Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Sapphire ❯ Rain's Memory ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rain's Memory
 
“Why do you look so familiar?” Rain asked the two brothers.
 
“Sister! How did it go?” Ivi asked her sister, as she ran up to the trio.
 
“Well sis, I got my official title and my first mission.”
 
“Well what are they?”
 
“Well my title is the White Alchemist, and my mission is to travel with the shrimp and his brother.”
 
“Who are you calling so small that you can't see them without a magnify glass, pint size girl?”
 
Pint size? Who are you calling pint size when you are no bigger then a bean?”
 
“A bean!
 
Ivi walked up to the younger brother in the suit of armor.
 
“You are the two brothers that we bumped into a few days ago, aren't you?”
 
Rain over heard her sister asking the younger brother this.
 
“You mean that I have to go with a shrimp that can't even see where he is going because he is so small.” This week just keeps getting better and better.
 
“Stop your complaining. I should be the one complaining, because you will just slow me down on my search for something.
 
“Actually you are slowing your brother down. You have to take like what ten steps to equal his one.”
 
“Stop making the short comments, midget.”
 
“I will when you tell me what you are searching for.”
 
“Why do you want to know?”
 
“Because I'm searching for some things and you might know of something that I need to know. The colonel sure spoke highly of you for someone so small.”
 
“Don't call me small!”
 
“If we tell you what we are searching for, will you tell us what you are searching for?”
 
“I guess that is the law of alchemy, equivalent exchange.”
 
“We are searching for the Philosopher's stone to get our original bodies back.” Al told the sisters.
 
“I see so you committed the ultimate sin too.”
 
“What do you mean too?” Ed asked Rain.
 
“Hey sis, there is a book store right over there. Could you go and pick up these books for me on this list and pick one out for your self? We will be there in a few minutes”
 
“Ok, I will see you when you come in sis.” Rain watched as her silver hair bounced in the sun light until she was in the shop.
 
“Why did you make her leave?” Ed asked Rain.
 
“You will not be able to get your bodies back with the stone alone. Have you ever heard of the Sorcerer's Sapphire?”
 
“I haven't, have you big brother?”
 
“It sounds familiar, but that's all.”
 
“You should have heard of it if you're searching for the Philosopher's stone. The Sorcerer's Sapphire is made up of three stones; the Mage's Emerald, the Witch's Diamond and the Philosopher's Stone. All three stones represent a realm of the universe; the Mage's Emerald represent earth the world around us, The Witch's Diamond represent the heavens above us, and the Philosopher's Stone represents hell the world beneath us. When the three stones are fused together they form the Sorcerer's Sapphire, a gem that can create anything without sacrifice.”
 
“You still didn't answer my earlier question, why did you make her leave?”
 
“Our story is a long one and for you to understand it fully I must start from the beginning.”
 
-Flash Back-
 
“Momma where are you going?” A girl about the age of nine, with shoulder length black hair and purple eyes asked her mother.
 
“I'm going to go see your grandfather.” A woman with long black hair and purple eyes told her daughter.
 
“Can I come too?”
 
“I'm sorry sweetie, but you can't come. Now Rain I need you to stay here and be a good girl for daddy and look after your brother and sister. I will be back soon.” She said with one final hug and she left through the front door. That would be the last time Rain ever saw of her mother.
 
Years went by and their mother still did not return home. Then one day Rain went to the market with her brother.
 
There was a gun shot.
 
“Rain go hide and I will come and get you when it is safe, and don't come out until I find you.”
 
Rain left and hid in a near by tree. There were three more gun shots. She waited for what felt like two hours. Her brother never came.
 
Maybe he is looking for me. She jumped down from her hiding spot in the tree. She started to look around for him and there he was on the ground at the very stand she left him at and she ran over to him.
 
“Big brother, I thought that you where going to come a find me. Come on big brother wake up.” She said as she nudged his body. “Come on this isn't funny, stop playing tricks.” She said as tears streamed down her cheeks. She looked up at the sky and yelled. “Who the hell did I piss off that you took two members of my family away from me?”
 
Her brother died when Rain was thirteen after that, she buried herself in her alchemy studies.
 
Ivi, Rain's younger sister who had long black hair and purple eyes, just like their mother's, was eight now and she started to learn alchemy too with her sister.
 
The next year they committed their ultimate sin, they tried to bring back their older brother.
 
Rain opened her eyes and it was dark down in the basement.
 
“Ivi! Where are you?”
 
No answer.
 
“Ivi! Come on and answer, Ivi! She's gone!” She looked over to where her brother should be and she let out a loud scream. The thing the girls created that night wasn't human.
 
Rain's father heard her scream and came running down the stairs to the basement. When he saw the state that his oldest daughter was in and there was no sign of the youngest.
 
“Rain sweetie, there isn't much time. Listen to me carefully, I'm going to get your sister back but she mustn't know of this.” He pulled out a diamond shape moon ring. “This ring was your mother's wedding ring and it is also the legendary Witch's Diamond. She might turn on you and you must find the other two stones to be able to restore your sister and yourself. Farewell my baby girl, I love you.” He gave Rain a hug then went over to the transmutation circle and clapped his hands then touched the circ
 
There was a bright blue light, and then it flashed white. A young girl that looked the age of nine with long silver hair and purple eyes appeared in the light.
 
“Ivi?”
 
“Sis! What happened to your arm?!”
 
Rain was in so much shock that she didn't realize that her left arm was nothing but a bloody stump.
 
“Come on sis, we need to get you to the doctor.” Ivi said as she went to help her up.
 
“Wait I need that ring, it was our mother's.”
 
“Can I have it?”
 
“No! Father told me to watch over it and if mother ever came back then to give it back to her.” Rain grabbed the ring before Ivi could.
 
-End of Flashback-
 
“Now do you see why I made her leave?”
 
“She's not human is she?” Al asked.
 
“No, she is a homunculus. I never saw my father after that. Who ever use the three stones when they are not fused together will die.”
 
“So if her story is true then that means that we have been searching for hell all of this time.” Al told his brother.
 
“Seems so.” Ed told Al.
 
“I must ask you not to tell any of this to my sister. As far as I know the one that is controlling the homunculi don't know that I have one of the stones.”
 
The two brothers agreed to not say anything to the younger girl.
 
“Now let's go to the book store and get my sister and let's get this party started!”
 
They went into the store.
 
“So where are we off to first?” Rain asked the brothers.
 
“Well I damaged my arm when I was fighting Greed so; I need to go see my mechanic.”
 
“Do you think they could have a look at mine? I haven't had it looked at in a while.”
 
“I'm sure that Winry wouldn't mind.”
 
They went to the train station and got on the next train and they were off to Resembol.
 
Why do I feel like something scary awaits us in Resembol? Rain thought to herself.
 
 
 
-A/N- First I would like to say sorry that I took so long to post the next chapter; I had an issue with my laptop. And Second I would like to thank my reviewers for reviewing and e-mailing me how much they love my story. I love to write them but I write them for you guys. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'm half way through the next chapter! So it should be up so.
 
-Erin Corr