Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Just like rain ❯ Just like rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Okay FMA fans, here’s a one-shot for Ed X Winry fans. I hope you enjoy it (granted this is my first FMA fic).
Disclaimer-I don’t own Full Metal Alchemist, it belongs to the great Hiromu Arakawa.
A.N.-This fic is done in Winry’s POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just like rain
By: Rain-chan

I sigh and sit by the window. It’s storming outside and that means no more customers today. Since I have nothing to do I just sit in the window sill and try to relax. I stare out into the rainy night, thinking about yesterday. Ed and Al had left last night, after staying for a week while Granny and I fixed his arm and leg.

Thinking back on it made me angry. How dare Ed wreck my automail again! What was he thinking? That insensitive jerk! That moronic shrimp! That alchemy freak! How dare he go out and…and…

I sigh softly and end my internal rant when I realize I have no idea how he broke his limbs. It unexpectedly saddens me. I’m not sure why though. It’s not like he ever tells me what going on in his life, it’s the opposite in fact. He always pushes me away. And even if I don’t understand why; I should be used to it by now, it…hurts.

The truth is I wish he’d let me into his life. Let me help him heal the wounds brought on by his hectic life. Let me hold some of the burden he declares as his own. Let me love him…

I blush as these thoughts run through my head but I won’t take it back. Yes, I Winry Rockbell am most defiantly in love with the Full Metal Alchemist himself. Though to me he’s not just the Full Metal Alchemist, he’s my childhood best friend, my pre-teen crush, the love of my life… Edward Elric. The same person who left me yet again…

I sigh again, louder this time, at the thought. He’s back to searching for the Philosopher’s Stone, trying to find away to get Al’s body back. I know that that is the most important thing to him, but I still wish he’d come home to stay. Or at least come by more often and for reasons other than broken automail…

I’m really afraid that Ed’s going to get killed while he’s on his quest and it worries me greatly. The condition he’s in when he returns home, only makes me worry more. If something could do that much damage to his automail, just think of what it could do to his fresh parts…

I shake my head to rid myself of these worrisome thoughts and stare back out into the rain. I begin to think again as I stare out into the night. A thought strikes me, causing me the smile gently. Edward Elric is just like the rain. The rain’s very unpredictable element. It can be soft and gentle one minute, only to turn harsh a unforgiving the next. It comes and goes as it pleases, with no regard to anyone else’s wants or needs. No one can predict its power. The rain’s both beautiful and terrifying, making you both hate it and love it dearly…

I grin and get up to get ready for bed where I will lay still and let the rain lull me into sleep. There I will dream peacefully of the it and its return. As I walk upstairs I glance back out the window and feel my heart swell with emotion. Gawd, I loved the rain.