Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Day ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Welcome to my second attempt at writing a FMA fic. This one is also set after the movie. It isn't a follow-up to Endless either. I might write a follow-up to Endless. Might is the word. This is another stand-alone one shot fic. I wrote this listening to Just Another Day by Jon Secada. Hence, the title.

Enjoy.


-------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------



Somewhere above Central

"Fullmetal!"

"Brother!"

Two voices mingle together as the taller of the two grabs hold of the smaller blonde to keep him back. Both staring at the young man on the other side of the ever widening gap. None of the three wanting to say goodbye. The boy keeps struggling against the hold of the dark-haired man.

"This should be enough to get you both down."

A pair of golden eyes lock on the man for a very long moment. He looks as if he wants to say something else but in the end just turns his back to them and heads for the inside of the plane.

"Edward?"

"Yea?"

Silence fills the air as the gap keeps widening between the two pieces. The young man not turning around to face the two behind him, knowing that if he turns around then he will not be able to leave.

"Don't go."

"Why should I stay?"

"For your brother......and me."

"Brother? Please..."

As he starts to turn around, the buzz of alchemy at work sizzles through the air and something jolts into his half of the airplane. Ed stumbles as he spins in a circle to see a smug smirk flashed in his direction just before Al crashes into him.

"We go together or not at all."

"Al."

"Brother, you promised. I don't remember but you promised."

"...."

Ed looks from his brother to Roy and sighs. He frees himself from Al's grip and marches over to the older man, reaching out to yank him forward. Their faces inches apart as he scowls at the man. He doesn't give him the chance to speak before tilting his head up to kiss him firmly just long enough to get his point across. He steps back from the former colonel.

"You are more trouble then you are worth."

"I could say the same thing about you, Fullmetal."

"...My name is Ed! We've been sleeping together for how long and you still call me that?!?"

"Here I thought you matured."

"Colonel, please don't make brother mad. Again."

"I'm no longer a colonel, Alphonse."

"Oh! So you can use his name but not your own lover's?!"

"I believe it's time to go."

"Eh?"

"This contraption is falling."

".....!!"

Three different sets of alchemic auras flash as the plane transmutes into a large balloon. Slowly it floats downwards to the ground, hitting it with a thump. People quickly surround the balloon as voices call up to the men. A voice echos faintly as it replies to the shouted questions.

"We're coming down."

A snap is heard followed closely by a blue light and the balloon starts to rapidly deflate. The three men become visible and cheers fill the air as several of the watchers separate themselves from the crowd to approach.

"Still on the short side, huh, boss?"

"Edward."

The soft muttering of his name gets his attention, making him turn from Havoc to Roy. Gold eyes lock with a single black one. Something passes between them and the blonde hair man grins as he heads towards his lover. Upon reaching him, he snags hold of his jacket and pulls him down into a deep, passion-filled kiss. Roy pulls his younger lover closer as he breaks the kiss to gaze at him.

"I love you."

"Good."



--------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------


And that is the end of my second attempt.