Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ forbidden ❯ forbidden ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It had been months since Miaka had left. The nights had seemed dark and pale since that long ago day when she had vanished. But there was but one saving grace for me. A single light amongst the darkness, which is odd because his eyes are the colour of the ebony darkness. His skin is pale as the stars. Shining, always shining with that smile. That beautiful smile that haunted my every dream. Gods what was I going to do. We could never be together… it would be unheard of.
Yet here I stood in front of his chamber door. I took a breath before proceeding. There he stood with his back to me; long strands of midnight hair fell like silk down his back. His pale hands shown from beneath the sleeve of his robes, though just barely. Only the gentle curve of his slender fingers. Pale elegant fingers.
My breath stopped in my throat as I stood watching him. He turned slightly, finally aware of my presence and that fact that I was staring unwarrantedly at him. He grinned; I could see an evil glint form in his eyes. My heart almost stopped dead in my chest. I couldn't breath. He stole the breath from within my lungs and closed it in his hand. He owned me, every part of me. She had left and he had picked up the shattered remnants of my broken heart. I loved him.
“Come.” He said softly, his voice entering and exiting the still air around us like a cool spring breeze through the trees. He reached out, beckoning me to him. I smiled, walking into his open his open arms. They closed around him, strong arms that held me firmly, safely. I knew some how he would never leave me the way she did. His hand reached up to stroke my hair, running gently through the course strands. I snuggled against him. It sounds pathetic I know, the fearless fighter running into another mans arms, begging to be comforted. I needed him though.
“You are so quite tonight.” He whispered into my ear. Cool breath washed over my skin, I trembled in his grasp.
“Fine, just thinking.” I said into the fabric of his robes.
“Do not think of her any longer. She left you, that is something I shall never do.” He stepped backwards, drawing me towards the bed. We lay down beside one another. I lay my head against his chest. His heart beat against my ear. I sighed, how I loved him.
“Emperor, you are needed in the front hall.” The voice of one of the guards called from the hall. `Damnit.' I cursed to myself.
“We will have to put this on hold for right now. I'll be back in a few minutes.” He smiled at me. I tried to smile back, but things where just about to start getting good. This always seemed to happen to us. Next thing you know Nuriko was going to walk in and try and jump one of us. I sighed watching him go. It was slightly devastating, but I could wait. I lay back on his bed, inhaling deeply. I could smell him on everything in this room and I loved it.
I woke later that night to the gentle though egger press of lips against my own. I groaned, opening my eyes. I looked up into his dark orbs. He smiled down at me, just a gentle curve of his lips. “I'm sorry that took so long I didn't mean for it to.” I smiled back at him glad to have him back, and near me. I knew he would never leave me the way she had. He would never leave me.