Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Hole In My Life ❯ The Hole In My Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Summary: [post-series] Roy/Ed, one-sided Roy/Riza. Al is back, but where is Ed? Even though the world still turns right, and the day is brighter, Roy still can't seem to pull his thoughts from a certain petite blonde man who completed his day and put a hole in his life...

The Hole In My Life
by XiaoLang

Roy stared out of the window, squinting against the blinding morning sun. It was annoying to look out into its brightness every day, but out of habit, he did so every morning. Even though he could only see with one eye, it still bothered him to bask in the sunlight.

sunlight...

The golden sun reminded him too much of a certain pain-in-the-butt. Though, really, that person wasn't as annoying as the actual sun, but there was always an excuse to talk to him, tease him, poke him a bit.

It had been several months already since his disappearance, and with no sign of where he could have gone to, or if he was alive at all, everyone assumed he was dead.

Edward...

He was the spark that was needed, necessary in the day. Ranting, stomping, running around and complaining like a child, Edward Elric was a joy and added entertainment in everyone's life. He was liked by everyone, a hero to all, teased by all, and most importantly, loved. Perhaps not by everyone, but for the most part, the boy-turned-man was certainly known and respected for all that he did.

For Roy, however... it was a little different from simple respect and liking.

Please...

For Roy....

The sound of the door opening alerted Roy of Riza's entrance. They had been living together since he had lost his eye, and even before so, since she decided to take leave of her work to take care of him. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw her carry in a tray of food for the both of them.

Sweet Riza, she was always there for him. ...If only he was there for Edward. Sighing inwardly, Roy turned back toward the window and peered outside to the joyful world below.

come back...

If only he could say these words, plead them to him... How stupid. It wasn't possible, not now, to express his feelings, say the things he wanted to say, and still wants to say... There was always a small, slight hope in him that because they couldn't find Edward's body, then perhaps somehow, he was still out there and Roy could get his second chance.

"Roy..."

Turning, Roy retreated back to the bed and sat with Riza, dining with her. She was always there for him, but he didn't want her to be; he didn't want her to keep tagging along, helping him out when he felt too lazy or was too stupid to act. The fact that she kept with him made him even more depressed over the fact that he couldn't do anything. Nothing at all....

So now... there was this emptiness inside him... An emptiness that couldn't be filled. An emptiness that only grew bigger with each passing day and no results or clues as to where Edward "Fullmetal" Elric could have gone or could be right now.

"Roy, there's nothing you can do right now... Please eat."

...And that's what made it worse.

to me... to me...

fill this hole inside me...

For no one else can..........

Converting /tmp/phpoV1rBw to /dev/stdout