Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ My Reflection ❯ My Reflection ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Blonde hair.
 
Gold eyes; eyes like no other. Eyes that usually hold fierce determination now hold curiosity as they take in the reflection in the mirror.
 
A petite build, a body that's made of compacted muscle and strength. Lightning reflexes witnessed in battles echo like phantasmagoric memories, almost visible in the stillness of the mirror. Small, weathered hands traced along the contours of the body as the eyes fluttered closed and a soft, breathy moan escaped his lips. At the hushed sound, too loud in the silence of the room, golden eyes snapped open and frowned at the reflected.
 
With a cry of rage he picked up a vase off the bureau and hurled it at the mirror, breathing heavily as it shattered. He walked over and picked up a large shard, glaring at the reflection in its depths.
 
“I hate you.” He whispered, and with a tell-tale flash of light, another figure stood staring at his reflection. Wild, dark hair and eyes were reflected at their owner who still frowned at the shard.
 
Envy threw the shard across the room. “I hate you! Ah!!”
 
“What was wrong with me?” He whimpered, curling in on himself. Staring at his hands, slender, finely boned hands not at all like Edward's hands. He choked back tears as he wildy tugged at his hair. “Why? Why, father?”
 
Envy curled into the corner of the room, lost in his misery and madness. Trapped in his hatred, and not sure who he hated more: Edward Elric, Hohenheim, or himself.