Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ FullMetal Wolf ❯ Chapter 3: Another Transformation and an Almost Escape, Resulting in Capture ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well… What did you think? Did you like it? Come on, people, throw me a bone! I’m dying from lack of reviews! PLEASE!!!!

:Roy: Well, maybe if you’d put more descriptions in… but… you’re bad at descriptions.

:Shinu: Shut up, Roy. I don’t need one of your lectures!

Anyone need a recap? No? Good, cause you’re getting one anyway.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own FMA, or the characters, though I wish I owned Roy. However, I don’t, so I’m stuck writing things like this. Got a problem, talk to management. Which happens to be me!

Just a little reminder to you all!

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING….”=speech
‘What the…’=thoughts
‘Well…:=melding of thoughts and conscious/inner voice
:I suppose…:=inner voice/conscious

And a few new ones, just to mess with you all!

-Hello there. My name is Roy Mustang! Nice to meet you.-=French
/Go to hell, Colonel!/ = Latin

These two will come up later in the story, so be watchful. It’s interesting to think about… But… whatever! They come up. I have warned thee of these, and now I warn thee of something else… BABIES! :laughs evilly: May you all wonder who… HAHAHAHHA~


Christian ran up to Roy and put a shield up around them, just in case. However, Roy missed. Lust had already left, having not been able to claim her prize. However, on the floor, gently crisped from Roy's flames, lay a piece of paper. Christian put Embardon on the couch and rushed for the paper.

It read: ' You may have won this time, Shrift, but someday, your little friends won't be there to help you, and we will get you.' There was no signature. His hands shook and he tore the paper into shreds "LEAVE ME BE!" Faint laughter was his only reply, and for a while, they left him. He grabbed at his head again, shaking still. Roy carefully led him to the guest room, and he and Ed silently prepared it for him to rest.

An unspoken agreement between the two was that one of them would always be standing guard close by.

Christian looked up a Roy "I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have come...."

"Nonsense. You did the right thing." Roy attempted to comfort him, but did poorly with both a bandaged hand and foot.

Chris shook his head. "I....I should have died then.... but," he whispered. Roy covered his mouth before he could continue. “No one deserves to die, Christian. You must never think that way.”


Chapter 3: Another Transformation and an Almost Escape, Resulting in Capture

Christian continued to shake.

"I'm going to bed now, Mustang. I’ll make myself a bed in the kitchen." What he meant was, "Mustang, you're hurt, go to bed and sleep, I've got it tonight."

Christian went ahead to his room. Roy silently nodded, and went to his room to rest, reading the look in Ed's eyes that said the opposite of what his voice did. Edward remained outside Christian's door. Christian let his hair lose and placed his shoes under his bed before getting in. Downstairs, on the couch, Embardon woke alone, and freaked out. She rushed upstairs to find comfort in Edward's arms. Christian waited for the house to become quiet.
"I'm so scared, brother," she whimpered.

"It's all right, Embar, I'm here," Edward replied.

"You ought to sleep... here's a blanket and pillow. I'll be fine, just go," Edward said, sending her to the haven of the room he had thrown his stuff into in a haste to get downstairs and apologize to Embardon. She took his advice, and leaned against the door with one less of each the pillows and blankets he had gotten. Christian herd all this and sighed. Now was as good a time as any. He got out of bed and put his shoes on, leaving his hair down as he headed for the window.

The door slammed open. "You aren't leaving. Roy told you to stay, and stay you shall," Edward snapped at him, clapping his hands together and onto the ground, blocking all exits from the room except the one he was standing in front of with pieces of the house itself. Christian froze Ed and everything he was doing, stopping him midway. Edward couldn't be stopped, because at that moment, Embardon burst into the room and tackled Christian, stopping him from doing anything.

Christian flung her of and froze them both now. "Please stop...."

Using spur of the moment twin mind synchronization, the broke his freezing, and continued what they were doing. Christian growled, his body starting to glow. He blocked their minds, cutting off all communication to their bodies and each other. They both mentally pounded on his barriers, refusing to give up. Just then, Roy came in. "Christian. What are you doing? I thought I told you to stay here. You'll be safer here than if you leave."

He shook his head "I don't care anymore" he froze Roy as well. Though frozen, Roy's eyes burned. They said, 'If you leave, you leave forever, and you will never set foot in this house again, and I will NEVER speak to you again. You're being stupid.' The deeper message was this: 'If you leave, you really will die, and I don't want you to die.'

Christian frowned and walked up to Roy. He closed his eyes and hugged him "I'm sorry Roy...... but you're the only family I have left..... And.... if something happened because of me....." he trailed off. Christian pulled away and took off. The obsidian eyes burned brighter, seeming to turn red. The front door could be slamming shut. About five minutes later Christian's grip on them released, he was out of range. About two seconds after Christian walked out of the front door, Roy's eyes changed from their anger state to great fear. Embar had begun to transform into something very large, with wings, and was tearing apart Roy's house. Once placed back in their bodies, and being able to move, Ed and Roy did two different things. Roy fainted, and Edward freaked out, and jumped on the dragon's leg, trying to calm it, yelling, "EMBAR! I UNDERSTAND! YOU'RE NOT ALONE… CALM DOWN!"

Christian looked back and frowned at the sight but kept going.

The dragon took to the air, Edward clinging to its leg, and followed Christian. It roared, and swooped down, grabbing him in its claw. Or at least it would have had he not put up a barrier. Instead, it slammed against the barrier, breathing flame on it. It clawed and raked furiously at the barrier to be sure that it kept Christian’s attention. He continued, going even faster than you would think he could. The dragon thrashed harder against the barrier, causing it to bend and flux. Christian flinched and stopped, turning around. "Stop..." he pleaded.

It glared defiantly at him, with a very Elric-esque (:Shinu: Our spelling sucks, ne? :FierceWolf: You said it, woman, not me. :Roy: Actually, your spelling is quite good. :Shinu: Is that a compliment coming from you, Roy? :Roy: Possibly… :FierceWolf: ::lays hand on Roy’s forehead:: Are you sure you’re feeling okay?) look and continued to beat on the barrier.

"Please..... Stop."

It disregarded his words, and continued to thrash and fight against the barrier. He looked up at her; to tell you the truth he looked pitiful. A voice that felt as if it could have broken his barrier easily issued forth. It came directly into his mind. 'Then behave, and heed your friends’ advice. I would know. You just turned me into a dragon, you jerk.' The dragon continued to pound on the barrier.

'I'm sorry.... but.... you don't understand.'

'What can I understand? You won't LET me understand. Perhaps you ought to give us a chance to throw you out before you run away?' The incessant pounding continued, now joined by Edward. He yelled, "Christian, come back!"

Christian grabbed at his head. Images started flooding Embardon's mind through the link. His family, Mother, Father, little brother, elder sister, her husband, their two year old.... Roy's mother. He saw all of them die; this is what she saw now, all of this, through his eyes.

'This is not your fault. You could stop them no more than you did tonight. If you leave, then surely both you AND Roy will die. Don't you understand that? They'll use him as bait to lure you there, then kill him, and kill you, or use you however they mean to,' Her beautiful, powerful voice floated throughout the memories flowing between them.

Christian shook his head rapidly, tears flowing from his shut eyes. 'I'll go there..... First.....'

'No, that would just be giving in. Are you so weak as to give them what they want, Shrift?' Her voice, once beautiful, was now terrifying, though still amazingly powerful.

He nodded. 'Better than anyone else getting hurt...'

'Then you are a fool. If you give in, they'll STILL kill Roy. Don't you realize that? They want you to be completely humiliated! YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! YOU'RE SO WILLING TO DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT FOR OTHERS, BUT YOU DON'T THINK WHETHER OR NOT THEY THINK IT'S RIGHT FOR THEM! I ought to let you go, and let Roy die, but that would break Edward's heart.' She pounded harder.

Christian grabbed his head harder, his headache coming on full blast. 'I'm sorry.....' He looked at her again before his vision became blurry and he passed out, falling to the ground. As this happened, his barrier fell. She walked slowly to him, scooped him up in her claw, and carried him back to what used to be Roy's house. Upon returning to the house, she pinned Christian down with one foot so that he could not run again.

Edward had previously returned to the ruined house, and was attempting to wake Roy up. He’d never seen Roy faint before, and it had scared him.

Christian continued to lay unconscious. She kept careful watch over him, not breaking the dim link that connected Christian to the real world. She made sure that he would be safe.

Roy hazed in and out of consciousness.

Christian mumbled something in his unconscious state. Edward, his hearing now being more acute, caught a few snippets of it. (:FierceWolf: Yeah, yeah, we’ve heard it all before. Blame it on us wolves!) He mumbled something about his father. The words cruel, pain, and blood were also herd. Edward felt sympathy, and a little bit of jealousy over it. He had never known his father that well. Christian stirred a bit but stayed out.

Edward went back to desperately trying to wake Roy up. Finally, he broke down, and did what he'd been dying to do for nearly a month now. (Here comes a whammy! RoyxEd haters out there: please don’t kill me! I was asked to write it this way.) He kissed Roy on the lips. Roy jolted awake, staring wide eyed into Edward's face. Somehow Christian had sensed this and was smirking a bit; probably because he could see it through Embardon’s eyes. Said person made a funny sound that could be identified as laughter at the Colonel's "plight." Christian's smirk turned into a smile, a true one for once.

Roy had started kissing Edward back. He nibbled on Ed’s bottom lip, and received entrance. Edward moaned against Roy. Roy felt something press into his stomach, and it wasn’t a hand, or any other body part that usually would have pressed against him. He started to react, and the kiss turned violently passionate. Edward started to pant, and mumble, his lips moving against Roy’s. They surfaced for air, and Roy planted kisses down Edward’s neck. Edward moaned a bit, and suddenly pushed away from Roy, but was pulled back. This time, Roy was the one who started the kiss, and Edward was the one who won dominance. The next time they surfaced for air, Edward escaped from Roy’s arms. He staggered backwards, and ran off, confusing Roy. "WHAT THE HELL, EDWARD! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!" Roy got up, and staggered after him.

Christian shifted again, well, as best as he could, considering the claw holding him down. Embardon looked down to see how he was doing. He was still out, face scrunched up a bit. He wanted to wake up but couldn't. She gently tugged on his consciousness through the link, as if to say, "Look, here's the way back."

Christian’s eyes fluttered open but snapped shut again. His head felt like it was being ripped apart and the little light there was wasn't helping. (:Kitusna-chan: Think migraine x 20.) Embardon shifted to block the light, and carefully lifted her foot. Being a dragon had some uses. He curled up. "Thank.....you..." he whispered.

'Your welcome, little human,' her voice whispered in his mind, having a soothing effect. He cracked his eyes open and looked into hers. They were still a stunning forest green, and her scales were of the blackest ebony.

'Why are you.... still a dragon?'

'Because it's still useful. For instance, if you try and run away again, I can pin you down. You gave us all a good scare.' He looked away, ashamed now. 'Do not be ashamed. You were under a great deal of stress. It's understandable. People do stupid things under stress. Take me for example. I tried to kill a man using alchemy, and I ended up being harmed as well.'

He closed his eyes 'I'm stupid... plain and simple...'

'No, you're not stupid. You would not be blessed with this gift if you were stupid. It takes a great deal of intelligence to know when to use your powers and when not to. I learned that the hard way.'

'I shouldn't have come here.... I shouldn't have dragged you all into this...'

'Don't think like that. If you think like that, I'll sit on you.'

He looked at her. 'You were hurt because of me....'

'No, I was hurt because of the greed of others; because they made the choice to hurt me. You are not allowed to take the blame. Transforming causes little pain.'

'Lust.... hurt you... to get to me.....'

'SHE made that choice. You did not grab a pot and knock me out. You did not know she'd do it; you could not have stopped it. It's not your fault.'

He closed his eyes again. 'I'm sorry…'

'Don't be. It's not your fault." As she said this, a cloud came over the sun, and she melted back into her human form, and stroked his hair, and sat in the way of the sun. The fact that the sun was out indicated just how long everyone had argued and fought that night and day.

He smiled a bit. 'Thank you...'

"No problem." She smiled her dazzling smile, and then called for help, knowing from being in dragon form that Roy and Ed were nearby, arguing quietly, softly saying, “Roy, Ed, he's awake, and having hangover symptoms. We need to get him into what's left of Roy's house." Christian grabbed at his head, rubbing his temples a bit.

The non-hangover-symptom-experiencing (I had a brain fart here…. Sorry….) boys came, and helped her to lift Christian, and carry him inside out of the sunlight. He kept his head bowed and eyes closed, trying to help by walking a bit but failing miserably. Edward sat on Embar’s shoulders so that they could help hold Christian’s body up.

"It's okay, Christian, you just relax." Roy's voice floated like dust motes in the sunlight. He groaned in response, the room starting to spin regardless of his closed eyes. They supported him, carrying him into what was left of the kitchen, and laid him on the floor, placing a pillow under his head and covering his body with a blanket. Roy then hobbled off to cover all of the windows, and fetch some extremely potent hangover remedies.

Christian curled up into a ball, face paling. "Who..... Spun the room?" In a nearly inaudible whisper, Edward whispered, "No one. If anything, blame your head. I would know... Roy once tricked me into drinking alcohol... which I STILL haven't forgiven your for, by the way... and the room did that after the first drink."

He groaned "I did.... too much... I think..."

In the same voice, Edward whispered, “Just a bit." Christian chuckled a bit and cracked his one eye opened to look at Ed, despite the fact that he too was spinning. Edward's tank top that he had been wearing was torn where Roy had tried to stop him from running away, revealing a lean, hardened frame that was unnatural for one so young. He was looking at the floor, embarrassed, thinking that somehow he caused Christian to run away, and that it was his fault.

Christian closed his eye again. 'Thank you Edward.' He tried to speak to him, his links were very weak however, and telepathy wasn't his strong point.

Edward jumped slightly, and responded in his nearly nonexistent voice. "What do you mean...? I chased you away. It's all my fault."

'It was not because of you.... I just... don't want anyone to be hurt..... Especially Roy...... He's all I have left....'

"But... I was so mean to you... because... you were so close to Roy, and... I couldn't be."

'You weren't mean...... I understand....'

"But..." And then Edward broke down, from lack of sleep, and slid to the floor, whimpering. He was tired, and his life was now, officially, royally screwed. He was having a romantic affair with his superior, and a guy, no less. If anyone found out, they were dead.

Christian opened his eyes again, feeling a bit better. 'You were just jealous is all.... but really.... thank you.... Edward....' He smiled a bit.

"But what did I do?" He was muttering, half asleep.

'You've helped him....'

"Roy? Huh?" But speaking to Edward was pointless at that point, because he fell asleep. Christian sat up slowly and moved to Ed. He pulled his pillow and blanket over and gently moved the slightly younger man so his head rested on the pillow. He then covered him up, still smiling slightly.

"Are you sure you're okay, Christian?" Roy queried.

Christian nodded slowly. "Nothing..... I can't.... handle," he spoke slowly and quietly. He turned and sat on the floor, back against the wall.

"You sure you don't want some headache remedies?"

"Won't work..."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Drained my power.... is all.... I'll be ok..." He still wasn't looking at Roy

"Christian... You're... I..." Roy couldn't bring himself to say what he wanted to say, and just sat in a chair.

Christian closed his eyes "I'm sorry.... for everything...."

"I... Just..." Roy still couldn't talk properly. He sighed, not knowing what else to say.

Embardon, nearly as asleep as Edward was, softly said, "I already told you, Christian, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known." She yawned deeply, starting to shake on her feet from exhaustion.

"I know....." Christian responded.

Embardon then collapsed with exhaustion, ending up across Edward's stomach. Edward grunted, and emitted a soft snore before shifting slightly.

Roy was staring at Christian with a strange look on his face.

Christian ventured a look. "What?" He had never seen that look before.

"Edward... Wasn't just talking to himself, was he?" Roy looked at him again with the same unreadable look.

Christian shook his head.

"You... talked to him... I wonder... but maybe I don't want to know." Roy looked away slightly, still looking strange. He wasn’t sure that he wanted to face the fact that he was in love with Edward Elric.

He smiled a bit "I told him thank you...."

"That wasn't all... but..." Roy’s voice trailed off, and he looked a little further away, though not too far away.

"But?"

"Nothing." Roy was once more disconnecting himself, like he was famous for; disconnecting himself from life.

Christian frowned a bit, and said, "Fine.... stay clammy....."

"Hmm?" Roy looked at him. He didn’t remember that Christian had used to tease him that way when they were younger. He had also been lost in his own thoughts.

"You herd me..... Stay clammy,” Christian retorted. It started to come back to Roy now.

Roy laughed softly. "I'd forgotten that you used to tease me like that. It has been a while." Christian had always called him that when he would clam up to avoid saying something.

Christian smiled a bit. "It has.... but it always seemed to work before.”

Roy smiled as well. "Always. I was going to say… he said my name. I wonder what that was about."

"You've changed; I noticed....." Christian remained looking at Roy.

"Being in the military-killing innocent people because you've been told to-will do that to you." Roy once more tried to evade the topic of discussion, not really wanting to think about it right now. He didn’t want to think at all, right now.

"Not what I mean...." Christian’s voice brought him back to the point of the discussion.

"What do you mean?" Roy tried to act like he had no clue what Christian meant.

Said person looked at him. "You're happy...."

"Hmm. Sometimes." Roy was still trying to evade the topic, and sink into his thoughts and avoid the pain that he was feeling. ‘Isn’t the first time, won’t be the last,’ he thought to himself.

"Does he make you happy?" Christian’s voice entered his thoughts once more, snapping Roy out of his mental evasiveness.

"What?" Roy was not expecting the question. He had just truly realized his feelings for Edward a few hours ago. “You… I… Edward… Well…” It had been thrown in his face, just like that, and he had nothing productive to say against or for it.

Christian smiled knowingly, and said, "I think he does...."

"I... Guess we'll see, won't we?" Roy was still analyzing it, but he was slowly coming to accept it. It was wrong; he knew, had been taught all his childhood, that what he felt was wrong, but it felt so right when it came to Edward.

"We know each other better than we know ourselves... remember? Hard to hide things from me..." Christian attempted to make Roy come back to reality, and to talk to him.

"Yeah. It is. And I'll always know when you're going to do something stupid. It's just the way we are." Roy agreed with him, starting to focus more on the here and now.

Christian nodded. "I do a lot of stupid things..... Sister said it is the right given to me as a sixteen year old...."

Roy chuckled painfully. "You miss them, don't you?" He wished that even his father had come to visit with Christian. He had no clue what had really happened.

The psychic man nodded. "I do.... I feel guilty..... I could have helped...."

"Helped? What do you mean?" Roy’s look turned from confused happiness to just plain confusion.

Christian looked away "I told you.... you're all I have left....."

"You mean... They're all... I'm so sorry, Christian, I didn't understand." He got out of his chair, went to his cousin, and sat beside him, hugging him comfortingly.

Christian tensed up a bit, saying "Its Father’s fault...."

"Tell me. Everything,” Roy responded brokenly, almost not wanting to hear about it.

Christian took in a deep breath, and told Roy all. Roy listened patiently. "Father.... got word of the philosopher’s stone..... He figured if he had one.... he could use it.... for multiple things...... He struck a deal with them.... Over time he changed.... He became violent, abusive, greedy.... he was angered easy and would hit us... mostly me..... Then.... one day... on my way home... I her little Sarah screaming.... I ran in..." He took another breath "Father was dead.... I saw mother slain.... I ran up the stares, trying to get to the baby and sister and Justin.... I used my powers... or tried to... but they wouldn't work... When I got there sister lay dead next to her husband... Your mother was there, covering the children..... I tried.... but....."

Roy silently let his tears flow, and comforted Christian at the same time. "It's not your fault. You're right. Directly and indirectly, the fault is... was... Uncle's."

Christian bowed his head, he couldn’t cry at the moment. "I don't know why.... but they let me go... and now they're after me..."

"They probably spared you because you have a gift they think could aid them..." Roy's voice faded off as his body shook slightly with tears. Christian hugged his cousin, saying no more. Together they sat on the floor against the wall, each expressing their pain in their own way. Unnoticed by Roy or Chris, Edward, being asleep and more sensitive, cringed away from their sorrow in their sleep, causing Embardon to cringe from the feelings he felt.

"Her name is Odium....." Christian spoke quietly.
"Odium... It fits. We'll warn the military about her..." Both Roy and Christian had forgotten that this information had already been shared. However, neither of them knew where Odium had come from.

Christian nodded, saying, "Right...."

"She won't be getting away with too much anytime soon." Roy’s tears stopped, and he wiped his eyes. Christian smiled a bit but if was far from the smiles he used to give. Roy smiled a very different smile than his normal one as well. Christian tapped Roy's nose for some strange reason. "What was that for?" Roy sat back, releasing Christian from their hug.

Christian chuckled "I felt like it"

Roy chuckled as well. "Well, I think we ought to get a bit of sleep. The least we could do."

"I slept the night before i got here," Christian tried to give an excuse, but Roy caught it, though he didn’t do much about it.

"You can't go without sleep. It's not healthy... What am I talking about! I skip sleep all the time!!" Roy laughed; he spoke like a true insomniac. (:FierceWolf: At this point, you have NO idea how much sleep your in for, Mustang! :Roy: ::sarcastically:: I look forward to every second.)
Christian laughed as well; he was slowly starting to return to his normal self. "See?"

"All right... Looks like we'd better make some coffee... Aww, shit." Roy's bandage on his foot had come loose, and he was bleeding again. ‘Stupid teacup.’

Christian got up stumbling a bit. "Hold that thought clammy... I'll be right back." He then went to see if he could salvage anything similar to a first aid kit. Roy chuckled slightly at the teasing, and sat still, waiting for Christian to come back.

He returned a few minutes later. "It survived" he said, holding out the first aid kit and plopping down in front of Roy.

"Joy," Roy stated jokingly. He wasn't fond of the case the kit was in. It had the main character from a small, mind numbingly pointless comic on the front, and he still would never admit that he had begged his mother to get it for him.

"Rapture!" (A/N: Okay, can you blame for this one after watching FMA Randomness on YouTube? ::finishes subconsciously, and only half started quote:: I've got a brain!"-Edward Elric clip/Random voice file. ::audience boos, but does nothing:: No, I thought not!)Christian said with enthusiasm as he pulled the old bandages off and started to clean.

Roy gritted his teeth. "That stings. Isn't there anything better in that thing?" He didn’t like the thing, but stinging was worse than seeing that comic strip character, Ranma. (YES! I am evil! I have thrown a part of another show into this one! Rumiko Takahashi owns Ranma, though… So no killee, because I’ve warned you, and obviously, I am NOT Rumiko Takahashi. If I were, I wouldn’t be writing this.)

"Oh quit being a baby!" Christian blew his hair out of his face, tongue sticking back out of the side of hit mouth as he worked. It was a habit he still hadn't broken.

"Well, it does!" Roy fake pouted at being called a baby. He also chuckled a bit, laughing at the fact that Christian hadn't broken that old habit yet. "I see you still insult people while helping them." He couldn’t help reminding Christian that he had yet to break some annoying habits.

Christian poked Roy with the cleaning cloth harder. "Shut up!" He teased back, "Or I will cause more pain!"

Roy looked at him with mock horror. "No, not more pain! Anything but that!" He then laughed. It was a full throated, genuine laugh. One of the few Roy ever gave.

Christian glared playfully and held out the bottle of antiseptic. "Do you forget... I have the stingy stuff!"

Roy's mock horror returned. Playfully, he pseudo-lamented quietly, "NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THE STINGY STUFF!" He put his head in his undamaged hand and fake-cried while Christian continued to clean his wound.

Christian laughed at Roy falling onto his shoulder. Roy laughed again, causing Edward and Embardon to stir.

"You're.....a..... Ho-horrible actor.... you know... that?" Christian said between laughs.

"I.... kn....know!" Roy said similarly.

Christian calmed himself and pulled back, wiping the tears from his face. "Oh.... That was... fun...” He grabbed the bandages and started to re-wrap Roy's foot. ”But seriously this time..... Do not mess up my mastery of first aid!"

Roy calmed himself as well. "Okay, I won't." Edward twitched, but remained asleep.

Christian nodded. "Good."
Roy smiled. "I haven't had that much fun since the day I moved out because I joined the army!"

"That wasn't fun.... unless you count the water fight we had to christian this place," Christian smirked at this comment.

"That's what I meant. Ooh, but I didn't think it fun at the time... we only ended up having a water fight because you kept spraying me with the hose so I couldn't perform alchemy! I was so mad at you..." Roy grinned, though it was more of a smirk as well.

Christian chuckled "I was showing off under your nose.”

"I recognize it now. That's part of what makes it funny." Roy still had a hard time grasping the fact the Christian was a psychic.

Christian nodded, sitting back beside him. "I also... didn't want you to leave..."

"I know. That I knew the whole time. And part of why I was mad at you was because I knew that, and knew that I had to leave, to get away from Father." Roy frowned at the memory of his freeloading father, the reason that he and his mother had lived with Christian’s family. (Yes, you all will flame me for doing these things, but it makes my story work, so screw you, flamers! Besides… I like tacos, and pizza… and cake…)

Christian nodded "I know....." He stood back up. "Hungry?"

"Very. You?" Roy responded brokenly, still thinking of his father, though the memory quickly faded.

Christian nodded "What shall I cook?"

Putting on a pseudo-royalty/nobility voice, Roy said, "Make me some oatmeal, Christian!" He then grinned broadly. He had said this using the little “royalty” dismissal hand gestures that accompanied it, just to make fun of Christian.

"Well you're a simple one." Christian stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah, I am." Roy bit back a snappy retort. Oatmeal was one of his favorite meals. "You know, I'd make it myself, but you're probably going to make me sit, and, like Edward said, my cooking sucks. There, I admit it." He still couldn’t keep back a semi-normal retort.

Christian nodded and set about cooking, saying, "I'm surprised you haven't improved..."

"I've never had to... Didn't get put on cooking duty much during.... Well, I didn't, and now mostly I eat at restaurants or the mess." Roy shrugged, got up, and sat in a chair, waiting for the oatmeal to cook, wincing when his newly cleaned and bandaged foot touched the ground.

"God you're helpless." Christian teased.

"You forget. I'm a scientist. We scientists don't believe in improvable ideas like God. So of course I'm helpless. Not like He can help me!" Roy was teasing right back.

Christian laughed at this as he cut up some fruit, the oatmeal set to cook. "Must you take things so literally, Roy?"

"I though you of all people would recognize a joke!" Roy looked at Christian, slightly amused, his obsidian eyes sparkling.


Lena M: I’m glad you liked it! Thanks for reviewing! I guess you could say that this one is the most boring chapter… and even then it’s exciting! So... Thanks!

Lina: Thanks for the tips! As you can see… I’m working on the descriptions… Things flow a little too fast to describe things much. I’m glad you liked it! So go ahead, feel free to indulge in more!
Kitsuna-chan: Thanks for helping me out, Suna. Couldn’t have done it without you! Much fun!

GrayPheonix: Thanks for the tips, my friend. You see, these things aren’t meant to flow nicely. They’ve got to stand out. I know my description’s suck. It’s something I’ve always been bad at when making a story flow. I’m better at writing essays! I’m glad you think it was good! ::smiles:: I love having people review. Thanks for the tips.

ShockWaveAlchemist69: Thanks a bunch! I’m sorry it confused you. Things will be explained better later on. I promise! It’s rough at the beginning. As soon as I get into the story more, It’ll be better! Sorry for having confused you peeps who’ve already reviewed this chappie as well, because it got messed up!
MAIDEN OF TIME AND SPACE: I’m glad you like! Feel free to read and review any time! I lurve reviews. I suppose I could be classified as a review whore! But that’s just me! I lurve my reviews, and die without them. I almost didn’t finish this for fear of not getting decent review time! Another thing I’d like to state. It’s funny. Yeah, I call myself Shinu, but my real name… is the same as yours, Kat! HAHA! Well, it’s nice to meet a fellow feline! ::j/k::

For all you non-reviewing peoples… If you want to see your names here, you gotta review! So R&R! Or I shall sic my cat upon you, and she will sleep on your heads! Actually, she’d probably just meow, but… I’ve always wanted to say that… Once more… R&R!!