Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Death Freeze ❯ The Rockbells ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Rockbells
 
 
Rose woke up the next morning plenty happy and plenty sad. She didn't feel like fighting but she had no chance. Suddenly she heard footsteps and someone said the word "Roses" and Marcho steped down into her room. "Good Afternoon Marcho." Rose said.
 
"Good to see you awake I think everyone thinks I killed you, you slept in." he said.
 
"Oh so sorry to ruin your fun." she smirked.
 
"Do I get to hear your last name soon?" he asked.
 
"Not yet." she said.She turned "Farewell Marcho." she said walking up the steps.
 
"Rose Wait!" Marcho yelled
 
To late, 'Click' Rose notice the gun at the side of her head as she began to step outside.
 
It was Roy, "Well, well, Marhco has been holding out on us?" he smirked. Holding the loaded gun at Rose's head, right at her temple.
 
"You never give up, you military men. Your monsters on the battle field but when this is all over, you may be the hero. But knowing that you killed a little girl." she sighed "Is a scar that won't heal over." she said.
 
Roy growled "Shut up, don't be such a sore loser." he smirked.
 
"Fine be that way, but just think, what if you win? wouldn't you feel bad about it?" Rose smirked at him, though her heart thumped in her chest as the warm metal of the gun touched her head.
 
Roy smiled "Come on now, Iron Blood will love to see my catch."
 
Rose just glared at him, she looked at Marcho. She sighed "I'm sorry Flame, to do this to you." she smirked and with one quick motion stabbed him in the stomach.
 
Roy gasped and shot, but only hit Rose in the shoulder. He fell to the ground as Marcho quickly went to his aid. Rose ran and ran fast.
 
"That was way too close." Rose said to herself hidding in a near by basement. She realized it was full of hurt people. She heard tons of whispers and her name.
 
Such as "Is that Rose?" or "Oh my god its our worrior!" and "Theres Death Freeze." She looked around, Death Freeze was her new name. So said the military.
 
Two people looked at her "Well, if it isn't our own little defence." the lady smiled. She had short blonde hair and soft eyes. Same with the man next to her, "I'm Doctor Rockbell and my Husband here." she said
 
"Uh, Pleasure to meet you." Rose said.
 
"Ouch looks like they got you. Let me help you." she said sitting Rose down. The people cheered.
 
"Yeah! It is Rose!" One man said, "I new she was the one to save us! She was always a nice one!"
 
Rose smiled as Doc. Rockbell pulled the bullet out of her arm. She whinnced but this pain was nothing. She leared to ignore it. As she had her arm bandaged her eye caught a picture of a little girl, almost the same age as herself. "Who's that?" Rose asked.
 
Mr. Rockbell smiled "Thats our daughter Winry." he smiled. "You to don't look to much diffrent age wise. Rose your to young to be in this war. Way! Way! To young!" he said.
 
"I know but I am, I am the last hope." she said standing. "Call me if you need anything. I'll se what I can dig up." she gave them the thumbs up and smirked leaving.
 
~ ~ ~ ~
 
"You alright Roy?" Marcho asked later on today. "Your drinking alot."
 
"I had her." Roy growled "Right at my finger tips, I had her!" he slamed the glass onto the floor as the walked on patrol.
 
"Don't beat yourself up Roy." Marcho said "Mabye fate doesn't want her to be killed. Mabye she was right?" he said.
 
"She is but it is our job to follow orders." Roy said with a sigh. "But I won't let her get to my head. She needs to be taken down. So many men have lost their lives because of her trouble. I will kill her, Even if its the last thing I do!" he stomped forward.
 
Now to Marcho he was sure of it. He need to get to know Rose alot better. Before Roy did something drastic. She wasn't Ishbalin, so what was she? Who was she? Why was this so very young girl doing here? He hoped that his questions would be answered so very soon. For both their sakes.
 
Rose had made it back home safe and sound. She did the first thing she always did. She grabbed her book and her pen.
 
Dear Diary,
 
Today was a close day, the Flame almost had me there. I hope I didn't hurt the poor baby too bad -smirk-. But otherwise I ment two really nice people. The Rockbells, The have a cute little girl just like me. Her name is Winry, I bet if my parents were still alive. They world be worried about me! Just as worried as that little girl might be. But for that little girl I will provid the Rockbells with protection. Forever! But I hope I can last that long. I'm falling, like a broken angel, faster each time. They are catching on to my plans and tricks. Marcho must see me tonight. I am read to tell him everything. Today was to close not to. What if tomorrow, I'm killed? His questions will never be answered. So I will tell him, tomorrow for sure! If he doesn't come tonight. Which I doubt he will, he wants to keep the Flame out of my hair. Well This is the longest entry I have ever made, because I have so much on my mind. I'm scared but at the same time I'm not! I hope and thats all I can do, that this war will end soon.
 
Love Forever,
Afilia Rose Mustang
 
Rose closed her book and sat down against the wall. She sighed, "I hope I will last till tomorrow!"
 
Someone knocked on her door and came in. It was Hirasa, she was crying.
 
"What! Oh my! Hirasa whats the matter!" Rose ran up to her.
 
"Oh Rose, they got them! All three of them!" she cried onto Rose's shoulder. "My husband! Sirus and his sister!" she cried. "Sirus wanted you to have this before he died, and here." she put a jade necklace around her neck. It had Sirus name incarved in it and Rose's name with a heart around it.
 
Rose was shocked as Hirasa left, her last words to her were "Good luck, my little angel." that was the last Rose heard from Hirasa. She was either dead or she got away. Rose was in denial, she hid for 3 days, no sign of Marcho yet. She just hoped soon, very soon, he would come. She hoped he would bring a cure, for her broken heart.