Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Intuition ❯ The Propasal ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Alright, this is my first fic after the Kill Inuyasha volumes. If you like it, review. My spelling and grammar aren't that great let me warn you. But it won't be one of those misspelled stories. Also, this is my first Fullmetal Alchemist fic so please be nice! Also, there is an OC character in this story. It does seem like a made this story becuase I'm homophobic and that's not true, I like all people so I hope this doesn't offend anybody.Enjoy the story!!!!!!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


INTUITION

Follow your heartYour intuitionIt will lead you in the right directionLet go of your mindYour IntuitionIt's easy to findJust follow your heart baby


CHAPTER 9: PROPOSAL



So, it went on like that. Ed and Roy going out on dates and Amanda disappared during each time they went on a date. When she returned, she would always have some kind of strange mark or bruise on her body. Manda's Ma still wanted to know where the kickey came from. Amanda just couldn't bring herself to tell her. She waited to Ed's 18th birthday to reveal her secret.
Val was always questioning her about where she went. The only answer she could get was a long smoove sigh. She was preparing dinner the old fashioned way. She was cooking it. Val was out getting a cake. She wasn't going to a good cake with her bad cooking skills. Plus, Ed had said he wanted to know if she could cook. Maes Hughes had taken a raincheck after hearing about Amanda's bad cooking.

He had later said he didn't want his beautiful daughter so get sick and vomit because of somebody's bad food. Val sure wasn't keeping quiet about it either. Every chance she got, she would tell that story where Amanda had tried to cook for her parents and they had poured in her mother's purse. Amanda was trying to sing while she cooked. That's why everyone volunteered to go out. Ed and Al were with Roy, Val getting the cake.

Amanda thought all the quietness was peaceful. Nobody was there to judge her singing and dancing. She could sing and dance all she wanted. She started dancig around with the radio. The nasal voice didn't compliment the singing:

'' bokura wa ima demo sakenderu

tashikameru you ni nigirishimeta migite
uzattai housoku wo buchikowashite ike
kizutsuita ashi wo yasumaseru gurai nara
tatta ippo demo koko kara susume

yuganda kaze wo kakiwakete
tsumetai sora wo oikoshite
soredemo mada samayoitsudzuketeru''

She was stirring the pot of vegetables and dancing as she pleased. She didn't notice Val walk in the door behind her. She really wasn't paying any attention to Val right then.

'' Is the food supposed to smell like that?'' Val asked Amanda.

'' Is there any other way for it to smell?''

'' I was going for good, but if you want it that way I'll give it up.'' Val sat the cake down on the table. Amanda threw in some random vegetables and mixed it up with an only partly chopped onion. She also added some salt and pepper. Ed and Al were still gone. It was almost time to eat and the birthday boy hadn't showed up yet.

'' Val, where's Ed?'' Amanda asked twiddling her thumbs. Then she remembered an extra ingredient and poured ketchup in the pot.

'' I don't know, Ed said something about getting his boyfriend to come.'' Val just shrugged it off.

'' Ed is going to miss my suprise gumbo! He has to come back!'' Amanda folded her arms.

Val muttered under her breath,'' The surprise is how bad something can taste cooked by something so beautiful.''

'' What did you say Val?''

''Nothing Amanda, you know I worship your gumbo!''

'' I don't care anyways. Val, bring Ed back here right this minute! I don't care how much he protests!'' Amanda shouted at her friend.

Val got her purse,'' I feel sorry for him. He actually has to eat that stuff.'' She disappeared with a loud pop. Amanda dumped a bucket of hot sauce in her gumbo. She also dumped the whole thingof pepper in it. She wanted it to be spicy. She also chopped up some red peppers and dropped them in. She gave it one last mix and started setting out the bowls to eat it with.

'' I can't eat that stuff! It'll kill me!'' Ed protested.

'' No it won't, it'll just send you to the hospital.'' Val put on his coat for him.

Then, Al took the chance to say,'' For once, I'm glad I don't have to eat food.''

'' You can't make me suffer like this! I'll call foster care!''

'' Honey, you're 18. Foster care doesn't care about you anymore. Roy, come on, you might as well hitch a ride with me.'' Val said as she made the boys gather in a circle. They all held hands and so did she. Within a matter of minutes, they were back at the Elrics.

'' What is that putrid smell coming from the kitchen?'' Roy asked covering his nose. He really didn't deserve this. While they walked on, he made sure he had a certain piece of jewelry in his pocket. The shouting that came from the kitchen made him jump a little bit.

'' Amanda, it looks great.'' Ed tried to say as he put the spoon in his mouth. This was killing him softly. Val had to give him the money right after this. It wasn't worth it really.

'' Does it Ed? I made it with love and care.''

'' Did you forget about the peppers?'' Val asked. Amanda gave her a stern look as Ed and Roy tried to eat the soup. Suddenly, Ed collapsed.

'' Too hot, need water.'' He managed to wheeze out while he rolled on the floor.

'' I guess it was a little hot.'' Amanda said.

'' A little hot? Brother is dieing over here?!'' Al rushed to his brother's side. Roy finally came back with the water. He wasn't in the mood for watching his boyfriend die in front of his eyes. Ed drank the water with gratefulness in his eyes.

'' Normally, my gumbo is a hit with everybody.''

'' Yeah, sending people to hospitals to the hospitals is a hit.'' Ed said angrily.

'' Val, you promised you'd pay Ed if he managed to take a couple of bites.'' His brother told Val. She was making some sort of throat chopping sign at them.

'' Val, did pay these boys to eat my food?''

'' Almost.''

'' I can't believe you guys! I slave over a stove all day and you say you don't like my cooking! I hate you guys!'' Amanda ran past them sobbing..

'' I heard that she just threw stuff in randomly.'' Ed said.

'' Don't worry, I'll get her.'' Val said as she popped off.

( Ma's Place )

'' Honey, you'll never get a good husband without learning to cook.'' Amanda's Ma patted her on her back while her daughter sobbed quietly.

'' Ma let's face it! I'm never getting married!''

'' You're right, you can't do anything. Who'd marry you?'' Her mother said as she ate another candyt bar.Amanda just sobbed louder into the table.

'' I don't want to get married anyway.'' That was it, she'd said the magical words. Her mother fainted dea away. Then she got up from under the table.

'' I'll kill em'. I don't know who said this to you but I'll get them.'' Amanda's mother grabbed her daughter and used her magic to take her wherever she'd heard this nonsense. Amanda's mother looked Ed in the eye.

'' I'LL KILL YOU! NOW SHE'LL NEVER HAVE A FUTURE! SHE'LL BE STUCK WITH ME HER WHOLE LIFE!'' Ma choked Ed while she shouted at him. It took Al and Roy to get her off of him.

'' Ma, I'm alright.''

'' Honey, you can still get married- what is that?''

'' That's my surprise gumbo.''

'' Amanda, did you force them to eat that?'' Her Ma shivers.

'' I cooked it.''

'' Sorry about that choking thing. I think its time for cake.'' Amanda's mother sat down at the table and so did everyone else.

'' I have to make an annoucement.'' Roy said as everybody sat down.

'' I want cake.'' Amanda's mother was not one to wait.

'' I know, after the annoucement, I'll try to make it as quick as I can.''

'' GIVE ME THE CAKE AND ICE CREAM!'' Amanda's mother screamed as she was passed the cake and ice cream. She got a sppon to eat the cake and ice cream.

'' Continue.''

Roy said,'' As you know, Ed is the love of my life. I would do anything for him.That's why I want to make him my husband.'' He pulled out a ring and bended down. '' Will you do the honor of marrying me?''

'' YES! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! YES!'' Amanda's mother was having a field day.

'' Yes, I would lov to marry you.'' Ed hugged his new financee and kissed him. Amanda was crying softly while Ma was crying through bitefuls of cake.

'' Amanda, you and Val can plan the whole thing.'' She was even more surprised. She wondered where Val was to share this special moment with them. It was so beautiful.

'' Amanda! Amanda, are you here?''

A/N: The song belongs to Yellow Generation. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chappy!