Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ *^~Fushigi Yuugi - Horror of Outtakes ~^* ❯ Retake Preparations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
** It was a beautiful morning in Tokyo, Japan. If it could be called 'morning', since it was only 5:00 am. We cut to a tall, secluded building decorated with blue, reinforce-glass on every floor. On a certain floor (the 10th, actually) , in a certain room (#1313) , Watase Yuu was jolted out of sleep when her alarm started ringing like mad. She feels along the tabletop, and starts punching her clock. When that came to no avail, she grabs it and hurls the object at a wall. There is a resounding 'BOOM', and then a tinkling as the shattered pieces fall to the floor. The initial sound of the 'BOOM' had woken her from 'half-consciousness' anyway, and Watase glanced at her trusty watch to see the time.**

Watase: (*staring at her watch. It reads 5:00 am*) Damn! I overslept!

**She gets to her feet and throws on her director's clothes, snags her megaphone off the hook, and pulls on shades. She then marches over to a huge intercom panel on the wall*)

Watase: (*fiddling with some buttons. She jabs the 'on' button, then proceeds to holler into it*) WAKEE-WAKEE!!! IT'S 5:00 IN THE MORNING, AND YOU ALL NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE UPCOMING SHOTS! GET YOUR SORRY BUTTS INTO YOUR DRESSING ROOMS NOW, OR I'LL HAVE YOU ALL BUTCHERED LIKE CATTLE!!!

**Watase throws a leather jacket on and runs out the door, down a hallway, and into a conveniently open elevator. She then travels to the 52nd floor, and runs down the hallway, screeching at a halt in front of a set of double doors labeled with the words "Suzaku Sichi Seishi". Watase grins evilly before throwing the doors open. The darkness is shattered with light.**

Voice #1: (*drowsily*) Whaaaaa...?
Voice #2: (*angrily*) What the f***?
Voice #3: (*innocently*) Ohayo gozaimasuta, Watase-sama!
Voice #4: (*cheerfully*) We'll be down shortly, no da!
Voice #5: (*wailing*) Someone tampered with my perfect hair!
Voice #6: (*horrified*) Heika-sama! What happened to your hair?
Voice #7: (*puzzled*) Did I miss something?

**Watase sweatdrops at the scene. Seven beds are lined in a row against the wall. Kinda reminds her of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.**

Watase: Okay! Up and at 'em boys! We're doing retakes of the WHOLE series today, so it'll take awhile. Get to your dressing rooms, quick! (*she turns to leave the room*)

**Groans issue from the room**

Chichiri: I have a question for you no da. Why is it that you always wake us up first no da? Why can't it be the Seiryuu Seishi?
Watase: (*smirks*) Simple. Because I want to give my favorite character a few minutes longer to sleep than you.
Tasuki: (*he jumps up, furious*) I have hell no idea why you like that Nagako character so much! He's a complete asshole!
Mitsukake: (*calmly*) Calm down, Tasuki. There's nothing we can do about it. Besides, without him, there'd be no plot!
Watase: (*smugly*) Exactly. So there. (*she walks out of the room, breaks into a run, and skids to a halt three doors down. The words "Seeryu Seechee Sayshee" greet her*)

Watase: (*muttered to herself*) Who on earth wrote this? Seeryu Seechee Sayshee??? Must be Suboshi drunk again... (*she throws the door open*)
Watase: (*dramatically*) Nakago-samaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

**Groans from the room.**

Voice #1: (*enraged*) What the hell is wrong with you, woman?!
Voice #2: (*jealous*) Don't you dare touch my Nakago-sama!
Voice #3: (*half-asleep mumbling*) Make her go away, aniki...
Voice #4: (*despairingly*) I can't! She threatened to put me in an Amiboshi + Nakago yaoi fic if I tried anything!
Voice #5: (*yawning*) Stands to reason, doesn't it? Kakakakakaka...
Voice #6: Grrr......ruff?
Voice #7: ......erm.........

Watase: (*grins*) Oooooh, Nakago-samaaa! I don't know what I'll do without you! Anyway, get to your dressing rooms quick, we have shots to flim! Sharp's the word, and quick's the action! Go, go, go!!!

**She shuts the door, sighs dreamily to herself, then proceeds onto three more doors down. **

Watase: (*throwing open the doors*) Okay mikos! Down to the dressing room...hurry! We're a whole hour late in schedule!

Miaka: (*hopefully*) Tamahome? Is that breakfast?
Yui: (*hits her over the head*) Baka!!! That's Watase Yuu!
Suzuno: (*yawning*) Ohayo, Watase! Is Tatara awake?
Takiko: (*irritated*) Do I have to? I don't even make an actual appearance! (*pouts*) It's not fair!

Watase: (*sweatdrop*) ...um...well...I'll try to change the script...(*heh*)...
(*she leaves the room, and proceeds to wake the rest of the Byakko and Genbu seishi, even though there wasn't much of a need, since they don't show up that often*)


**Scene: On the 25th floor of the building are the dressing rooms. We cut to the Suzaku seishi's dressing room. The seven men have makeup artists fawning over them**

Tamahome: I don't get it. (*irritated*) She gets sooo upset over one lost hour! Feh! I didn't even get to see Miaka...
Makeup Artist: Hold still! I can't hide those black circles under your eyes that easily, you know! You have to look like perfect bishonen in the show!
Tasuki: Ssssh*** What happened? (*he stares at the perfectly round circle burned on his bandit coat*) CHIRIIIIIKOOOOOOOOO!!!
**Tasuki spins on his heels accusingly.**
Tasuki: You've been playing with fire again haven't you? Didn't I tell you that is definitely not cool. Not cool.
Chiriko: Tasuki-san, I didn't do anything! (*whine*)
Tasuki: Like hell you didn't...(*mutter mutter*)

**On the other side of the room, the costume artist is selecting from a wide array of Chinese garments**
Costume Artist: Now Nuriko, you're going to have to change costumes quite a few times in your scenes. Here's your women's clothes and mens clothes.
Nuriko: (*curious*) I don't get it anyway. What's the difference? These both look the same!
Chiriko: Oh I assure you, Nuriko-san, there's a slight difference in the hem here, you see? And the dress line only goes down to there, whereas on this one, it goes down to here...

**The hairdresser is staring at Hotohori**
Hairdresser: Hotohori-san! What did you do with your hair???
**Nuriko looks over from his spot on his dresser**
Nuriko: Heika! It's a...(*giggles girlishly*)...it's a m-mess...(*teeheeheehee*)
Hotohori: ...um...either I forgot to blow dry it properly yesterday...(*sweat*)
...or someone tampered with my mousse...
**The hairdresser is in fits. Across the room, snickering is heard.**
Hotohori: (*eyes narrowed*) Taaaaaassssssukiiii...(*growls...whips out sword*) You're going to get it this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tasuki: (*rolling on the floor. He stops when a sword is pointed at his throat*) Geeeezz...his royal highness can't even take a prank...
Hotohori: (*pissed*) You messed with my royal hair! For that you shall pay!
Hairdresser: (*dragging him away*) Okay pretty-boy, we'll just have to shower and do the whole thing over again
Hotohori: Really? The whole job? Layer and dye and perm and gel?
**The hairdresser rolls her eyes and nods at her fellow hairdresser to start on Nuriko's Chinese 'do**
Nuriko: Ohohohohohohoho! My beautiful purple hair! It's just gorgeous...a wonderful thing to brag over, isn't it? Hm? HEY!
**The hairdress calmly twirls the purple length into long loops and braids, which hang over his shoulder gracefully. Nuri winces as she tugs - hard**