Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Suzaku no Princess ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
IMPORTANT STUFF (I guess): BSSMoon and FYuugi were created and owned by Takeuchi Naoko-sensei and Watase Yuu-sensei, respectively. Then there are the many others that are involved in these two series, but I don't feel like finding out and putting them here. So there! BLEH!


Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon & Fushigi Yuugi Crossover
"SUZAKU NO PRINCESS" (The Princess of Suzaku)
written by K-chan


PROLOGUE

Tsukino Usagi was very relieved the school day had ended. She was even happier that her teacher had other engagements than stay back for detention. So Usagi was a little late to school, but this time it was out of her control. How could she get enough sleep when her new life as a 'soldier for love and justice' was vital to protect the world?!

Being a superhero was great and all, but she had a normal life to take care of--not that she was doing wonderful in school. It was one of her greatest obstacles in life. But right now, she wanted some rest. She was hoping another youma wouldn't show up for the next few days. Even if a youma wasn't a problem, Luna's nagging was something else. If it wasn't combat training, then it was studying. Training. Studying. Training. Studying. It was like Usagi had a second mother.

A familiar voice was calling her name, not sounding urgent but a little relieved. Usagi stopped and looked back, seeing her childhood friend running up to her. "Hi, Naru-chan," the blonde greeted. She noticed the bundle of books in the girl's arms. "What's up?"

"Usagi-chan, if you're not doing anything, could you come with me to the library?" She indicated the books, "I have to return these today, but I don't want to go alone."

"Okay, I really don't wanna get home right now anyway." The two best friends departed from their school with the library as their first agenda.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The destination wasn't too far away. It only took a twenty-minute bus ride to the National Library, but unlike the duo, another pair of good friends was heading to the same library too, by way of walking. The distance for them was rather short from their school, giving them at least a fifteen-minute exercise, which the brunette could really use from how much she ate.

The blonde girl continued to walk up the steps of the library while her friend lagged behind, gaping up at the 'National' Library. "Boy, this library is really big," Miaka remarked, her eyes pondering how tall the building was. "Is that why it's the 'national' library? It has to be. Ne, Yui-chan?"

Yui stopped and glanced back at her friend with a sigh, "Miaka, just hurry up here." She turned around and proceeded towards the entrance with Miaka finally following her. Just as they stepped into the lobby, Miaka's eyes caught sight of a vending machine. She immediately dispatched herself to the machine, practically drooling at the selection.

Yui's fidgeting from Miaka's usual reaction would have caused her to drop her books, but she was quick enough to catch them in time. She groaned quietly to herself, wondering when Miaka would ever change if she hoped to get a boyfriend in high school. She shrugged and said, "Just give me a few minutes, Miaka." She already left when Miaka waved her hand to acknowledge her words.

After a few more moments of admiration, Miaka searched her pockets for some change. Her hands dived into her pockets on her uniform but pulled out nothing. "What?! I know I had some change!" She frantically searched them again until she realized one of the pockets had a hole in it. Frustrated, she pounded the machine. A realization came to her that Yui would have money that she could borrow!

"Oh... Yuuuuuuuuuuuii-chaaaaaaaan!" her voice rang in the lobby as she made her way into the library. Just as she left, Usagi and Naru arrived with the former not looking too great.

"Those steps," the blonde breathed heavily, leaning against the wall. As soon as her breathing returned to normal, she said incredulously, "Just how many were there?!"

Naru giggled. "It wasn't that bad, Usagi-chan, but the exercise could do you some good." She glance at the drink machine and suggested, "There's a drink machine, Usagi-chan." The blonde perked her head up and quickly fumbled in her pockets for some change. Her eyes brightened even more when she felt a flat, circular object in her skirt pocket.

"I'll catch up with ya," Usagi told the red-head. Naru nodded and left Usagi alone with the drink machine. After Naru was gone, Usagi clumsily dropped the coin on the floor. It bounced and rolled a few meters away from Usagi until it settled inches away from a flight of stairs. The blonde got her hands on the coin, not sensing anything strange with the scene.

She returned to the machine and happily inserted the coin. She pressed her selection and waited eager for the soda can to pop out, but seconds became minutes, and nothing came out. "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!" She shook the machine and finally gave it a kick, but still, nothing came out. Exasperated, she leaned up against the machine with a sigh, "I just wanted a soda. That's not asking for much."

Determined, Usagi gave it one more bang on the thing when she suddenly felt a gust of air rush behind her, blowing her long, golden ponytails in the process. "What was that?!" she gasped, feeling it very unnatural. She turned in the direction where the wind originated and then followed the trail of air towards the staircase.

Usagi rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't seeing things. It was a brief moment, but she could've sworn it was some kind of red bird. She was certain it was red since there was a faint trail of scarlet dust slowly fading away up the stairs. Curious, she followed the path up to the second floor until it led her into a reserved area of the library.

She noticed a door was left ajar and carefully tiptoed to it and peeked inside. She didn't hear a sound so she opened the door wider until her body could fit through. "Hello?" she greeted the dark room, but no replies came, not even her own echo (because the small room wasn't the Grand Canyon). She stepped farther into the room, leaving the door open to provide more light.

Usagi suddenly jumped into the air with a suppressed 'eep' sound when she heard something move. She ran back out the room and waited till it appeared safe again. She slowly peered in again and scanned the room as best as she could. She looked straight ahead just to see a book laying on the floor.

She sighed, relieved that it was only the book, and no longer scared, she reentered the room to pick up the fallen book. She knelt down and noticed the old writings on the book. As her fingers clutched the spine of the book, a thought occurred to her. The book couldn't have fallen by itself, which meant...

She panicked. Her mind told her run out of the room, but her legs didn't budge from her spot. If someone was in there for some secret reason, then now would've been a good chance to get her, but nothing happened. She gradually eased her mind and then turned her attention to the book. "Hmm, 'Shi Jin Tenchi Sho,'" she said, quietly. "'Universe of the Four Gods.'"

Curiously, she began to open the book and read, noticing the familiar characters but they didn't make sense in Japanese. She groaned now realizing it was in Chinese.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Meanwhile in the lobby, Miaka skipped out happily with a coin in her hand. She inserted the coin and pressed for a soda. She heard the sound of cans dropping inside the machine and when she reached for sode, two had came out. She grabbed the two with a big smile. "Wow! This must be my lucky day!" she chirped.

Yui walked out, wondering why Miaka was happier than usual. "What happened, Miaka?"

The brunette was ecstatic about her luck and boasted to her best friend, giving her the free soda she received. "If this luck keeps up, I might be able to pass the entrance exam!!" She jumped up and down, cheering.

Yui looked very doubtful and followed the jumping Miaka out the library doors, saying, "Most of us NORMAL students believe in studying." After they left, Naru came out but didn't see Usagi any where. Usagi wasn't the type to leave her best friend hanging. She looked around for any sign of Usagi and then decided to wait.

She noticed the stairway and wondered if Usagi had gone up those steps. She thought about it and then sighed, knowing how curious her blonde friend was. Usagi was the curious kitten that had way too many lives. She proceeded towards the stairs, calling the girl's name.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Usagi looked up when she heard her name being called. She stood up, recognizing the voice to be Naru's. "In here, Naru-chan!" she called, still fascinated by the book in her hands. It was unusual how well she understood the book when her take on Chinese was as bad as all her other school subjects.

Naru was outside the room, just peeking to confirm the origin of her friend's voice. "Usagi-chan, what are you doing?" She swung the door to its fullest, allowing more light to flood into the room.

"Listen to this, Naru-chan!" Usagi began to read Chinese text, "This is the story of a girl who gathered the Seven Seishi of Suzaku and acquired the power to make every wish come true. The story itself is an incantation. Whoever finishes the book shall receive this power. As soon as the page is turned, the story will become the truth and begin..."

As Usagi unknowningly continued the incantation by turning the first page, Naru's eyes widened at the red light radiating from the book and then Usagi herself. "USAGI!" Naru tried to warn, but in the next second, the red light engulfed Usagi, blinding Naru who demanded her to drop the book. When the light faded away, Naru looked over to Usagi and gasped. "USAGI!" she cried as the book fell to the floor.

Staring at the spot where her friend last stood, Naru cupped her mouth with both hands. She cautiously stepped into the room, whispering, "Usagi... Usagi..." Her eyes roamed to every inch of the room before she picked up the book. She checked the room again, wandering behind every shelf. She had to admit, Tokyo was becoming prone to many strange things recently, but seeing her best friend vanished before her own eyes was about to send her over the top.

With vacant eyes, Naru gazed at the book in her hands. Her lips motioned the words on the cover of the book, but her voice was barely above a whisper. Like Usagi had, she opened the book in hopes of finding out what happened to Usagi and a way to get her back.

This began the flow of a new legend and a new time...