Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Murderer ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

#20: `Murderer'
 
Today was sunny…
 
“First Lieutenant Elizabeth Hawkeye, this court marshal finds you guilty on the charges of the murder of Fuhrer Bradley.” A wave of gasps and sobs rang through the courtroom as the verdict was read. She stood in perfect posture behind the table, staying cool and collected as her fate was read. Roy's hand gripped the wooden railing that separated him from his subordinate.
 
 
The judge cleared his throat before starting up again, “I would like to comment on something before the sentencing is read. Be very aware, Lieutenant Hawkeye, that this council of your peers has taken your military service record into account during this sentencing, and we are very well aware that there might have been a large influence from your commanding officer, Brigadier General Mustang. However, the crime you committed is undeniably sickening. You truly are a murder.”
 
 
Roy gripped the railing until his knuckles were white, interrupting the judge, “And what would you call Archer? or even the State Alchemist! Pacifists?” Havok pulled on Roy's arm as he shouted at the judge.
 
 
“Control yourself, Brigadier General.” The judge was not moved by the sudden outburst in his court.
 
 
“Roy,” Havok tried pull the Brigadier General back into his seat, “calm down.” Roy struggled even harder, “Tell me Havok, how the hell am I supposed to stay calm when we all know she didn't do it?” His voice was at a harsh whisper now. Armstrong placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to place him back in his seat.
 
 
“Continuing with the sentencing,” the judge began again, “in the best interests of the state of Ametris and it's people, myself and this council sentence you, First Lieutenant Elizabeth Hawkeye, to death by execution.”
 
 
More sobs ran through the courtroom. All of her coworkers stood in shock while the sentencing was read. Mustang's eyes grew wide as he realized that the execution would be immediate. She turned around to look at the people behind her. She looked at each of her friends, silently saying goodbye, while keeping her cool demeanor, just as any soldier should during tough situations. She placed her hand on Roy's ungloved ones, looking into his eyes. Her gaze was as cold as ever, showing almost no emotion; however, Roy could see the slightest hint of sadness in her eyes.
 
He never heard the judge call for the soldiers to take her away; all he felt was her hand faintly slipping off his as she moved her gaze to the door leading to her death on the other side of the room. His hands gripped the wood as if he were to squeeze the life out of it as he bowed his head, frustration rising. He lunged forward, breaking out of Havok's grip, only to be restrained by a bear like hug from Armstrong. “Lieutenant! Lieutenant,” he shouted for her trying to gain her attention as she was escorted closer to the door. He clawed at the wooden railing, Fuery and Havok on either side of him trying to calm his flailing arms. “Hawkeye, come back! That's an order! Hawkeye! Hawkeye!”
 
 
Roy didn't hear his friends and co-workers trying to calm him as he watched her go through the door. “RIZA!!!” It was too late; she was already through the door. He would never get to see her golden hair, her piercing amber eyes, that subtle yet gentle smile; he would never get to see any of those ever again. Searing liquid burned his face as he slouched back against Armstrong. Havok, Fuery, Breda, and Falman surrounded their commanding officer, shielding him from the gazes in the room. He whispered in a shaky voice, “Riza. You're not it…I'm the murderer.”
 
 
…yet somehow, even with blue skies, it managed to rain.
 
 
 
Omake:
“Continuing with the sentencing,” the judge began again, “in the best interests of the state of Ametris and it's people, myself and this council sentence you, First Lieutenant Elizabeth Hawkeye, to go home and relax.”
 
 
“Excuse me sir?” It was the first time Riza had spoken today, “I just have to go home? No jail time? Execution?” Roy looked as perplexed as she did at the strange ruling.
 
 
“Nah, I'm in a good mood today, and the Fuhrer was a bastard; were probably better off without him. Also, I've heard of Brigadier Genera Mustang's miniskirt plan. I must say I'd like to see him have that plan succeed. You'd look great in one too,” the judge winked at her. Everyone stared at the awkward behavior of the judge; Roy shifted uncomfortably in his seat, trying to see Hawkeye's reaction.
 
 
A vein popped out on her forehead as she grabbed her gun from the cowering warrant officer. Jean and Roy both let out little squeaks as they heard the infamous click of the hammer.
 
 
Omake II: (thanks to RW Grim for this one! Oh the crack!)
“Continuing with the sentencing,” the judge began again, “in the best interests of the state of Ametris and it's people, myself and this council sentence you, First Lieutenant Elizabeth Hawkeye, go out on the town for a night and find yourself a better man than this.” Everyone stared at the judge, gaping at the insult towards Roy, “A lady like you deserves a man who knows how to treat a lady right; not some fool who can't remember the name of the woman he wakes up to each morning (note its some times multiple women too!)”
 
 
Riza looked behind her to see a twitching commander. “Now Roy,” Havok was trying to restrain Roy from snapping his fingers, “lets not be too ra—”
 
 
Havok wondered if anyone would thank Roy for burning a new sunroof in the court room.
 
AN: Well, my first attempt at the Roiai 100 Themes. I think I put an intresting spin on things in this one. .; I know, I know this doesn't actually happen in the anime, but there were spoilers in here gasp Can you find them? coff Yeah, there's my frist attempt at an omake. I'm sorry! I just had to lighten the mood after the end of this chapter, I've written like nothing comedic/funny since I started this series, well...excluding the birthday drabble. But yea! Critique always loved!