Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Tuckers new surprise ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yay! I'm showered! Now i'm all clean, but im freakin freezing because my hair is still wet..bloody winter weather..

--Reimuuuu

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ed's eyes opened slowly and he looked around. He had no idea where he was, and it was starting to scare him. The last thing he remembered was collapsing in his apartment home in Munich, Germany, and Heidrich yelling for him to wake up, then everything went black. Ed looked around some more. This isnt the Munich hospital..Ed thought..If I'm not in Munich, where am I..

then it hit him: Ed was back in Central. But how? Then he remembered first waking up to seeing Tuckers flip flop head staring at him, then after that, seeing Roy and the other officers, then seeing and singing to Tuckers half dead body....

Then it came. Ed lifted his right hand. He could actually feel his hand.Yup..it's real..it's actual flesh and blood..so this hasnt just been a dream..i'm really a back...but I'm..a chimera..

Tears formed in his eyes as he remembered what had happened earlier that day..Nina had died..again. Edward closed his eyes tightly, and let the tears flow freely. then he heard the door open, and in walked Roy, Winry, and Al.

Ed sat up quickly and got dizzy. He held his head and almost fell over before Al caught him.''Are you okay brother?'' Al asked.

''Al..'' Ed said..more tears coming,''I missed you so much..''

Al blinked for a minute.''I was only gone for one night..''

Suddenly Ed wrapped his arms around his brother and hugged him tightly.''I was wondering..If you made it back okay or not..'' He mumbled into Al's chest.

Al just blinked again, then it hit him''Brother, are you telling me you remember everything..? You remember me? Winry?..''

Edward nodded quickly into his brothers chest.''I missed you..Al..''

Al hugged his brother back and sat on the bed next to him.''Brother...you do realize...that you're not..''

Ed nodded.''I'm not human..I know..''

Tears formed in Al's eyes and he hugged his brother tighter.''I missed you too, brother..''

Just then, 5 military officers made their way into Ed's hospital room and stood at one side of the room. Ed just stared blankly for a moment, along with Al,Roy and Winry, then a General that none of them have seen before walked in.

''Ah, good, you're awake.'' The General said.''My name is General Miyazawa. Edward, we're not giving you a choice on this: We have decided that we're going to use you for the upcoming war.--''

''What?"Roy asked, interrupting the man,''You cant just use him for your own selfish reasons! Especially just when his memories return to him.''

''We plan on using conditioning, a medical procedure from Drachma, to erase the boys memories of everything. He wont remember anything, not even his name. He'll be used as an assasin in the war and any other time we need him.'' Miyazawa said.

''Y-you cant'' Al said, he was about to stand up, but Ed grabbed his arm.

''Dont get yourself in trouble..Al..''Ed said quietly, and Al sat back down. Ed looked over to Miyazawa,''What if I refuse, sir?'' he asked calmly.

''We'll be forced to kill you.''Miyazawa said.

Ed looked away and thought for a minute.''Then so be it: I refuse.''

''Brother!'' Al said, but Ed silenced him.

''I do not wish to be used for killing innocent people..'' Ed said soberly,''I would rather die.''

''Suit yourself.'' Miyazawa said, taking out his gun and pointing it at Ed's head. Roy quickly stepped between them.

''dont you dare shoot him!'' Roy hissed.

''Roy..''Ed said quietly.

''Mustang, if you dont move, I'll be forced to shoot you as well.''Miyazawa said fiercefully.

''So be it.'' Roy said.

Miyazawa sighed ''You'll be court martialed--''

''I dont care! I love this boy too much to see him get hurt. Shoot me ! Court martial me! I dont care! I'm not losing him again.!'' Roy yelled fiercfully.

Miyazawa sighed.''Stubborn idiot,''He mumbled.

Then Ed stood up, staggering for a minute, then catching his balance. He placed a hand on Roy's shoulder,''It's okay Roy--''

''No! It's not!'' Roy yelled. Ed smacked him.

''enough..'' Ed hissed quietly. Roy held his cheek and stared at him, barely believing that he had just done that.

''Ed..''

''Miyazawa..''Ed said, completely ignoring Roy,''Apparently I mean too much to some of the people in this room...I guess..I'll accept the conditioning and--''

''Fullmetal!'' Roy yelled, but was interrupted by the General.

''Alright Elric, you have one day to spend with the people you love, then tomarrow is the conditioning procedure. See you again tomarrow at 1300 hours sharp."

Ed nodded and the men made their way out of the room. He stared at the door for a moment, then turned to glare at Roy.

''You idiot!'' He hissed,''Are you trying to get yourself killed!? court martialed?!"

''Did you hear yourself?! You were asking for death!'' Roy yelled back.'' You get your memeories back and everything can go back to normal, then you--''

'' It could never go back to normal!'' Ed yelled, tears threatening to spill from his eyes,'' Im not human anymore! I'm not normal! Everything would've been just fine if you had just killed me and Nina when we asked the first time! Then everything could go back to normal! If you really loved me like you said, you would've put me out of my fuckin' misery!''

Roy simply stared at Ed, trying to process all that the boy had just said.''Ed, I'm sorry..but the orders that were givin to me were to bring you and nina bck to Central HQ for testing..--''

''You could have lied or something..'' Ed said quietly,'' you could've said we died..something, some excuse..''

Roy scratched his head. He started to space out thinking about Ed's decision when his thoughts were interrupted.

''Kill me..''Ed said quietly.

''What..?''Roy asked, not understanding Ed's request completely.

''This can all end right here if you just kill me..'' Ed replied, still not looking at the dark haired man.

''Ed..I can't..I..'' Roy was scared to say the words that lingered in the back of his mind. Did he really feel those things for the blonde in front of him? Ed was still so young, it would surely cause problems if anyone else found out how Roy felt. It was simple. Ed used to be a subordinate of Roys, and he was much younger. Wait, had Ed grown some? It looked as though Ed was almost as tall as Roy..Oops, went off track.

Anyway

''Ed, I love you..''Roy said finally.

Ed felt a tight pain in his chest. Not only from what Roy had just told him, but because he wasnt really supposed to be up and walking. His body was still weak. A look of pain was laced across Edward's face.

'' Ed, I'm sorry..''

''No..Roy..'' Ed said hoarsly,'' It's not your fault..I'm just not supposed to be up..''

''Maybe you should sit down..'' Roy said, but Ed was already collapsing into arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mayu-chan's Panda-shed Diaries

We have to do a paper mache project in art class right now, so me and my boyfriend paired up. We thought for a while, and we decided to make pikachu, except we might call it pikamachu instead. ^^ we're going to use wires to do the outline of pikachu,er, pikamachu then put the paper mache crap on it and paint it. It has to be lifesize, so we're making it about the size pikachu would be in real life. we have to have it done in ten days. 0.o The only problem is: Who gets to take it home when we're done?
...help!!!
--Mayu-chan

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

''So much for spending the day with brother..'' Al said as his watched his brother sleep. Everything had calmed down a little, now that Roy was gone. He had left, and asked Al to call his office when Edward wakes back up. Al asked him a number of times if he was sure he wanted to leave, but Roy said he had some business to attend to. Al was afraid he might be going to confront General Miyazawa. That would be hell.

Al was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his brother mumble something. He leaned a little closer, trying to hear what he was saying.

''Roy..''

Al wondered if his brother was awake or not. Was he asking for Roy, or was he dreaming about him? Al couldnt tell.

''Mmm..Al..where's Roy..'' Ed mumbled softly, trying to open his eyes, but they fell shut.''I need to talk to him..now...''

''Roy left brother..''Al said softly,''He'll be back soon, I'll call him if you want..''

Ed sat up slowly.''That's alright..I'll just go to his office..'' He said, pulling himself out of bed.

Al put a hand on his brothers shoulder, ''No, you need to rest, I'll call him and get him down here, he told me to call when you woke up anyway..''

Ed stared at his brother for a minute, then looked down.''Alright..''

Al smiled slightly and went for the phone on the nightstand next to Ed's table. When Roy asnwered after the 2nd ring, Al told him his brother was awake and wanted to see him. Roy replied that he would be down there soon and hung up the phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Al had left the two alone so they could talk in privacy. He decided that he and Winry would go get dinner from some resteraunt,probably bringing something back for Ed. Ed hadnt eaten all day. He passed out before he could.

Ed and Roy sat in silence for a minute then Ed spoke.''Roy..did you really mean that..? I mean..What you said..''

Roy looked at the blonde beauty sitting before him, his long golden hair( which they still had to cut) Was sitting loose, cascading over his shoulders, covering most of his hospital uniform. his alchemic gold eyes looked hurt and it made Roy sad. The look in his eyes made Roy want to rip his own heart out. It was silent for a minute, then Roy finally answered.

''Yes..Edward..I've never meant anything more in my whole life..I really do love you..'' Roy said, sitting next to Ed on his hospital bed.''D-do love me back?''

The hurt in Roy's voice was enough to tear Edward to pieces.''Yes, of course..''

''Do you?''

''Yes, Roy, I love you so much.'' Ed said, then a smirk played itself across his face.''Your the best Roy, I love you Roy, I'll die for you Roy!'' He said in a sarcastic tone, making Roy laugh.

''Good, but I dont want you dying just yet..''Roy said with a chuckle, but then his expression went into a sober one.''But..why would you do that?'' He asked,'' Agree to be used as the military's weapon?''

The smile on Ed's face vanished.'' We'll still be able to see each other, Roy..and maybe, even though I wont remember you, you can steal my heart once again..''

Roy smiled.''Maybe, but you'll still be young..''

''Yes, but I'll be sooo lonely, I'll probably go out with just about anyone,'' Ed said, a small, half hearted laugh sounding at the end. Roy could tell though, it wasnt a real laugh, or a real smile. Oh no, not at all. The hurt could still be seen in Ed's eyes. His beautiful golden eyes. The pain was still visible. Scarring Ed's once bright, glowing, beautiful eyes. Roy frowned.

''Are you okay?'' Roy asked, placing one of his hands on Ed's,''You're still upset.''

''I am..'' Ed said quietly,''I'll admit that, it's just--''

Suddenly the door to Ed's room opened and Roy quickly pulled his hand away. Good thing he did, it was General Miyazawa.

''What do need, General?'' Roy asked in a calm and professional manner.

''We just got word from some spys we had sent out to Xing that their planning a surprise attack in a few days..We'll need Ed to have the conditioning procedure tonight, so we can get him prepared for the day they attack.'' Miyazawa stated. This made Roy angry.

''Today was supposed to be the last day he could see anyone he loves..'' Roy said, a hint of anger in his voice.

''Yes, we realize that, but with Ed's body, he could be of good use that day.--''

''He's too weak..''

''Then we'll use more medication to fix that.''

''doesnt condtioning shorten peoples lives?'' Roy said, becoming more angry.

''Yes, it does.'' Miyazawa stated simply.

''Then why would you use the medication?" Roy asked, now standing, so he stood at full height with the man, staring him directly in the eyes. This was making Ed a little scared for Roy.

Dont get yourself hurt you idiot..Ed thought.

Miyazawa ignored Roys question and turned to Ed.''Mr Elric, if you would come with me, we can start the procedure..''

Ed stared at him for a minute, then looked to Roy. Roy was facing Ed once again. He had a pleading look on his face, hoping that Ed would refuse, but then again, it Ed refused, he would be killed. Roy didnt know which was worse. Ed looked back to Miyazawa and nodded. He slowly climbed out of bed.

''I can help you down there..''The general said with a polite tone, apparently trying to soften the situation.

''I'll be okay..'' Ed said. Roy grabbed Ed's arm for a minute.

''What are you doing?'' Roy asked.

''It's okay.'' Ed said, flashing a bright smile. An actual smile, not one of his know-it-all grins. Roy simply nodded and watched the two walk away.

Great. How would he explain this to Alphonse?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay! I'm leaving off here! I gotta go text my friend Rachel then go take a shower.(it's so weird saying my own name when talking about someone else.) OMIJUICE! I just revealed my real name to you all! *hits back space repeatedly* Damn it all to bloody hell its not working!!!

...gomenasai..Mental breakdown.

Bye bye!