Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Priestess ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden, Yuu Watase does. I am merely borrowing its characters, places and such for this fic.
 
 
 
 
Summary: Yukiko Minamoto gets sucked inside the Book of the Four Gods and becomes the unwilling new Priestess of Genbu. Will she be able to find the seven stars of Genbu and summon the god? She had once fallen in love but that had ended in tragedy and so she chose to close her heart. Will her heart of snow be finally melted?
 
 
 
 
 
Ice Priestess
 
 
 
 
Prologue:
 
 
 
 
 
---Tokyo High---
 
 
 
 
Tokyo High, a highly prestigious private high school located in the middle of Tokyo, Japan was still bustling with activity. Students are scattered everywhere in the campus: some about to go home, while others were still roaming around the campus. One particular brown-haired male student with auburn eyes was frantically running around the school campus.
 
 
`Where is she?' He thought impatiently. He was beginning to get tired of running around, looking for her.
 
 
Scanning the courtyard, his eyes caught sight of a white building. `Of course!' He ran towards the building and as he neared it, a sign saying LIBRARY could clearly be seen on top of the building.
 
 
A female student with long beige hair and light blue eyes was the only person inside. She was sitting on one of the tables reading a book. He grinned and walked towards her.
 
 
He tapped her shoulder lightly and the girl looked up from her book to see who had tapped her. When she saw the familiar grinning figure, she let her lips form a small smile.
 
 
He let out an exasperated sigh and complained, “Sheesh, I should have known this is where you had been hiding! That would have saved me a lot of time and effort. I think it would only be fair to inform you that I had been running around the school campus looking for you. Honestly Yukiko!”
 
 
The girl gave him an impish smile and said, “Sorry Tatsuya. And I wasn't hiding here. You know very well that I always come in here.”
 
 
He eyed her skeptically and remarked, “You haven't changed at all.“
 
 
“I'll take that as a compliment.” She replied.
 
 
“Oh well,” He sighed in defeat. “Hey Yuki-chan.”
 
 
“Hmm? What is it Tacchan?”
 
 
“Happy birthday! You didn't really think that I would forget now, did you?” He said as he handed her a red box.
 
 
She placed the book that she was reading on top of the table and glanced at his smiling face. “Tacchan…”
 
 
“You didn't need to…” She began to protest but he shoved the box on her hand firmly.
 
 
“Nonsense! This is my present for you. Oh and I think we should have a party to celebrate!” Tatsuya insisted.
 
 
Yukiko shook her head in disagreement. “No. That won't be necessary.”
 
 
“But it's your sixteenth birthday for heaven's sake!” Tatsuya protested.
 
“Iie…we don't need to throw a party…father isn't even here…he's still on that business trip of his…” She responded, her voice emotionless.
 
 
“Oh…right…I forgot…gomenasai Yuki-chan…”
 
 
“It's not your fault Tacchan…besides…I still have you and it's really sweet of you for buying me a present,” Yukiko said, smiling warmly at him.
 
 
“What can I say? I love my dear cousin too much. And I promise to always be by your side.”
 
 
She laughed softly and he probed her to open his gift for her. She carefully opened the lid of the box and her eyes widened when she saw what was inside. A beautiful, intricate white-gold bracelet with a sapphire stone shaped like a heart in the middle of it was sitting on top of the velvet cloth inside the box.
 
 
She turned shocked eyes on her cousin who was smiling proudly beside her. “Look behind the heart.”
 
 
She picked up the bracelet and turned it around. Something was engraved behind the heart. “Espérance,” she whispered softly.
 
 
With eyes filled with tears, she stood up and threw her arms around him. “Hope…arigatou oniichan…arigatou…” She sobbed.
 
 
He patted her back comfortingly. “I'm glad you like it.”
 
 
She nodded her head. “We'll always be together. Always…ne oniichan?”
 
 
“Of course!” He assured her.
 
 
“I…don't want to loose anyone anymore…no more…” She said softly.
 
 
He hugged her tightly and whispered, “No…you won't loose anyone anymore…I won't let you gat hurt again…I'll protect you.”
 
 
“Arigatou oniichan…as long as you are with me…I'll always be all right.” She wiped her cheeks with a handkerchief and slipped the bracelet on her left hand.
 
 
“Shall we go home now?” He inquired. She nodded her head and together, they went out of the library and left the school.
 
 
 
 
 
Author's notes:
 
 
Okay. This is my second fic. This story has been bugging me ever since I had first read about Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden. Sorry. I haven't even read it till the end so it'll be a little difficult to write about it. Anyway please tell me if you hate the story. I don't mind if you criticize me. Just please tell me your honest opinion about it. If you're confused about anything, please feel free to e-mail me so that I could clear it out for you. I'd be happy to explain it as long as you don't ask me in an obnoxious way. Oh and please tell me if it's lame or something although I do think it kinda is. After all, it's only the prologue. Anyway, please leave a review! Thanks in advance!!!