Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Hotohori in Miaka's world ❯ 'What a strange family she has..' ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Upon hearing his name, he looked up and his eyes trailed through the people until he saw a blonde young man about his age running towards him. He blinked, seeing something familiar about him.
"Hotohori! Wait up! Don't do anything stupid!"
"Uh.. what?"
Hotohori stared at the young man who was in front of him. How did he know his name..?
"Oh, that's right, you don't know who I am. I'm Keisuke Yuuki, Miaka's brother! Great to meet ya, I've re- I mean, HEARD so much about you! It's an honor your highness!"
Hotohori just stood, absolutely at a loss for words. What a strange man.. Keisuke chuckled a little upon seeing Hotohori's lost expression.
"C'mon, we'll get you some different clothes.. those are uhm.. odd."
Keisuke grabbed Hotohori's wrist and began pulling him through the crowds on the street until they reached another large glass building. Hotohori stood admiring it and then Keisuke pulled him more up to a door at the bottom of it. He shoved Hotohori inside and then up some stairs.
Keisuke walked into his family's apartment by swinging the door open and walked in, still dragging Hotohori.
"Hey mom, my friend is gonna be over for a little while, See ya!"
He then pulled Hotohori into his room and set him on a chair, suddenly getting a very serious look. It didn't suite him.
"Sorry I had to act like that, but my mom wouldn't believe me if I told her I was having a guest from a b-- I mean from another reality."
Hotohori merely nodded, his mind in a haze. He let his eyes scan about the odd seeming room and then looked back to Keisuke.
"Can you explain this?"
Keisuke noted the serious tone to his voice and nodded.
"Yeah, but it's kinda complicated, and you might kind of... freak out."
Hotohori blinked again.
"Freak.. out? I do not think I understand what you are saying, Keisuke Yuuki."
"Ah, just call me Keisuke, and let me explain what I mean.. I had to do the same with Tamahome but it was easier 'cause he just overheard an-- Argh, I'm rambling."
Hotohori chuckled a little.
"'Kay, this is gonna be a bit of shock, but you gotta accept it.." Keisuke took a breath. " You're a character.. in a made up story book.."
Hotohori opened his mouth to laugh at the joke that he thought Keisuke has made but examined the look on Keisuke's face and stopped.
"Are you.. are you serious..Keisuke..?"
Hotohori looked him straight in the eyes and a nod from Keisuke made Hotohori stand up and pace the room.
"But then.. how..? "
He held up the sword that was still in his hands and it flashed red, but brighter than before and a small feather fell to the ground.
Keisuke blinked. How.. how was that possible..? He's just a character.. the story is just made up.. it's not even real!!
Hotohori raised an eyebrow at Keisuke's weird facial expressions. Then smiled a bit.
"I guess you must be mistaken. Though, can you explain to me what has happened..? I must go back very soon.. back to.. my 'book' or world.."
Keisuke nodded and began telling him everything, from the beginning. He told him about how Miaka got the Universe of the Four Gods, and how he followed the story while she was in it while also doing research. Though he stopped when he came to the present time because honestly, he had no idea how Hotohori got out of the book. There was no explanation in the book either, which he had brought with him and now held up.
"Maybe, you should try holding the book. It might suck you back in or somethin'. I dunno. But you can try."
Keisuke stood and handed the Universe of the Four Gods to Hotohori who took it.
A moment later, the book turned red, lifted from Hotohori's hands and landed on the floor. Keisuke sighed lightly.
"Guess that won't work. We'll hafta to think of another way to send you back. Wait! I gotta try something!"
Keisuke turned on a bright lamp in his room and turned it towards Hotohori with the wall behind him. He did cast a shadow.. he really did exist in this world.. but how? Keisuke bit his lip and put down the lamp thinking. Hotohori stood confused and pondered what he did before he taken from his world..
The two sat in silence until Tetsuya burst open the door. He blinked at Hotohori.
"...No way! Keisuke, I thought you were playing a joke on me!! What the hell is going on?! How'd he get here?!!"
Keisuke laughed at his friend's reaction and looked at him.
"Hotohori has come out of the book, obviously. We need to help him get back. The question is, how?"
"How indeed..."
Hotohori looked between the two. He didn't realize Miaka's family would be so very.. odd.