Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"(Gulp), Maybe...we should come back later, May," Alphonse noted sheepishly, as both stayed witness to the confession, through a window, in the courtyard.
May held on tightly to his arms as she observed intently behind the shrubs. Her grip was tightening and he winced as a slight pain started to rub off on him!

"May!" Alphonse whispered in agony.

She tore her eyes away from the couple and noticed her hands, which immediately released him as her face turned a crimson red.
"Sorry," she managed, still recovering from her embarrassment.

"It's ok," he whispered. "We should head back now before anyone notices us!"

With her eyes still on the ground, she nodded and followed Alphonse away as quietly as possible.

Alphonse heaved a sigh of relief upon reaching his room, "Whew! I'm glad we got away!"
He stood out two teacups and began to pour some tea. May pulled out a stool and sat quietly, with Shao May,
observing her mistress on her shoulders. The little panda brushed her face lightly.

"Mm? What's wrong, May?" Alphonse asked.

The little princess looked up with quivering eyes and started hesitantly, "Alphonse..."
The teenager looked thoughtfully at her.

As she shied her eyes away, her hands reached for her skirt, creasing within her grasp.
"Um, what do you think of me?"

Alphonse smiled, "you're a very nice girl, May."

May's eyes widened happily as she turned to face him, wiping away any tears of doubt and relieve that fell.
There was a long way ahead of them and this was the only answer that he could give her at this point in time.