Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rehabilitation ❯ Be Our Guests ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I’m feeling guilty about last chapter, so I’m starting this right away. That combined with the fact that I received a death threat to post the next chapter gets you a quick update. Yay you. Happy Hanaramakwanzmas, everybody!

Standard Disclaimer: Sugarpony does not own Fullmetal Alchemist or Harry Potter.

---

Rehabilitation


Chapter Two


Be Our Guests


---

Eastern Headquarters’ Military Hospital was in a tizzy. About an hour ago, Edward Elric had been brought in by Colonel Mustang and Major Armstrong. Nurse Baker sighed as she stared at his charts. The poor boy was in a terrible shape. Both the stump of his right arm and the stump of his left leg were bleeding profusely, and the boy himself had not uttered a word since his arrival.

The next moment, Colonel Mustang entered the room, followed by Armstrong, Hughes, Hawkeye, and Havoc. The senior officer faced her and said, “Excuse me, Miss, but I need you to leave the room. Official military business. Oh, yes, and Major Elric will be relocated by the end of the day for issues regarding his safety.”

“But Colonel Mustang, Sir--”

“He needs to be somewhere away from Scar. While he’s still in the city, he’s at risk of being attacked again and possibly murdered.”

Nurse Baker bit her lip and slowly nodded. She understood the need, but really, Major Elric was just a boy, and he was extremely injured! She was still shaking her head in disapproval as she walked out the door, closing it behind her.

Once her footsteps faded, Mustang locked the door and then approached Ed.

“Edward,” he said.

Ed merely turned his head away.

“Major Elric,” Mustang said, this time more forcefully. Once Ed was looking at him, he continued. “Edward, we’re leaving now. We need to get you away before Scar comes back. You’re obviously in no condition to go anywhere by yourself, so we all will escort you and become your personal squad of body guards until you’re well enough to go back to your job. We’ll be leaving from this room in five minutes, so grab anything that you need now.”

Edward absorbed all of this without a single word. After, he grabbed the crutch which was standing next to the bed, stood, and wandered around the room, grabbing his clothes, boots, and suitcase, all of which had been brought to him ten minutes prior by Mrs. Hughes. Soon, he was standing in front of the colonel, leaning on his crutch, waiting for his next instructions.

After four minutes had elapsed, Mustang once again approached him. He took an old handkerchief out of his breast pocket and held it out to him. “Grab on to this. It will take us to where we need to go. Give your things to Major Armstrong. More will be explained once we arrive.”

By this time, the others in the room had already grabbed a small piece of the cloth. Raising a skeptic eyebrow but not questioning the orders, Edward sat down, gave his belongings to the muscled man, and took hold of the handkerchief just as the five minutes were up.

And then, everything started spinning.

---

Professor Albus Dumbledore stood at the head of the Great Hall, giving another one of his infamous pre-dinner speeches. He smiled at all of his students, who were whispering to one another and complaining of hunger.

“Once again, I will remind all students, new and old, that the Forbidden Forest is, in fact, forbidden, and that the list of banned items has now been extended to include all Weasley’s Wizardly Wheezes products and is at a new record of seven hundred and fifty-three items.

“Also, for a yet undecided amount of time this year, Hogwarts will be hosting several guests from the country of Amestris, who should be arriving shortly.”

At that precise moment six people appeared at the opposite end of the room, clutching a worn-out handkerchief.

The students of Hogwarts immediately turned to inspect the new arrivals. Five of them were wearing the same blue military uniform, three of which caught the eyes of the curious onlookers above the others.

The first was a man about six feet four inches in height who had bulging muscles that could give even Hagrid a run for his money.

The second was a normal sized man with straw colored hair. He looked relatively normal compared to the others, but he was lazily holding a smoking cigarette between his lips.

The next was a woman with her long blond hair tied up sternly. She was fairly attractive, but she held an air that reminded the students of Professor McGonagall-- and it didn’t make the Muggleborns feel any better to see that she had pulled out a revolver and was now resting her finger on the trigger.

Stranger number four had all of the females swooning. He had silky black hair, handsome onyx eyes, and a confident smile that made even the Slytherin girls want to scream in delight.

The fifth person was a man a bit shorter than the last. He had glasses and spiky black hair, and he was helping the last person up off of the floor.

This final one was the most intriguing, and he had almost the entire Hall staring at him. He was a short boy-- he couldn’t possibly have been any older than twelve-- with long, blond hair tied back in a ponytail. He was only wearing a pair of white shorts which showed off a stump of a left leg wrapped in bandages and no right arm, only a shoulder, also wrapped in bandages. He had stunning golden eyes which were revealed beneath his long bangs as he looked up, glancing around the Hall and then at the handsome black-haired, charcoal-eyed man.

The muscled man gathered a few things which were scattered about the floor while the man with glasses steadied the young boy, who was now standing, and handed him a crutch. The small party slowly processed to the top of the Hall until they were standing in front of Dumbledore himself.

“It’s good to see you again, Sir,” the handsome man said to the headmaster. “Thank you very much for your hospitality.” He gave a curt salute and bowed, showing his respect for the old man.

“Now, now, Roy, we are colleagues.” Dumbledore smiled and raised the younger man from his bow. “You do not need to show me such respect, and I am glad that I may help you.”

Dumbledore then turned, once again, to the students. “May I introduce Colonel Roy Mustang (the black-eyed man saluted), Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes, (the man with glasses saluted), First Lieutenant Riza  Hawkeye (the woman sharply saluted, her gun at her side), Second Lieutenant Jean Havoc (the blond man gave a lazy salute), Major Alex Louis Armstrong, (the muscled man saluted as pink sparkles suddenly appeared around him), and Major Edward Elric?”

The blond-haired boy neither saluted nor glanced up from the floor, which, for some reason, he was studying intently.

Dumbledore was not deterred by Elric’s behavior, for he simply continued with his speech. “They are all part of the military in their homeland, and Majors Armstrong and Elric, as well as Colonel Mustang, are State Alchemists, alchemists who work for the government and military.

“I will not tell you any lies regarding their presence. At this time, their is an alchemist killer
on the loose in their county. This criminal has repeatedly tried to murder Major Elric, and the last attempt ended in not only his injuries but also the death of his younger brother. Because the country is so unsafe, Edward and his guard will be residing here with us until he has fully recovered.

“These people are completely competent in their jobs. They have full reign of the castle. At least two of them will remain with Edward at all times, while the others will be patrolling the halls. They will not harm anyone unless they present an immediate threat, but please be aware that they are trained to kill.” Dumbledore scanned the room with a grave look before resuming.

“Now, I do believe that we are all more than ready to feast, so tuck in!”

Once the headmaster’s speech was finished, each of the “guests” took a seat behind the head table. The students all dug into their food right away, but many curious ones of all houses kept glancing at the head table, hoping to figure out more about their strange guests. All too soon, however, the feast was over, and the students left to head up to the dormitories for the night.

---

Edward Elric did not eat at the feast, nor did he sleep once he was shown his bedroom. Havoc and Hawkeye were both standing outside his door, keeping watch, while Edward lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, hot tears in his eyes.

Alphonse, he thought, I’m so sorry. It was all my fault.

He turned on his side, closed his eyes, and attempted to sleep.

But all he saw was the shattering seal.

He did not sleep that night.

---

AN: Well, that’s the end of chapter two! I hope you all enjoyed this little Christmas present! So now Harry Potter is in the mix. And you reviewers have no reason to hurt me, because I didn’t leave it on a cliffhanger this time! So next time, we’ll get to the misadventures of Roy’s crew in a magical building. I know I can’t wait!

~Sugarpony

---

Edited: 6/22/07