Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Home ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Since I obviously don't own the copyright to Full Metal Alchemist, I'm taking advantage of the Fair Use Clause of the Copyright laws to write a story with them in it. Who knew the government would protect the little guys? Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
 
Returning Home
 
My mouth is moving, but I can't say anything. I can feel where it hit… my lung… punctured… I can feel the blood rushing in; it feels like I'm drowning. Damnit… how… that bitch… my wife… I take a gagging gasp for air, spitting out blood and drawing in air at the same time. Oh god it hurts… How did this happen? How did she do that? How did she… It doesn't matter. I'm not going to make it through this.
Somehow I manage to picture Ed and Al… they lied to me earlier… said they'd stay out of danger… stay out of danger… I should have… I open my eyes but things are getting dimmer now… my glasses lie next to me, I try to grab them but there's really no point. Are they going to be killed? They've been fighting so long… I hope they're safe…
I close my eyes, trying to picture Gracia… the image of her… not her… but her shooting me… I try to hold back tears… My beautiful daughter Elicia, I love her… why did I leave her… Why? Why? Why? I'm going to miss her so much… daddy's little girl without her daddy… it brings more tears to my eyes, these ones I can't hold back… not strong enough… hurts so much…
I can hear an awkward sound welling from within me, a gurgling sound. Dear god… why? I never wanted to leave them… I never should have done this… everything is going black now, I can only see some fuzzy light coming from the light post that's only a few feet away. I can only feel a wet warm feeling in my chest, and I can't breathe… I close my eyes, trying desperately to grasp at something, anything… I can't die… I have a wife… I have… Elicia…
I see her… there… at home… she's waiting for me… I… want to… go…