his skills as a Military Man sometime soon, so he tried his best to put it out of his mind.
 
A few beads of sweat were trickling along his cheek bone as he searched all the drawers and cupboards in the room, his eyes slightly drowsy from all the action. He had come across several of the monsters, although the corridors stayed quite clean still.
 
Havoc finally got around to a glass cabinet, vials and such was on display from behind the clear material. He checked if it was open, put the sliding door wouldn't budge. Curling a hand into a fist, he punched through the glass, the sharp shards clattering to the floor around him and several splinters lodged itself into his skin. Little blood trickled from his knuckles and down his hand.
 
Pulling out his arm, he grabbed two kits that he saw at the back, why it was hidden behind locked windows was beyond him, perhaps because this Medical Unit didn't come across many patients.
 
The blonde had also finally noticed a bag hanging around a wooden chair by one of the beds; the stool was near the work desk that he searched through before, so it was probably likely that some type of supplies could be in.
 
Jogging to it, he picked it up and stuffed the medical kits into the saggy bag, slinging the carrier around his waist and tying it up, so it would not affect him as much as it would around his shoulder. The weight still felt quite weird but so did the gun that was stuffed into a pocket of his white lab coat.
 
`Damn it. Wish I had a cig at the moment,' he wished, moving the tip of a finger across his moist lips.
 
Break
 
Leon stared out his car longer, a green light flickering on instead of red and he pushed the car into motion. He was thinking about what Ed said about losing contact, it was something he hadn't thought of before. He had rung Raccoon City police station a few times a few miles out of the town and received no answer but he didn't think anything of it.
 
He ran a hand through his hair, turning the corner onto a street he knew would lead them to the Police Station.
 
“Still no one here,” he heard Ed mutter loudly.
 
“Maybe they are at some place but… the whole City at once?” Leon suggested but eliminated the thought immediately.
 
Edward looked over at the cop, the shallow light that was present from the outside street lights illuminated a bit of Leon's features. He had an auburn type of hair, a mix between brown and red, and it was short, just passing his chin. His clothes were of the City's police station attire and he had a gun, a Beretta, in a holster on his waist.
 
Leon was too transfixed with other things to really notice what was going on, on the road. He hadn't notice two shadows up ahead at a crossing, next to a street light that had wiring poking out, blue static sparkling, until Alphonse had cried out again.
 
“Look out!”
 
“Not again!”
 
“Shit!” for the third time that night, Leon pressed his boot on the brakes, skidding to a halt in front of the two people that were illuminated by the headlights of the jeep.
 
“You have a habit of doing that, don't you?” Ed slyly spoke, scratching his temple with a finger.
 
“Yeah, well.”
“Hey, people!” Alphonse chirped, raising a metal hand and pointing at the two limping figures as they were passing the jeep.
 
One was a female and the other was a male, most likely a couple strolling around in the night. However, their posture was bent and their walking was staggering, like they were drunk. The skirt of the female was torn and dirty; the yellow material looked a darker shade then what it originally was. The male was wearing a black coat, one that reached to his waist, and dark pants.
 
“Drunk?” Ed read Leon's mind.
 
“Probably. There's a bar two blocks up from the direction they came from,” Leon remembered. “Should we ask them where everyone is?”
 
Ed and Al stiffly nodded, a queasy feeling growing in their gut and mind; Leon had the same feeling too but dismissed it, however, he was still aware of it.
 
“I'll go, you two stay here,” the cop ordered `kindly' and opened his door, getting out before the two brothers could retort.
 
“Shouldn't we help, brother?”
 
“Nah. He said for us to wait here,” Ed smiled, leaning back in his chair and propping his feet up onto the front of the car, watching as Leon's back disappeared around the corner the couple had walked passed.
 
Around 30 seconds had passed before Ed noticed something strange as he looked out his window. A dark pool of shimmering liquid was on the foot path near him and smears of it were leading around the corner. He looked up at the light above him that was still crackling with electricity, as though just recently the wiring had been torn apart and the power was still on; but it was true, the power was still on around the City.
 
Ed scrambled to the other side of the car, looking out Leon's window and up at the bright light.
 
“What is it, Ed?” Alphonse asked, watching the older Elric move.
 
“Al, let's get out of the car. I want to see something,” Ed told his younger brother, looking back through his old window and staring at the stuff on the footpath.
 
“But you and Leon said to stay-“
 
“Forget what we said!”
 
Al looked up surprised but began to shuffle out of the tight fit, kicking at the jeep door with his metal foot. Ed clambered out of it at lightning speed and headed for the substance on the foot path, dipping his fingers in it, he brought it to himself for inspection.
 
“Blood,” he muttered, jolting to look back at Alphonse who flung the door off its hinges but still getting out and heading over to Ed.
 
“What's wrong, brother?” he asked, scared.
 
Ed wiped his fingers into the blood again, rubbing the tips together to feel the texture of the substance,
 
“Tepid…” he identified, narrowing his eyes.
 
“What?”
 
“…and fresh.”
 
Break
 
“Where'd they go?” Leon asked himself, looking around hastily on the streets.
 
The couple that he had sighted before, along with Ed and Al, had mysteriously disappeared and the street was long so there was hardly any places to cut through; albeit, it was possible for them to enter alley ways.
 
The cop sighed, resting his weight on one foot and putting a hand on his hip, waiting patiently for someone to come.
 
He heard something rolling and he became more alert, scanning the streets for any sign of movement. Taking a few steps forward, he stopped in front of a narrow alley way; grey bins at the mouth with black bags piled on top and behind them.
 
Facing his back to it, so he faced the street, he had his hand wavering over his gun. Leon had it a while ago; the feeling and sensation that he was being watched or stalked, hunted. It confused him and made his chest waver in slight fright but also awareness.
 
A few seconds passed, maybe one or two and he felt something fall on his back, pushing him to the pathway with a heavy weight.
 
“Shit!” he yelled, grabbing onto the arms that wrapped around his neck, he could feel a rotting breath fly over his skin and be swallowed up by his nose as he breathed in hastily.
 
He fell to the ground, the thing on his back moaning loudly and gurgling. The cop managed to twist around to face his attacker but the next thing he knew, his vision was splattered with blood, blinding him; the red muck stinging his eyes as he tried to blink the liquid away, as well as the pain.
 
He yelled, kicking and flailing, the arms of the person on him were trying to grab a decent hold but Leon wouldn't give up, he couldn't.
 
Clenching his teeth tightly, he punched more, managing to score a hit in the stomach of the attacker. Taking this as an advantage, since the person's actions had wavered, Leon flung the body off of him, his body suddenly feeling light.
 
He jumped to his feet, trying his best to face the thing that attacked him but all he could see was red and a dark outline of something clumsily getting up off the floor. He wiped his face, but that caused more stinging and he gasped a bit, looking away and burying his head into his hand, trying to get red of the liquid that was staining him.
 
Wiping his arm sleeve over his face, he heard another moan and loud shuffling noises, the rolling sound he heard before was once again resonated and Leon attempted to look up, to see what he was facing.
 
He gasped, only when he felt several hands run along his neck and body.
 
Hooray! Second chapter over! I hope you liked and hopefully it was also quite entertaining. We're finally getting into the more… errr… action packed part. Although, it won't always be like this.
 
Here are some insider lines of the next coming chapter. Stick around!
++--
“I don't think even the Colonel thought it was this bad.”
---
“You're lucky you're not smelling this stuff.”
---
“It's probably what the Ishbal War looked like.”
---
“Brother! Use Alchemy!”
---
“It reminded me of Mum's body after we-“
 
“Don't Al!”
---
“AL!”
++--
Please review! Muchly appreciated.
 
-Ciao-
Daark~Monkey!