Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ Another Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My old account of was "openfire69." I made a new one thinking the old one was non-existent. Then I found it. So, I'm moving the two fanfics I had there into my new account. I don't own Fushigi Yuugi, but I do like when Nakago kisses and licks Tamahome...shh!! It's a secret.
 
--M.
 
Another day. Another conquest.
 
The tall blonde general removes his armor piece by piece, and as each part is taken off and set aside, his ice cold walls are torn down. A shadow of the man that the world sees in the daylight. A broken soul, hunched and shaking as he collapses onto his bed. Crystal blue eyes that can pierce the heart like a dagger in the light are empty and dead as their weary gaze falls upon the ceiling.
 
"Why?" He whispers defeatedly to the night. His question goes unanswered as a barely perceptible whimper escapes him. During the day he can hide his pain. He can be the cold general with eyes of chipped ice that strike fear into all that fall under their gaze, but when the night comes and the darkness creeps upon him, he becomes the lost child who killed his mother. The beautiful child; the emperor's toy. He is no longer Nakago, but a lost little boy who lies in dark wishing that he had arms to hold him. Arms to keep him safe and chase away his nightmares. He becomes a little boy afraid of the monsters that lurk in the dark corners of his tent. His memories of the crimes that he committed. The innocent people he has killed, the lives that he ruined, they all come back to haunt him when the night falls. They follow him wherever he goes, and when the lights go out, he is at their mercy.
 
"You'll never escape." They seem to hiss from the hidden places of his mind, and still their voices seem to echo in the deathly silence of his tent. He trembles and asks "Why?" once more, a note of desperation tainting the normally emotionless voice. He starts as he hears a noise from outside of his tent.
 
"Lord Nakago," Soi called into the tent, her voice soft and concerned. "are you alright?"
 
"Yes," Nakago answered coldly. "leave me alone!"
 
Nakago's mask back in place he plays the part with ease. As Soi runs away, he can hear her muffled sobs, and a solitary tear slides down his cheek.
 
"She might have cared, but you pushed her away. You'll always be alone." The hissing voices whispered, but no more tears escaped those empty blue eyes as they watched the sun rise in the east, painting the sky a brilliant red. He noted how much it looked like the blood that had stained his pale hands so often. As he donned his armor he became the unfeeling general once more, and as the last bit of the night is chased away by the sun, the lost little boy vanishes, leaving Nakago to face another day.