Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Seven Deadly Sins ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm not surprised at my lack of feed back. Thank you, Soularia, though, for being such an awesome person and reviewing. First chapter wasn't very well put together, so I'll have to work on that.
I've been working on a RoyAi fic also called Love Sick. Granted I've been working on it for a few months now, but that's not what's important.
Seven Deadly Sins
Chapter Two: In which the military takes an interest and people go missing.
Roy sighed. He'd been doing that a lot lately since he'd had to catch up on his paperwork. Riza stood beside him as usual, a dull look on her face. Of course, starting a new investigation had left him with twice as much work, and it was twice as boring.
Mustang held up a stack of papers and waved them around. “How long do you suppose this has been going on?”
“The paper work, sir?” she answered, “You've missed a lot going on all those dates.”
He smiled grimly at her. “No. This whole secret organization.”
“There are tons of `secret organizations' that aren't too secret anymore.”
“I don't see how this is my jurisdiction.”
“Sir, if I may,” she leaned over his desk to glance at the papers, “If someone has a secret, they'll usually do anything to keep it.”
“Hmm…” he hummed, grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling her closer, touching his lips to hers. She blushed as they broke away and returned to her stiff stance.
“I guess we all have secrets to keep.”
><><<><><
“The military's taking an interest in us,” Lust muttered, twirling her hair with her slender, long fingers.
“Whoop-de-doo,” Envy replied glumly. “What does that mean for us?”
“It means our plan is working.”
They looked up as a tall man walked in. He was thin and lanky wearing a fitted shirt with a fur collar. His pants fit snuggly around him, and his boots looked expensive.
“Oh goodie, you're here,” Lust yawned, “I'd thought you were out of our circle.”
The man, Greed was what they called him, smiled. Envy stood quickly, his fist clenching around the knife in his hand.
“What are you doing here?” he growled, stepping forward dangerously.
“I'm here to have a bit of fun,” Greed answered nonchalantly. “You know I have no interest in your doings, but I've heard you're snooping around the military.”
Lust chuckled. “Pride is doing his part. Envy, sit. Greed is here to help.”
Envy glared at the two and sat down grudgingly, crossing his arms. “What good could you possibly do?”
“Who said I was here to do good?”
“I suppose you're `money and women' aren't working out.”
Greed frowned and turned. “I can see when I'm not wanted. I'll just-”
Lust stood, passing Envy with a shielded glare, and turned him around, leaning into him. “Now, now,” she gave them both a look, “Let's put our differences aside for once so we can work together.”
Envy hmphed while Greed smiled and shrugged.
“Fine by me,” he said, “Just keep palm tree boy in check and I'll be fine.”
Palm tree boy,” Envy growled. Lust silenced him.
“We will act civilized,” she said curtly, holding up a gloved hand. Despite that, they could see clearly the long, sharp nails hidden beneath. “Do we understand?”
Envy paused then nodded glumly. This did not bode well with him. If Greed was being employed, no wonder Lust was worried he'd reach breaking point with the new Sloth. This brought up once more the question: who was this new member?
><><><><><
“How do you always manage to break your arm?” Winry asked as she held the broken automail in her arms, testing it tiredly.
Ed grinned, waving about his replacement arm. “I'm lucky it's always my right. If I broke my left arm I'd be in real trouble.”
“What were you doing anyway?” she asked again, setting the arm down and turning to her tools.
“You know the usual. Sparring, fighting, trying to break bricks with our forehead…”
She rolled her eyes and turned to Al. “Will you give me a straight answer?”
Al shrugged. “I don't know what he does when I'm not around. He ran up to me screaming that his arm was broken and he didn't want to come back to you.”
Ed frowned. “I did not!”
“Yes you did. You were afraid she'd make more short jokes.”
Winry giggled. “I can't imagine him getting any shorter.”
Ed growled. “Just fix the stupid arm.”
“Whatever you say. I don't think I need to take measurements. You probably haven't grown.”
“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”
“YOU HEARD ME!”
“I'M NOT SHORT! YOU'RE JUST A GIANT!”
“IS THAT WHY I'M A GOOD TWO FEET TALLER THAN YOU?”
“YOU'RE NOT TWO FEET TALLER THAN ME! NOW YOU'RE JUST MAKIN' UP STORIES!”
Al sighed. “Will you two stop arguing and fix the damn arm?”
They didn't hear him.
><><><><><
“They've employed Greed.”
Dante looked up from her reading. The young Envy sat at her window, staring out glumly. She smiled and closed the book.
“Why,” he turned to her, “might they have done that?”
She rested the book on her desk, touching her wrinkled face. “You know I don't have long. I can't be as pretty as you all the time.”
Envy played with the knife he'd kept with him. “So why him? I can kill him, and you can make a new one.”
She cupped his face in his hand, and he scowled, squirming away. “You always were my favorite,” she sighed, “Ever since Hohe-”
“You-will-not-speak-his-name,” he growled.
She paused and frowned. “I deserve to hate him as much as you do.”
Envy stood on the windowsill, a grim smile on his face. “Maybe. But I deserve to hate both of you. At least you didn't have to die.”
“Miss Dante?” a voice called. Dante turned to see the young girl she'd been housing, Lyra, holding a platter with tea. “I heard you speaking with someone.”
Dante turned back around; Envy was already gone. She faced Lyra with a smile. “Must be my old age. Now, would you like to join me for tea?”
><><><><
Trisha opened the door expecting her two boys. She was greeted with the sight of a young woman, wearing a short dress that reminded her of a maid's uniform. Around her neck was a small pendant which she stroked absentmindedly.
The second visit the Elrics had gotten in two days. Trisha was starting to get worried.
“I bring a message from Dante,” the woman said, “My name is Lyra.”
Dante… The others had talked about her. Trisha let her in.
Lyra gazed around, a smile gracing her lips. “This is where you live?”
Trisha nodded uncertainly. “Is there something you need?”
She nodded. “You are needed. I assume you won't have any problems getting where you're needed.”
“Of course not.”
“Good. Dante plans to put you to good work.”
She left as quickly as she'd come.
><><>><><><
Lust leaned back in her chair, resting her heels on the mass beneath her. It gave a shaky breath and lifted its head. `It' was Gluttony, the always hungry creature, attached to Lust as his dependent nature dictated.
“Lust,” he groaned, “I'm hungry.”
“You're always hungry. I need to put you on a diet.”
He groaned again and flopped back down.
“Sloth is key in this,” she mused suddenly, “How do you think Envy will react?”
“You make Envy angry,” he answered, “I don't like him when he's angry.”
“No, he's too quick to anger. He might not know though… It's hard enough to get him to cooperate with Greed.”
Gluttony's stomach gurgled. “I'm hungry, Lust. Can't I go eat?”
“We're lying low for a bit, Gluttony. I can't let you do that.” Gluttony had a cannibalistic nature to him; once they killed, he usually `disposed' of the evidence.
Lust studied her hands, bored. “Those boys are important. They've gotten farther in twelve years than most alchemists got in their lifetime. Hell, it had taken Dante hundreds just to keep herself from dying. They could be the ones to finally help us achieve our goals.”
Glutton groaned and rolled over. “Lu-u-ust,” he drew out her name, “I'm hu-u-u-ungry.”
><><><><><
“Did you eat?” Winry asked. Ed had spent the day at her house as she repaired his arm.
Ed nodded, pushing the empty plate towards her. She frowned and held up a full glass of milk.
“Ed…” she warned, “You didn't drink your milk.”
He glared at her, crossing his arms. “I hate milk.”
“How do you expect to grow any if you don't drink any milk?” she growled.
“I don't wanna.”
“YOU'RE WHAT? TWELVE? STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THREE!” Winry exploded.
Ed exploded right back. “I DON'T WANT TO DRINK YOUR STUPID MILK SO GET IT OUT OF MY FACE!”
Winry grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him forward, pushing the milk in his face. He squirmed away, pushing against her stomach to get her out of his face.
And this is what Alphonse walked in on.
The distraught look on his face disappeared into curiosity for a brief moment. “What are you two doing?”
They froze and pushed each other away.
“Al?” Winry joked, “What brings you all the way over here?”
“It's mom,” Al said, “She's missing.”
Author(ess) Notes:
Gasp! Where did their mother go? What's Dante's role in this? What's Dante's connection to Hohenheim? Bet you wish you knew. I do.
Today I ordered the art of Fullmetal Alchemist and the day calendar. I hope to get it by Monday. I'm really gonna miss my Celtic calendar though. It served me well.
So I was kinda a Harry Potter freak today. My dad had finished listening to the second Harry Potter book so we watched the movie today.
Anyway, if you're reading this, thanks for paying attention. If you aren't, screw you. Ha. You don't know what I said.
Alright I'm done. Review please!
P.S. Anyone know about Kid's Bop. Yeah, the ninth one I saw a commercial for. #1: If kids are gonna sing “Beverly Hills” they might as well sing it well. I do not condone disgracing the good name of Weezer. #2: They have Axel F by Crazy Frog in there. What the hell? They do realize that song is music with a computer animated frog making noises? Yes, I love Crazy Frog, but still. What the hell? #3: Back to Beverly Hills. They do realize the music video takes place in the Playboy mansion, right?