Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Audigy Alchemist ❯ Sound Metal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Audigy alchemist
Part 1: Sound Metal
 
Roy Mustang sat in his office, leaned back in his chair…..sleeping. The door cracked open and the Fuhrer slipped inside with out the Colonel noticing.
 
“Working hard or hardly working?” The Fuhrer said sitting in front of the Colonel's desk.
 
Mustang's eyes snapped open and he jumped up to salute his superior, smashing his legs into his desk.
 
“Sit down, sit down. I'm not angry.” The Fuhrer said smiling “It's been a very slow day for all departments.”
 
Mustang sat down, rubbing the sore spots on his legs “To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, sir?” Mustang said resting his elbows on his desk.
 
“I have recently made a new addition to the Alchemist ranks. I am assigning him to you” The Fuhrer said looking Mustang in the eye.
 
“But sir, we already have three capable alchemists here already, the Elric brothers and myself” The Colonel said getting nervous under the Fuhrer's cycloptic all-seeing stare.
 
“I'm well aware of that.” The Fuhrer said smiling “I need you and the Elric brothers to help “break in” the new recruit.”
 
“Why now? Why wasn't this person admitted when the test was administered?”
 
“Now, now.” The Fuhrer said standing up “I have my reasons, but now I would like to introduce to you…”
 
Someone walked through the door, he was kind of short (5'7”) and had short light brown hair. He looked tired, and slightly scruffy. Although his eyes looked droopy, they were constantly looking around and secretly alert.
 
“Ah, here he is.” The Fuhrer said shaking the guy's hand. “Dane Farrin, the Audigy Alchemist”
 
Dane smiled sleepily and said “Good morning”
 
“Its 1:30 in the afternoon” The Fuhrer said sweat-dropping.
 
Dane took out a small gold pocket watch and looked at it. “So it is…Good afternoon Sir,” he said shaking the Fuhrer's had again and turning to Mustang “Colonel” and bowed.
 
“Sir,” Mustang said standing up “are you sure this is going to work out? No disrespect meant sir, but alchemists need to be alert and…well…awake”
 
“Don't worry; he is quite capable I assure you he will be a great asset. Good bye” The Fuhrer said walking out of the office.
 
Colonel Mustang sighed and sat down I don't want another “hotshot” alchemist, I guess I can dump him on Fullmetal.
 
In a restaurant about 4 miles away, Edward Elric shuddered.
 
“What is it brother?” Al asked.
 
“I just have a feeling something bad is about to happen, and its going to be all Mustang's fault.” Ed said shoveling some food into his mouth in bad mood.
 
“Well, I'll assign you to go with the Elric brothers; they can give you some first hand experience in the field.” Mustang said sitting down.
 
“Works for me, where are they?” Dane said sitting down “and what will my orders be?”
 
Mustang hadn't thought that far ahead yet. “Uh…” he said thinking fast “you are to assist them with their missions and the search for the philosopher's stone.”
 
“I thought the stone was a myth.” Dane said, eyes opening a little.
 
“I'll let Fullmetal fill you in on the details; they are currently at Taco House.” Mustang said getting up and walking to the door. He opened it and looked down the hallway, “Lieutenant Hawkeye.” He called out to the figure in the distance.
 
The figure picked up pace and was at the door in a matter of moments. “Yes sir? Hawkeye asked.
 
“This is Dane Farrin, the Audigy Alchemist.” He said as Dane walked to the door. “I have assigned him to be an assistant to Fullmetal. They are currently at Taco House, will you drive him there?”
 
“Hello!” Dane said to the Lieutenant shaking her hand and smiling slightly.
 
“We'll leave immediately.” She said turning and walking to the garage quickly.
 
“I won't fail Colonel.” Dane said flashing a grin with a small glint in his eyes. He quickly followed after Hawkeye.
 
What was that I saw in his eyes? The Colonel thought then dismissed it when he remembered he had a pack of playing cards in his desk. “Havoc, Breda, Fallman!” he called sticking his head out of his office.”
 
ME: Well tell me what you think! This is a slow start, and don't bug me about the name, I wasn't feeling too creative name-wise at the moment ^___^
Read/Review please, or else…or else…I'll be sad
 
Dane Farrin: I would too, but tell me why you had Mustang assign me to Ed!
 
ME: uh………OH, LOOK!!! A RANDOM DISTRACTION!!!!! <points finger off in distance>
 
Dane Farrin: <looks>
 
ME: <Runs away>
 
Dane Farrin: <sweat-drops> Well, don't I look stupid…