Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Shadows On The Heart ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Full Metal Alchemist, it was created by Hiromu Arakawa and I will not be making any profit off of this fanfiction


Author: Shadowed By Light Of The Moon


Chapter Two


I watched my father with disbelief as he said those words. You have to die, Selene. Warm tears streamed down my face, fogging my vision. All he was to me was a black and blue blur, some shine off of his medals broke through the haziness, but that was about all. James's grip on me tightened, his chest meeting mine as we breathed, I could practically smell the bloodshed he had seen. Finally the words clicked in my head.


"No!" I yelled, pushing james away by his shoulders. I flung myself away, stumbling over my feet and falling to the floor, my chest heaved fast. My breathing felt sharp in my throat and lungs, "Why?! Why do I have to die!?" James just watched me with a cold stare, father looking at him with an intense gaze, waiting for his next move. I could almost feel the tension in the air weighing down on my frail body, crushing my heart with pain. "Why!?" I screamed again.


"Because you aren't supposed to know...and it isn't like we could erase your memories...nor could we just put you under a protection program. You would always remember..."


"R-Remember what?" I cleared my throat, tapping it with my fingers, I felt so dried out.


"Remember you. Who you are. Who you...were." I opened my mouth to reply, but the air hitched in my throat, I couldn't breath! I gasped, trying desperately to suck in air like a fish out of water. I grabbed my throat, showing I couldn't breath, but they did nothing. "Can't breath?" he asked monotonely. I tried swallowing, but my mouth was dry, damnit! I nodded hurredily, desperate for help. "Good." I flinched, looking up at him. "Now, how's your blood feel?" just then all the bood in my body felt aflare, then it was cold. I was dying...I was really dying. "Poison takes its toll quickly..." he held up a needle, a few drops of red liquid remained in it. He must have injected me with it while he hugged me. My head thunked against the floor when I fell back, everything in front of me going black before it was gone from all my senses.


????


When I woke up, my body was warm, which I find strange because techinically I was supposed to be dead. I opened my eyes slowly, it was dark before a dank looking room rose through the haze. I attempted to move, but found myself numb, my head locked to the side where I was forced to watch the stone covered wall. I squinted, seeing dark scuff marks, but they didn't look like dirt. Suddenly a light flicked on, blinding me momentarily. I blinked and squeezed my eyes shut, opening them again, seeing that the scuff marks were, in fact, dark, dried stains of blood.


"Awake?" asked a heavy male voice, I commanded my body to struggle, but that didn't work. I tried speaking but nothing came out, my mouth wouldn't even open. They circled around where I was, I guessed a floor because it wasn't all too comfortable, Looking down at me the whole time. Quicker than I could comprehend, I heard a loud cracking sound, then seconds later I felt it and screamed. "That got some feeling back didn't it?" he removed his thick boot from my lower arm. He broke my arm! Bastard! Then I recognized the voice, he was a high ranking officer, he commanded my father...was he the one who ordered I die? Again, there was a loud cracking noise and even quicker this time I felt it. The air swept from my lungs, one of my-now broken-ribs piercing a lung, a scream being ripped from me. "Hmmm....this mat be a bit...painful." that 'soothing' tone of voice disgusted me. I had sharp breathing again, it was hard to breath when your ribcage was broken and your lung was cut open inside your body. I screamed when his foot harshly planted itself on my stomach, blood running up through my throat and out my mouth. I spat some out at him, hitting one of his pant's legs. He growled, raising his foot again.


"STOP!" a loud voice commanded, "She has to be alive for this to work, Conroy." now I was barely breathing at all. The ugly taste of blood in my mouth, it was warm and wet, falling down my face and onto the floor, possibly into my hair. Ew. Conroy stepped away from me, a man with a smaller frame came into my obscured view. He 'tsk'ed something, shaking his head down at me. A white labcoat covered him, his white hair tightly pulled from his face. "She would not have been able to move anway, Conroy. Why did you have to bang her up so bad?....Nevermind that now...bring in the alchemist!" he commanded. Alchemist? Why an alchemist to kill me?


"Won't you just be sending her back to her world, the one paralell to ours?" so that's what this was? I was someone from a paralell world and they wanted to see if it was true? Assholes! I am not a lab rat!


"I'm not sure....just do what you have to do, besides..it'll bring little Cara back." wait...Cara? It couldn't have been Cara Miller, could it?


"I'll see her again? I'll see Cara?!" it was...that was Mr. Miller, I recognized his voice. These people are insane!!


"N-no...." I croaked, everyone looked at me, "This won't b-bring Cara...Cara back...it's wrong...M-Mr...Miller...as an alchem....alchemist...you know that...hu...human tran...human transmutation is...wrong...." I breathed out, exhausting myself with that one sentence.


".....I...I want to see my baby girl...."


"H-How do you......do you know she's...r-really...really dead?....what if...she....she isn't?....then....you'll not only....only kill me....but yourself.....human transmutation...can't..can't be accomplished...."


"And what if she is and I do accomplish it?!" he snapped, I smirked.


"Then...you have a.....a crime on your hands.....first...first they killed Cara....then you...you kill me...." I stopped a second, taking a deep breath, "Though...I'll....die from..from blood loss....loss any....anyway....and you....don't want to....go....to jail now...now do you?...." he growled loudly and I realized, too late, that I wouldn't win. Because just then, his hands collided with the floor, activating a long old circle I was in the middle of. "I'm sorry....that it came to this...." I mumbled, I didn't scream. The calming yellow light changed to frightening purple, and my body and soul were ripped apart, piece by piece. They screamed, ha, fuckers...I warned them, but no one ever listens to chidren now do they? And soon...that room...that light..those screams...were gone.


~~~


End Of Chapter Two!!


Review please!!