Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ A Love Betrayed ❯ A Love Found ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm BACK!!! With (drum roll) a new chappie! TA-DAA!! Hope you like it. Please review and thanks to tasukigirl78 and chichiri's angel for reviewing my first chapter!
 
To Chichiri's angel: Sorry!!!!! I couldn't see where I could put Chichiri in this chapter. BUT I will try in the upcoming ones! Hope you enjoy reading it anyway!
................................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..............................
“MIIIIIIII-CHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!” Miaka's eyelids fluttered opened and her eyes focused on a shock of purple standing in the doorway. It was Nuriko. Miaka's lips curled to form a smile, Nuriko and she didn't exactly hit it off on the right note but they managed to get along and became great friends.
 
“Good morning, Nuriko-san!” she said cheerfully, Nuriko was wearing a beautiful lavender robe with a vine motif, bearing pink flowers on the side, Still cross-dressing huh Nuriko? Sitting up in bed, her smile turning to a small smirk. Nuriko sat on the bed and scanned Miaka; her cheeks were tear-stained and her chignon was now more of a pancake. Her beautiful black dress was all wrinkly.
 
“How are you Mi-chan?” Nuriko asked cheerfully, looking around the room. “And where's Tama?” he asked innocently. Miaka's gaze dropped as tears silently landed on her lap. Nuriko tucked his finger under her chin, forcing her to meet his gaze.
 
“Don't Nuriko!” her voice rose, “don't say that name in front of me ever again!” she turned her face away as the tears began to flow freely down her cheeks. Everything stayed quiet for a moment till Miaka suddenly put her hands around Nuriko's neck, sobbing uncontrollably as more tears cascaded down her cheek. “I hate him Nuriko!” she sobbed into his neck, “He practically left me for some slut!” she continued, “And after all he said about never leaving me, we vowed to love each other till we die during our wedding Nuriko! And he had an affair with some rich slut!” she sobbed into his beautiful robe. Nuriko let her cry as much as she wanted to, stroking her back. When she finally stopped, Miaka looked up at Nuriko, “What's wrong with me Nuriko?” she asked, “Have I suddenly aged a thousand years? Have I turned ugly? What's wrong Nuriko?!” she shouted as fresh tears pooled her eyes.
 
“Nothing's wrong Mi-chan... You're as beautiful as ever. The only thing that's wrong is Tama's head! It must have been full of rocks!” he exclaimed, trying to make Miaka feel better. “Now, go wash up. I'll get you my kimono, alright?” Miaka nodded and Nuriko left the room, silently closing the door.
 
“Sooo how's our little priestess? Did she tell you what's wrong?” Tasuki questioned,
 
“It's Tama...” Nuriko sighed, “He had an affair with a `slut'.” Nuriko raised his hands to make quotation marks. “What is that anyway?” his gaze thoughtful,
 
“Beats me,” Tasuki shrugged his shoulders, “But whatever it is, let's not mention it to Miaka, it'll only make her more upset. C'mon, let's wake everyone up and tell them the good news!” Tasuki said happily.
 
“Okay! You do that while I prepare breakfast. I'm sure Mi-chan is very hungry!” exclaimed Nuriko,
 
“When is she ever not?”
 
................................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..............................
 
What have I done? Taka asked himself. I've lost the one woman I have ever loved and... His thoughts were disturbed when he heard a groan beside him as an arm laced around his waist pulling him closer, Karin's arm.
 
”Relax Taka; there's no one here that can disturb us. I've locked the door already,” her voice sounded husky from sleep. She snuggled into his neck, “Not even your wife can disturb us now...” her voice trailed off as she fell asleep and her grip around his stomach loosened, he squirmed away. He got up off the bed and put his shirt back on.
 
I've got to find a way to get back to Konan. He thought anxiously. I'll just leave her a note. Taka scrabbled around to find a paper and scribbled a note,
 
Karin,
I need to get my mind off things. I'm sure you understand, but don't worry, I'll be back.
Taka.
 
Karin woke up a few hours later and found the note on her bedside table, sighing, she read it. Oh, Taka, she'll never want you back! Not after what happened! Her lips curled into a mischievous smile.
................................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..............................
“Wow! What a spread!” Miaka exclaimed, hazel eyes wide in joy at the food Nuriko had prepared. Around her sat her seishis, all of them except one, Tamahome. “Well, dig in everyone!” Miaka lifted up her chopsticks and was about to eat when Hotohori cleared his throat.
 
“Miaka, on behalf of everyone, I would officially like to welcome you to Konan, again!” he raised his glass and so did everyone else, including Tasuki who added a fanged grin and winked at Miaka's direction. Miaka blushed and looked down shyly, “And please let us know if there should be anything to make your stay more comfortable!” He continued as Miaka was about to eat, “And don't hesitate to come and ask me about anything,” Miaka attempted to eat when Hotohori interrupted, again, “And remember, the servants are always there to help you with anything.” Miaka smiled and nodded as a sign that she understood, but Hotohori spoke again, “And...”
 
“Hotohori, not to be rude, but, could we cut the small talk?” cut in Tasuki, “Unlike all of us, I'm sure Miaka's hungry from her trip here. Aren't you Miaka?” before Miaka could nod in agreement, Hotohori spoke again,
 
“Well Tasuki, not to be rude, but some of us actually bothered to get dressed for breakfast!” As he said this, for the first time, Miaka noticed that Tasuki was only wearing a black, sleeveless vest with pants. The vest showed off more of his rigid upper body and as she could see, his right arm was tattooed with Chinese characters she couldn't quite understand. Just as Tasuki was about to make another sharp comeback, Nuriko stood up and splashed his glass of water in Tasuki's and Hotohori's face.
 
“What was that for?!” yelled Tasuki,
 
“I had to shut you guys up somehow,” Nuriko answered innocently, turning to her left to see Hotohori's shocked face,
 
“Why'd you do that for?!” exclaimed Hotohori, Nuriko sighed,
 
“I said it once so I'm not going to repeat it...” said Nuriko in a singsong voice. “Now, I didn't slave over a hot fire so that everyone can just stare at the food! I slaved to make this a special breakfast for Miaka! Now, dig in everyone!”
 
After breakfast, Miaka decided to go for a walk in the palatial gardens and sat down by the pond, watching the Koi fish swim around. She thought about Taka as she watched the fish swim by,
 
Why'd he have to love another when he has me? Isn't it me he always wanted? As she thought about this, Taka's face flashed in her mind, along with images of all the good times they had. This brought tears to her eyes, she closed them, trying not to let them fall but a single tear escaped and fell down her cheek. She didn't bother to wipe it away, then she felt a thumb rub it away, she looked up and saw Tasuki, amber eyes filled with concern. Miaka put on a weak smile as she rubbed her eyes free from tears,
 
“You got dressed,” she said simply, eyeing her wing seishi, he wore a black shirt with ripped sleeves, “Where are you going?” she asked, turning her gaze towards the pond,
 
“I was planning on going to Mt. Reikaku for a few days to see the boys,” started Tasuki, “But I think the boys can wait, I think I'll stay here with you, I missed you Mi-chan...” he sat down beside her and eyed the kimono she was wearing, it was one of Nuriko's best, it was in different shades of powdery blue, with a light red and pink obi, it had a cherry blossom motif, bearing leaves in pink and red. “You look beautiful today,” he said in a quiet voice. Miaka turned to look at him and gave him a warm smile.
 
“Thanks, you know the right things to say to a girl, Tasuki-chan!” said the priestess happily, “So, you're not going to go to Reikaku?”
 
“Nope, they can wait if they miss me!” he chuckled,
 
“Hmmm, in that case, why don't I go with you then?” giving him a wide smile, Tasuki remained thoughtful for a moment and gave her a fanged grin,
 
“I suppose you can follow me, how about we leave tomorrow?” he asked,
 
“Sounds good!” she exclaimed while standing up, “I'll go pack; I'll pack our food supplies.” Tasuki chuckled as she went off in the direction of the palace.
................................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..............................
“This is your entire fault, Taka!” yelled Yui, exasperated, “You just had to go knock up some girl, right?!”
 
“I wasn't knocking up some girl, Yui!” exclaimed Taka,
 
“Yea... Sure you didn't...” said Yui sarcastically, putting her head in her hands, “How am I suppose to know she's alright?” Yui was almost in tears now, just then the door slammed and Tetsuya and Keisuke walked in,
 
“Bad news, the book has been deleted out of the library records; god knows where it is now!” said Keisuke, frustrated.
 
“Yui, don't you have anything that you and Miaka both have?” questioned Tetsuya, “If you do, maybe we can use it to reach Miaka, like the time we had her hair, remember Keisuke?”
 
“Oh, yeah! I forgot `bout that!” exclaimed Keisuke.
 
“I'll go look for something, maybe I gave her a friendship bracelet or something that I gave to her...” she said as she walked towards her room. Keisuke turned to look at Taka with a look of disgust,
 
“How could you?!” he spat, “You knew she loved you with all her heart, and you just threw all of that away! Suzaku was right, you don't deserve a loving woman like that, you low life!” he put on his jacket and left the apartment,
 
“He's right you know, Miaka's a special person, you don't find people like her walking around the streets of the world, she's one of a kind, that girl.” Said Tetsuya, looking at Taka with a mixed look of sympathy and utter astonishment, Taka just sat there, quietly.
 
Miaka, I'm so very sorry I hurt your feelings, maybe I don't deserve you after all... as Taka thought about this, tears silently fell onto his lap.
................................................................. ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..............................
TBC....
A/N: I think I lost my muse.... well, tell me what you think! Please R and R! Advice graciously accepted! Thank You!!!!
P.S. thank you once again to Tasukigirl78 and Chichiri's Angel for reviewing and giving me advice! Hope you like it people! And don't forget to review ever! Or I will haunt you in your dreams... mwahahaha!!!