Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Remembering Hagane ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own FMA nor—unfortunately—will I ever. So all you people glaring at me through the window can just cool your jets.
 
a/n: okay, this is my first (and maybe last, depending on how crappy it is, hehe) FMA fic—so please be nice at least for the first few chapters…then you can be as mean as you want, how bout that?
 
Anyway, this is basically a random fic that I'll probably be doing in my spare time when I run out of ideas for WEDoB…but I got the idea when my friend was typing my name into an “State Alchemist Name” generator, and I was the special one and got the cool name! LoL, anywhos…
 
This really shouldn't be a romance fic—as far as I'm concerned, but I may change that—you just never know! There might be a few hints of affection, but that should be all…
 
Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the title, it's kind of based off of and anime music video I saw to FMA through “My Immortal” and that was the title of the vid. I thought it was cool (I hope the person who made the video doesn't mind that I used their title :nervous laugh:)
 
So…
 
Thoughts/Flashback
 
Hagane Memories
::Meetings::
 
“There—see didn't I tell you?” one of the old men stated suddenly as he jabbed his finger at an article in the newspaper, “I told you that the military was still finding those rebels lying about…” he growled distastefully.
 
The tiny, outdoor bar was strangely quiet while others walked by on their way home or to go shopping. Three elderly men sat on the barstools, taking a swig of their drink every once in awhile. A few seats down from them was a young girl with a cap tugged over her eyes. Other than her, the bar remained empty.
 
One of his companions leaned over his shoulder to get a better look at the article, “It looks like they were found not too far from here…Heh, you might want to keep your eyes open, boys; nowadays you can never really tell who's who…”
 
The third man snorted, “Those Ishbalans wouldn't dare show their faces outside—unless of course they wanted to get taken down by the military,” he paused as he took a drink from the mug in his hand, “I hear they have some sort of refugee camp somewhere—hell, but I'm not sure; it's just some damn rumor.”
 
All three men shook their heads and one of them mumbled something under their breath. And across from them, the young girl's hand discretely clenched into a fist.
 
By now, the first man was starting to become a little tipsy as he placed his head in his hands and stared back down at the paper, “Damn those rebels to hell…” he muttered, “That whole war was started because of that shitty, self-righteous attitude of theirs. If you ask me, every last one of those bastards should be chained up…every last Ishbalan man, woman and child. Who do they think they are anyway? For Christ's sake, they think alchemy is a sin because it `destroys God's original creations'—heh…my ass…”
 
One of the men scratched his balding scalp wearily before he noticed the girl sitting across from them, “Should we ask for her opinion?” he wondered.
 
His other two companions turned and the first man called over towards her, “Yeah, you heard the man; what do you think about all of those bastards?”
 
They noticed her tense as they addressed her. However, she tugged the cap further over her eyes and stared down at the counter without acknowledging them any further.
 
“Leave her out of it…” one of them grumbled and took a swig of brandy from his mug, “Any opinion from a woman—especially a teenage one—is useless; it's all full of crap about how we should try and make peace with those bastards—”
 
“…But it's true…”
 
The trio glanced up at the soft-spoken voice, but the girl had not looked up. Her eyes continued to stare at the countertop. The three men eyed her quizzically, as if they didn't really believe that she had even said anything.
 
Her hand clenched around the black, fingerless glove she was wearing, “There's nothing wrong with believing in what you believe in…it's the fact that the one shot was fired that caused this whole mess; and it wasn't even their fault…they weren't even the ones who started it…”
 
The first man frowned towards her meticulously, “What? Are you one of them or something? My son was in that war and saw every minute of it; it was because of them that the military had to get caught up in the whole thing—it was a damn brat; and just because of that the Ishbalans got all pissy and decided to riot on us…”
 
“He's got a point there, kid…” the second continued after he had drunk deeply from his mug, “They were the ones that carried it too far. Besides that…” he continued and watched her suspiciously, “You better watch what you say around here; the military is getting suspicious of almost anyone—if they hear you spewing that kind of crap they'll take you under custody.”
 
She didn't answer them, nor did she look up at any of them. The first man's eyes wouldn't leave her, even as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He stood and staggered dangerously as he trudged over towards her barstool; glaring. The girl's eyes shifted slightly when she noticed him moving closer, but she didn't bother with any other movements.
 
“Well then…” he said while slurring his words together, “If you feel so strongly about that, why don't you go hang out with them in one of those worthless hideouts of theirs; I'm sure the military will find them soon enough; you can just tag along with them to prison…” he growled.
 
His companions watched him uncertainly while the girl did nothing. He stood towering over her, but she remained unfazed as an uneasy silence began to fill the near-empty bar.
 
But finally, she irritably tugged her cap further over her eyes and stood. Without saying a word, she turned her back towards the three elderly men and walked out into the bustling crowd beyond the bar.
 
The trio blinked and each other for a moment, stunned. Then the first man hiccupped and staggered back towards his barstool.
 
“Damn teenagers…” he grumbled.
 
-:-
 
Absently, the girl (a/n: yes, you'll figure out her name eventually, LoL) fingered the strap of her glove as she made her way through the crowd. As she glanced up towards the sky, she noticed distastefully that storm clouds were beginning to gather over the rooftops; even the air was starting to become heavy with the humidity.
 
But her mind kept wandering; she could hardly even concentrate on the road in front of her.
 
It looks like they were found not too far from here…
 
They…they couldn't have meant them, could they?
 
Her heart suddenly began to race and she quickly turned on her heels and raced down the opposite street. Not many people bothered to get out of her way so she found herself bumping into more than one person before the crowds slowly began to die away as she neared the edges of the city square.
 
She disappeared abruptly into the shadows of a supposedly random alleyway. Shadows enveloped her quickly and a cool chill welcomed her away from the heavy humidity. But without stopping, she made her way towards the very back of the alley and quickly pushed away a few trashcans and boxes in her way.
 
A hidden trapdoor was revealed, but only to those who were looking for it; anyone else would have simply passed it by as an oversized cobblestone. The girl slid her slender fingers between the tiny crevices and heaved with all her might before the stone shifted enough for her to jump through. Her legs fell out beneath her as she landed in an even greater darkness than the alleyway.
 
But like so many times, she easily navigated through the gloom; taking the correct twists and turns through the tunnel as she headed deeper and deeper beneath the city. She made carefully sure that she took the right path, however; a wrong turn could take her past her destination entirely. But as she continued through the gloom, she was steadily able to make out the tiny murmurs of people.
 
At this, the girl suddenly let out a sigh of relief while a faint glimmer of light began to fill the tunnel and the smell of the steamy outdoors met her once again. As she took a final turn, she was able to make out an entrance to the tunnel. She picked up her pace until the warm sunlight greeted her a second time.
 
She crawled out onto the dusty terrain and used the small boulders as support. Many of the voices stopped when she appeared in the entryway, but soon continued when they recognized her face. The girl glanced quickly around the small campsite in relief and let out another sigh.
 
While she was started to straighten and dust off her black cargos, a voice suddenly called out to her.
 
“Jin!”
 
The girl glanced up to find a small, dark-haired child bobbing towards her. She grinned toothily as she caught up with the teen.
 
“What took you so long?” she wanted to know, “It's been almost a week, you know!”
 
She smiled and affectionately ruffled her hair, “Well I'm glad you're happy to see me, Rini…” she told her almost sarcastically, but paused a moment and watched all of the others within the camp, “I'm glad everyone's still here…” she said a bit quieter this time.
 
The younger girl cocked her head questioningly, “Why do you say that?”
 
Jin blinked and shook her head, “Nothing…just something I heard—hey, is your mother around anywhere?”
 
Rini nodded excitedly, “Yup! She was making dinner the last time I saw her—are you going to stay and eat with us too?”
 
“No…No, I'm sorry…” she said with the shaking over head, “…truthfully, I only came because I wanted to make sure…that you guys were still here—besides,” she continued hurriedly, “I don't want to trouble her or any of you if that means making more just for me…”
 
The girl pouted unhappily and folded her arms, “Fine…” she grumbled.
 
She smiled again and crouched down to her eye-level, “But I promise the next time I come I'll bring some of those onigiri you like so much, okay?”
 
Rini thought about it for a moment, “…I guess—but just remember, you promised!” she reminded her as she started to lead the teen towards some of the tents. Jin nodded just to reassure her and followed the younger girl through the maze of tents and past other fires.
 
For some reason, she almost regretted each time she came here; these people had no other homes…they were fugitives who would never be able to get a decent job or make money to support their families again. It almost made her sick to the stomach to think about it…but there was only so much she could do for them; she couldn't give them back their old lives…that was just something she couldn't do…
 
“Mama! Mama, Jin came back to visit today!” Rini called down a small row of tents. A middle-aged woman sat crouched in front of the fire, slowly stirring a pot. Locks of dark—almost black—hair fell along her back in a ponytail. She glanced up at the sound of her child's voice and smiled when she noticed the raven-haired teen.
 
Rini raced up ahead of her friend towards her mother excitedly. The woman spoke to her shortly and Jin noticed the younger girl glance towards her briefly before she nodded and jogged off to find some of the other children. Slowly, she made her way towards the tent until she stood opposite of the woman from across the fire.
 
“Go ahead and sit down…” she told her quietly as she reached beside her to toss on another stick to the fire.
 
She did as she was told and calmly watched the woman as she prepared the meal. But without being asked, she reached over and grabbed one of the carrots and slowly began to cut it into the boiling water. The woman didn't appear to protest, but both of them sat in silence for the longest time.
 
“Adele…” Jin began quietly, “Adele, I think Koen's camp has been found…It's been all over town today; at first I thought it was all of you…but…”
 
The woman paused, but did not look up at her. After a moment, she took up her spoon and absently stirred the broth, “He was a fool anyway…he wasn't careful enough when he sent for supplies; I'm not surprised in the least—”
 
“Please…” she cut her off and stared down into the boiling water, “Please don't stay here; the military has been more aggressive than ever searching for all of you…I'm worried…”
 
Adele stopped, but wouldn't look at the girl directly; her eyes wandered off towards the dusty earth. An awkward silence filled between them as Jin watched her pleadingly.
 
After a long pause, the older woman sighed heavily, “Why can't they just leave us alone…?” she asked softly. The teen watched her in silence, but didn't reply as she continued on, “Why do they persecute us? Do they not think that they've ruined us enough by forcing us to live in refuge—because this is the closest thing I've ever seen to hell…”
 
The younger girl watched her sadly, “Adele…”
 
“I don't want Rini growing up like this, Jin…she doesn't deserve this…” she quickly cut her off. There was desperation in her voice and a tone that made her think that she had given up hope, “…And yet they still think we're a threat to them—we've been reduced to nothing! What else do they think we can do to them?”
 
Jin sighed sadly and stared down absently at her gloved hand, “I'm not sure, Adele; the world isn't fair…so I'm just not sure…”
 
She noticed the woman wipe at her eyes and glanced up only to see silent tears trickling down the side of her tanned cheek. Neither of them said anything, however; they only listened to the distant sounds of the men murmuring with one another and the children laughing beyond the tents.
 
The girl sighed heavily and let her fingers curl into a fist around her glove. Without saying a word, she stood and cross the space between them before she wrapped her arms gently around the older woman. Adele didn't flinch at her touch, nor did she make any movement at all. But she appeared to be comforted by her embrace and she let out a heavy sigh.
 
After a moment, Jin backed away and knelt beside her before she began fishing for something from her pocket. She then withdrew a small wallet and handed it to the older woman.
 
“Here…I know it's not much, but it should be enough for a weeks worth of supplies…or something like that…” she told her quietly.
 
Adele stared at it almost dumbly before she held out a shaky hand and the teen dropped it into her palm. She stared at it in near-wonder before staring at the younger girl.
 
There was a short pause before she quietly began to laugh, “…I just don't understand you, Jin…”
 
She blinked, “What?”
 
“I don't understand why you care so much about all of us…” she continued quietly as tears began to brim in her eyes for a second time, “You're basically risking everything just to make sure we stay alive out here; what is it about you that makes you care for us? We all owe you so much…”
 
For a second, Jin only stared at her stupidly…but then that faded away as her expression became grave, “…You don't owe me anything…” she whispered softly, “…I do this only for my own selfish reasons…”
 
As if this would make up for what happened in the past…she finished mentally.
 
The older woman noticed her fist beginning to clench around and watched her quizzically, “What are you talking about? How could this be selfish?” she questioned and gestured towards the wallet.
 
Jin's eyes became hooded as she swiftly rose from the ground, “Nothing,” she answered shortly and turned her back towards her, “It's nothing…just…just tell Rini I'll come by as soon as I can, okay?”
 
She nodded slowly, “A-Alright…” she answered while the girl hurriedly disappeared behind the next row of tents.
 
-:-
 
The teen mentally cursed at herself as she made her way down the streets of the city square for the second time that day. Strands of her midnight-black hair fell over her eyes with the help of the cap tilted over part of her face. But within those violet eyes of hers, tears began to form and trickled silently down the side of her face—irritably, she wiped them away.
 
Crud…I almost let it slip again…
 
She absently kicked at an empty can and shoved her hands into her pockets where she discretely fingered the silver watch within. What was she going to do? Deep down she knew that no matter what she did to help Adele and Rini and the rest of the Ishbalans hiding out there, she could never forget what happened…
 
There was nothing she could do to forget that.
 
“Don't come near me, dammit! Who the hell do you think you are?”
 
The little girl's eyes filled with hurt, “Keiji…Keiji I'm your sister…
 
“…Don't you remember?”
 
Her fist clenched again inside of her pocket and her eyes grew hooded once again.
 
Why didn't he remember…?
 
Why did he forget her?
 
“You're nothing to me!” he barked harshly into her face. She noticed something in his eyes that didn't quite fit; there was anger there…loathing and hatred burning in those golden eyes. There was something else too…
 
His hands…Those hands that once held her so lovingly and protectively were now stained with the blood of the innocent and even his comrades in the military…
 
He had changed; she didn't recognize him—despite his similar appearance—on the inside of his heart he had changed to the point where he was almost no longer her brother. The little girl shivered against his hard gaze, but she refused to give up.
 
“Why have you forgotten about me?” she asked quietly as tears streamed down her face, “Keiji why are you like this? I hate you like this—!”
 
“Shut up!” he snapped and suddenly, the back of his hand swiped across her tiny cheek. Her head jerked to the side and she let out a small cry of pain.
 
That scene stood frozen in time. The older teen stood fuming and heaving deeply while the tiny child held her face to the side where he had struck her. Her shoulders began to quiver as her quiet sobs filled the room and a silent teardrop trickled onto the floor.
 
She heard him growl darkly and noticed him rip off the glove on his left hand. She also felt her heart stop in the same instant. The older boy's hand suddenly gripped onto the back of her head and forced her to look at him as he shoved his palm dangerously close to her face. Her violet eyes stared transfixed at the transmutation circle etched along his hand.
 
“Don't tempt me, onee-chan,” he spat the words out mockingly, “I'm not afraid to use this on you—not on anyone! Do you hear me? Those bastards fighting out there are all the same; they're all fighting for a lost cause—this is a war without meaning, dammit!”
 
The girl blinked tearfully, “…But…but why are you doing this to everyone…not all of those people are guilty—”
 
“Because they're all useless to the world!” he shouted severely, “They poison this earth and everything in it; it's like that with everyone else in the world too! Their only thoughts are for themselves; they're just a load of selfish bastards who want nothing more than to live off of the expenses of others!”
 
There was suddenly a thick pause that filled out between them while the girl stared at her brother tearfully. Abruptly, something flashed over his eyes and he began to talk again…only this time, almost monotonously.
 
“They seek power…” he said darkly, “…And that search is what drives them mad…but no matter what, people keep searching for the same thing over and over and over again; no matter what the cost is…they only care what happens to them in the end…”
 
-:-
 
“Aw man…I'm so hungry…” the blonde-haired teen grumbled as he placed his elbows on his knees. And as if on cue, his stomach growled rather loudly. He sighed and stared off at the ground in front of him.
 
“I-I'm sorry, nii-san…I didn't realize that the train tickets would cost so much…” his companion mumbled in embarrassment, “I would have brought more if I knew—!” he started to add hastily, but his brother waved him off.
 
“Don't worry about it, Al…we'll think of something…” he reassured him, “I mean, the worst thing that can happen is that we have to walk back to Central…”
 
The two boys—scratch that, the shorter teen and the suit of armor—sat alone on a bench just outside of the train station. Residence of the town eyed them suspiciously and seemed to walk faster as they passed by. Neither of them seemed to notice since Ed's hunger probably had the ability to distract both of them at once.
 
“Do you think it would have helped if you showed them that you were a State Alchemist? Maybe they would have let us go to Central for free?” Al wondered off-handedly.
 
His brother snorted, “And risk getting chucked off the train like I was at the inn at the Youswell Coal Mine? Yeah…I'd rather get off the train without taking any damage if you don't mind—besides, Winry'll kill me if I damage any more of this auto-mail…” he added with a small grin.
 
Both of them sat in silence for awhile as they watched the townspeople pass by them. Even if they were looking at them strangely, they had gotten used to it by now; it wasn't every day that someone saw a pint-sized kid walking around with an empty suit of armor.
 
Ed stood abruptly and stretched towards the sky before he turned back to his brother, “Might as well see if there's anyone around here willing to give us a place to stay for the night…” he said and calmly began to walk down the street as Al followed obediently after him.
 
-:-
 
“Or not,” the alchemist told him about three hours later. Ed's stomach growled again and his face seemed to droop. While they sat outside of the last inn in town, the streets slowly began to empty out and the sun began to set. Only the dim glow from the windows—as well as a few lampposts—lit the street out in front of them.
 
He sighed, “Looks like we're stuck walking to Central…” he said a bit drearily.
 
His brother bowed his head, “I-I'm sorry nii-san…” he mumbled.
 
Ed blinked, “Huh? Oh, don't worry about it!” he reassured him with a grin, “How many times to I have to tell you? If it means another day or so away from Mustang, I'm all for it—”
 
He was suddenly cut off when a gunshot blasted through the quiet night sky. Both of them started as the blast faded away—only to be followed quickly by another.
 
“What the hell—?”
 
But before he could even finish, somebody suddenly dashed out from around a corner down the street. Al and Ed stood quickly and watched as they were soon followed by a group of overly-burly men. It was then, however, that they were able to realize that the one who they had seen first was a young, teenage girl with ravenous black hair.
 
She stumbled and nearly tripped, but she was able to catch herself before her persecutors could fire a third shot at her. The group raced past the two brothers without even acknowledging their presence. The girl panted heavily and swiftly made a turn down an alleyway.
 
One of them men stopped suddenly at its entrance and raised his gun; firing off a third shot. A cry of pain quickly followed and the man ran into the alley.
 
Ed quickly stood from the porch—and his brother seemed to know what he was thinking at exactly the same time. They both raced after them while Al's armor clanked noisily in their wake. Ed was somehow able to move ahead of his brother and slid to a halt in front of the alley.
 
“Hey!”
 
He came to an abrupt halt. The girl stood cornered against the back wall, but instead of trying to find a way around them, she was kneeling on the ground. And with speed that almost didn't seem human, she had taken out a piece of chalk and swiftly drew a circle in the ground. Before any of her pursuers could fire another shot, she pressed both palms into it's center.
 
A flash of light suddenly enveloped the alleyway and Ed threw up his hands in front of his face.
 
When the light had dispersed, the girl was now found standing with a blade in her hand—but as Ed took a better look at it, he realized it didn't resemble the one that he normally used, but instead it almost appeared as if it was made up of
 
Crystal…
 
She was heaving deeply now and could only hold the blade in one hand, since her other remained limp at her side. A tear appeared on her black cargos and a stream of blood trickled down her leg from being grazed by one of the bullets. The tip of her sword rested uselessly on the ground.
 
Al now appeared behind his brother, “She's…an alchemist?”
 
His brother clenched his fist; “Heh, then that will make this a little easier, won't it?” he said and clapped his hands together before slamming them on the ground. The men turned at the sound of his transmutation and blanched in unison as he pulled a spiked pole from the ground.
 
He stabbed it into the pavement and smirked, “Okay then…who wants to go down first?” he challenged darkly.
 
The men stared wide-eyed at him before one of them pointed behind the alchemist, “It's Fullmetal!”
 
“Hell yeah it's—wait a minute,” he paused when he realized they had been pointing at Al, “Ah crap…not again…” he sighed and hung his head while his brother sweatdropped uncertainly.
 
But with her persecutors distracted, the girl swiftly turned and jumped up onto the ledge above her. She grunted softly, but this caught one of the men's attentions and he turned with a pistol in hand.
 
“Hey! Get down from there, bitch!” he shouted and raised his gun.
 
Al noticed this almost before it even happened, “No! Wait—don't!” he cried out in desperation—but a fourth shot was fired into the night.
 
The girl dropped suddenly and cried out in pain. The blade from her hand clattered to the ground while she whimpered and clutched her bleeding side.
 
The man's other companions stared at him in horror, “You idiot!” they screeched in unison, “You just did that in front of the Fullmetal Alchemist!”
 
“Nii-san…I think they're afraid of you…” Al said slowly, even though his eyes never appeared to leave the girl lying at the back of the alley.
 
Ed smirked and fingered the pole in his hands, “They should be—heh, I guess my reputation precedes me in this town…”
 
But then the man who had fired the gun now suddenly pointed it at the blonde-haired teen, “Alchemist or not, this doesn't concern you, boy—and whatever the hell you are,” he spat at Al, “This girl owes us!”
 
He cocked an eyebrow, “Really? I'd think this would be a little pointless then; she can't exactly pay you back if she's dead,” he said rather smoothly as he golden eyes flickered towards her body lying with her back towards them.
 
The man growled darkly as his face turned beet-red and his hand began to shake dangerously, “Er—SHUT UP!”
 
Without warning, his gun fired again—only this time at Ed. The alchemist swiftly raised his right arm and the bullet simply bounced off.
 
The trio of men instantaneously took a step backwards, “Wh-What are you…?” one of them asked shakily while Ed's smirk widened and he raised the pole in a preparation to fight any of them. Each of them seemed to coward (except probably the idiot who had fired the gun).
 
“Whatever or whoever the hell he is,” the man began, “He's nothing more than a pint-sized kid who's gonna get his ass beaten to a pulp in just—!”
 
WHACK!
 
The rod in Ed's head suddenly found itself against the side of the man's head. His eyes widened in surprise as he made a small turn on his heel before his body suddenly collapsed to the ground and he fell into unconsciousness. There was an artery pulsing in the alchemist's temple and his free hand clenched into a threatening fist.
 
Al noticed this and shook his head, “…He shouldn't have mentioned his height…” he stated almost in pity, “Now he's not going to be happy…”
 
The remaining two men blanched and stared, horrified, at one another. An instant later, both of them made a mad dash for the exit and the two brothers promptly stood aside to let them pass; it wasn't worth it to chase after them after all. Ed watched them for a moment and shrugged, but not before he turned again towards the girl.
 
“Is she breathing?” Al asked worriedly as he brother knelt down next to her. He placed to of his fingers along her jugular vein and paused for a moment.
 
“Well, she still has a pulse—do you think you can carry her? We have to find a hospital somewhere…”
 
Al nodded briskly and leaned over, gently lifting her into his arms, “Why do you think those men were after her, brother?” he asked as he started to head towards the entryway. But Ed didn't answer him.
 
He turned to find the alchemist still crouched along the ground. For a moment, Al thought he was looking at the bloodstains she had left behind for some reason…but then he noticed that Ed was holding something in his hand. Al stopped and turned back towards him.
 
“Brother?”
 
“We'll find some first aid supplies and head out,” he answered shortly, “We're not stopping until we reach Central…”
 
Al was about to ask him `why?' but then he saw his brother stand and turn towards him. In his hand, he was just able to make out the silver pocket watch he held.
 
He also noticed a frown curling at his lips, “Mustang's got a hell of a lot to explain this time…”
 
Ed silently let the watch hang down by its chain. His brother's eyes widened in surprise when he noticed the identical markings to those on Ed's State Alchemist watch on the one he held in his hands
 
“What…?”
 
The alchemist gripped the watch in his hands and stared transfixed at the ground, “We'll worry about that later…right now we have to fix that girl up so she doesn't bleed to death on our way to Central…”
 
“Oh!” he glanced quickly down at the girl lying limp in his arms, “Right…”
 
He turned back towards the exit and headed out again, only at a more hurried pace. Ed, on the other hand, stayed back for a moment longer. Slowly, he opened his hand again and stared down at the silver pocket watch in confusion. Without really paying attention, he absently flicked it open and closed it in the same motion before he clenched it in his fist a second time.
 
“…Who the hell are you…?”
-:-
 
a/n: …
 
egh…yeah it was crappy—but mind you it was still only the first chapter; hopefully it should get better
 
Hopefully
 
Well I don't know, this is probably something I'll just do in my spare time (or forget forever like that Rurouni Kenshin fic I “started”). But hopefully if those of you, who are still reading, stick with me, maybe it will progress to a better story, LOL
 
Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble now—so just one more little drabble:
 
The crystal-sword thing is an inside joke for our class. We were talking about minerals and all that fun crap and a kid asked if you could make a diamond sword (as long as you used enough pressure and stuff like that) and my teacher said no—but nonetheless (like the weird, over-analyzing kids we are) we kept asking and coming up with all these scenarios for how it could work…
 
Okay, well now I'm rambling, so I better go—Please R&R if you really liked it; I'd like to know if I should continue on this or just drop it…
 
So…
 
Ciao!