Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The tall and enormous mansion already looked huge enough from afar
but its view continued to enlarge as their vehicle advanced.
A trio got out.

Olivier,"Mm?"
"Sis!"
A young girl stood atop the marbled stairs.
"Catherine."
The two men behind their general, nodded in gesture.
"They're guests. Have Florence prepare something for refreshments. We'll be leaving shortly after."
Catherine frowned, "Will let her know. Won't you be staying awhile longer?"
"No."

Most of the renovations were completed and there were some new additions to the furnishings in the hall.
Olivier, "I suppose there was a good harvest in Xing?"
"The food was fantastic! Such a variety of sweet, sour and savoury! And their culture is so different and interesting!"
Olivier folded her arms and settled on one of the long, exquisite sofa.
"Mm?" She noticed her men standing behind her, "No need to stand on ceremony! Have a seat!"

"Do stay for lunch," came a voice.
Philip Armstrong entered with his wife by his side. The old man looked slightly plumper than usual.
"We heard about everything from Alex when we came home. We are so proud of you both!" he beamed.
"Alex will return shortly and we'll have lunch, shall we?" Philip's eyes sparkled, "We'd like to have a meal with you since we rarely do. And.."
His wife covered his hand with hers.
"You will have another little sibling again soon!"
"WHAT?"