Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Back at the central office, the old man stood alone.
He knew that his seat, like the momentary rays that streamed in by the window,
would be replaced by another shadow, as soon as the light faded.
It shouldn't be long until a new Fuhrer takes over.
However, it would be a familiar face that he would be seeing, he believed.

There was a knock on the door.
"Ahh," The Fuhrer looked pleased, as a couple strolled in.
"We thought you'd be here," Roy removed his General hat and planted a set of chess on the table.
The old man raised an eyebrow while lifting a smile.
"The pawn, bishop, knight, rook and queen are all here, not one is missing. Yours truly included," said Roy,
as he stepped back beside Riza.

"I heard from Rebecca that the 'knight' has fully regained his heels?" Grumman asked,
as he gestured towards the seats in front.
"Yes, fully," Roy replied.
"And the Ishbal Policy? How's the 'bridge' coming along?"
"It's on schedule and the region is picking up well."
The old man snickered, as his spectacles gleamed, "Heh, so how is married life?"

Riza blushed at the thought and offered to get some tea to tide the glow.
"Hehehe, our 'queen' is blushing!" Grumman noted.

They all had some cakes that the couple brought in over tea.
Before the couple took to leave, Grumman added," You're a good choice, Roy...For many things."
He then leaned over to Roy and whispered, "Take good care of my grand-daughter for me.
She will become the next Fuhrer's wife."