Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rainbows ❯ swings ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The plot bunnies have been attacking me lately..I wonder why...what did I ever do to them?
I don't own FMA.
0000000
Edward liked to swing. He always had. It made him feel, if only for a little bit that he was free.
It was also an upside to being smaller than most people. The people didn't look at you like you were crazy for swinging in the park like they did for all the other seventeen year olds.
Even when he was little and he used a board, rope and a tree branch, it still made it seem as if all his problem were gone and his soul was free to soar, and mind to think.
Like to think about a little complications…Such as falling in love with your boss, who saw you as a child.
Roy was unflawed in Edward's eyes. Intelligent, beautiful, handsome, arrogant, difficult, calm and collective. Everything about him was perfect…The complete opposite of himself.
He wasn't beautiful or handsome, intelligent or calm. He was difficult and arrogant sometimes, but in a different, worse way, than Roy was.
Ed continued the rhythm that came with moving the swing forward and backwards. It was constant and it never changed. Exactly like his undying devotion to a certain raven haired, onyx eyed Flame alchemist.
Ed enjoyed the wind blowing through is hair, making it flutter in front of his face, then in the back. He'd swing for a while longer, and then he'd go home.
00000000
Roy was usually home a night, getting some much used sleep. It was unusual for him to be mindlessly walking through Central park at ten o'clock in the evening. But for some reason, he had an undeniable urge to go waking aimlessly. Why? He hadn't the faintest idea.
A creaking noise demanded his attention and he looked over to his right toward the playground. Who else would possibly be here at this time of night?
Roy made out blond hair fluttering in the wind while the person swung back and forth. Come to think of it, that golden hair looked awfully familiar.
Then it hit him like a block of cement. That was Fullmetal's hair! Know one else had hair that color!
Following his bodies lead, Roy strode over behind Ed and began to push him, like parents do their children.
Ed's bright honey hued eye's snapped open. Dragging his heel's along the ground, he came to a complete stop just before reaching the other person's chest. Two arms wrapped themselves around his shoulders and he tensed instantly, ready to flip the person over if they tried anything.
“Now Edward, now need to be so tense.” murmured Roy into Edward”s neck . “I'm not going to molest you or anything.”...unless you want me to.
Ed turned his head around quickly, and found himself gazing into beautiful onyx eyes. “What are you doing here Colonel?” he asked bitterly.
No bastard comment? “Please, Edward, no title's when I'm off duty, just call me Roy.”
“Right then...Roy...would you mind telling me why you are hugging me?”
Roy smirked, “Because my chibi, I can't do it at work, and I want to.” And with that, Mustang buried his head in Edward's neck.
Waitaminute..did he just call me his chibi? is he nuzzling my neck? has hell frozen over?
“Say, Edward, could I kiss you? P-a-leeeeeeeeease?”
Edward blinked, Roy sounded incredibly cute when he whined like that. “Roy did you just whine and ask if you could kiss me? Have you finally lost it?”
Roy pouted, POUTED! At Ed “No Edward, I have not lost it yet, and I don't hope to for a long while yet, so no need to accuse me of going crazy. But you still haven't answered my question. I even said please.”maybe he's right and I really have lost it, why am I acting this way? Maybe it's because of sleep depravation or maybe it's because I'm in a kiddy park and it's effecting my senses? Oh well.
Ed blinked a few times, what was wrong with Roy? Well whatever it was he might as well take advantage of it while it lasted. “Sure Roy, go ahead and kiss me.” He gave in. He did want to be kissed by Roy after all.
Roy smiled, I mean, really smiled, as in a smile that reached his eye's, and it was breath taking. Absolutely beautiful. Roy leaned down and kissed Ed on the cheek.
“Huh?”
“Well, Edward, im not a total player, I don't want to go to fast, so lets hold off on the actually heavy duty kissing for a while ok?” Roy grabbed Edward hand and started to walk off, basking in the confusion showing on Ed's face.
“W-what? Take it slow? That sound like you want a long term relationship with me!”
The flame alchemist turned around, “And if I do?”
Ed blinked... “b-but...you never have any long term romantic relationships! It's unheard of!”
Roy smirked, “So? That still doesn't mean I can't start one right now. Now then, I bet Alphonse is worried sick! I'll walk you home.”
Ed nodded dumbly, “Whatever you say Mustang. So am I your boyfriend now?”
Roy nodded happily, “It sure does!”
Ed smiled for the first time that night. “ok then...my Roy-toy.” He giggled, and Roy looked insulted as well as amused.
“Lets go Edward.” Roy tugged on his hand and they left the park, headed for the dorms.
000000000
O.o...no comment I guess. I thought up this one while I was swinging...that's all you need to know.
Review please! I beg of you!
-newmoongirl